My new Focus SEL

Actually it is the wife's car and she fell in love with that color.

Truth be told, it is the reason we bought it!

She always liked "Lime Squeeze" Fiestas and also the similar green offered on the previous generation Escape.

Outrageous Green has grown on me now.

The only drawback is no matter where we go in that car, I feel everybody knows our business!

Every time I see one of those on the line I literally think to myself who the f**k buys a green car

I guess I have my answer :)

Back in the 60's, it seemed about half the cars produced were some shade of green. All of a sudden, virtually nobody offered green for quite some time.

Back in the 60's, it seemed about half the cars produced were some shade of green. All of a sudden, virtually nobody offered green for quite some time.

The same think happened in the 80'sa when Ford came out with Emerald Green. For years about 40% of the cars we sold were Emerald Green and the sales representatives kept asking me why I was ordering so may green cars. I told them to look at the number of green cars they were delivering!

The same think happened in the 80'sa when Ford came out with Emerald Green. For years about 40% of the cars we sold were Emerald Green and the sales representatives kept asking me why I was ordering so may green cars. I told them to look at the number of green cars they were delivering!

I’m pretty sure our 93 Explorer was Emerald Green. Great color and very popular.

I’m pretty sure our 93 Explorer was Emerald Green. Great color and very popular.

Yeah the early 1990s ushered in the return of green colored cars-I remember the Mustang after 1994 being offered in Purple too.

Both colors have died off quite a bit in the past 15 years- I know my wife would kill for a metallic green Escape

I know that silly. I see them every day also, Remember? lol. I am asking if his car is american. So I can thank him (and his wife) for buying a UAW-Ford built Focus. ;)

Yes my Focus is American!

We love the car. Wife says it is the best car she has ever driven.

This is my first experience with DC automatic. I actually love the trans.

Our 2012 and 2013 Focus are manual. Maybe having driven manual trans cars most of my life is why I find the DC auto enjoyable.

I promise to get some photos.

I wanted the SEL for the features. A couple worth mentioning are the 4 wheel disc brakes and 17 inch wheels

• Like 2

As my dad used to say, for another $1 you could have gotten a green one!

And no, I'm not really sure what that means other than holy cow that's green!

I have to admit, this color is really growing on me.

I will let you in on a another secret. I wonder if you recall I had the 2000 Cougar I could not part with for all of 18 years?

I kind of related the Cougar to Nick's Mustang.

I had serioulsly considered turing it into a Rice-Rocket...or whatever an American car becomes when you modifiy it like a Japanese car.

Nevertheless, I had to make room for the '18 Focus, so the Cougar is gone.

I have issues.

• Like 1

I have to admit, this color is really growing on me.

I will let you in on a another secret. I wonder if you recall I had the 2000 Cougar I could not part with for all of 18 years?

I kind of related the Cougar to Nick's Mustang.

I had serioulsly considered turing it into a Rice-Rocket...or whatever an American car becomes when you modifiy it like a Japanese car.

Nevertheless, I had to make room for the '18 Focus, so the Cougar is gone.

I have issues.

I actually considered a 2000 Cougar back in 1999. I was just looking for something fun. I also looked at mustangs but ended up with a Lincoln LS. At the time they had a promotion - buy a Blackwood at MSRP and get a free cougar!

• Like 1