Lincoln Aviator 2019 revealed

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/03/28/lincoln-aviator-debuts-3-row-crossover-572291/

We peeked underneath, and the independent rear suspension of this "preview" vehicle — which appeared to be a hand-built but at least partially functional car — seemed damn near identical to contemporary Mustang suspension, as far as we could tell without calipers to measure various bits. Look at the current Mustang's rear suspension design, seen below.

Now compare the sway bar position, lower control arm design, and differential cradle of the Aviator, slightly visible in a photo taken quickly and in poor lighting conditions. They're doppelgangers, as you can just barely make out.

Lincoln Aviator rear suspension

Whether this represents the final rear suspension design, or this show car just nabbed some Mustang suspension from the parts bin for convenience's sake, is unclear. And Ford was staying mum on chassis specifics, so no help there. But it lends some credence to the notion that the Aviator and Explorer will borrow some Mustang geometry and engineering. The Aviator will certainly be much, much heavier than a Mustang, so production components will probably be beefed up for SUV duty.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm maybe the current gen Mustang suspension is more important then we thought when it comes to CD6

• Like 2

Probably in the same way that Expedition is different to Navigator

Perhaps difference around the C pillars and similar front as big brother

I don't think they'll be that close at all. I think Explorer has it's own unique body, sharing nothing but stance.

For the love of all things holy...NO!!!

Why? You think we need 5 threads on a single topic?

Um in the Edmunds video they said it had a TT V8?!?

I like the styling, but I'm not so sure about the grill-it looks weird for some reason on the Aviator vs the Cont, Nautilus and MKC

Yeah, he meant TTV6. I think he just got confused with the Volvo T8 system he said a few seconds later. I'll agree, there is something a tad off about the grille on this one, but overall I think it looks great.

Just had to stop by and confirm. Yep. Wrong forum.

Ugly SUV too.

Bah humbug. You're literally the only person everywhere to say it's ugly. Even the GMI'ers are saying how great it looks. You're obviously being negative just to be negative.

• Like 1

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm maybe the current gen Mustang suspension is more important then we thought when it comes to CD6

What other RWD unibody rear suspension could Ford have used for CD6? That’s it.

It wouldn’t surprise me if this is the exact mustang suspension in the concept while the production CD6 gets an updated but very similar version.

This is also why it was a no brainer that mustang uses the CD6 architecture.

Anyone know if there's a livestream of the press conference?

That's what I've been trying to find. Nothing came up in Google searches except the past livestreams and the ones for today for Toyota and Hyundai but nothing for Lincoln. I don't even know if Lincoln's official Facebook page will do their live show. I'll be on Facebook waiting to see if any of the auto magazines do their live streaming sometime before 10:45. I hope it doesn't become like what I went through for the Chicago show where nothing came up in Google search and the only one on Facebook live was one of the Chicago news station which had the camera all the way over to the side. Anyone knows how to watch Lincoln today!??

I think I found a way to watch it live. I am using desktop computer and I see on Lincoln's Facebook page is Livestream listed on the left side along with Home, About, Photos, Videos, etc. Clicking on the Livestream shows something that says to click the button to install the event on the page, meaning that Lincoln may have installed that on their page as a placeholder for a potential live streaming event shortly. Can anyone here confirm this as I don't know much about Facebook's live streaming app as I don't use it myself except for viewing. Lamborghini did their live stream off the Facebook page for the Geneva show. I liked how they announced many hours before the show on their Facebook page telling users to tune in at 4am EST for a reveal in Geneva. It alerted fans that there will be a show and to tune in but I don't think Lincoln did that from what I can see in newsfeeds but nevertheless will try checking back the Lincoln page about 10 minutes before 10:45.

I tried jumping through those hoops, and it wanted me to create some page before I could view any content? And even then I didn't know if it would do it, so I stopped.

Thank you!

• Like 1

Thanks so now I'm happy!! :D

I tried jumping through those hoops, and it wanted me to create some page before I could view any content? And even then I didn't know if it would do it, so I stopped.

Yeah, I had wondered why Lincoln placed that on their page. I did not click on it since I figured that was there by Facebook as a placeholder for when the livestream would go live. I didn't realize that clicking on that button would have wanted you to create a page. Sounds like Lincoln placed the wrong button on there as it seems to be for page owner to place that on their page instead of for Lincoln's FB user to see. So I edited my previous comment to remove the comment about seeing it on Lincoln's FB page. I apologize if I caused you any problems.