Lincoln Aviator Will Be Joined By A Second New SUV

14 hours ago, akirby said:

Still the same ENGINE

No. Is not the same engine. Is a plug in hybrid with 50 more HP (that is the power of some compacts from 15 years ago!), and 600 lf of torque. Do you know one european midsize 3 row luxury SUV with that power and cost less than 80000$ ?

2 hours ago, falconlover 1 said:

No. Is not the same engine. Is a plug in hybrid with 50 more HP (that is the power of some compacts from 15 years ago!), and 600 lf of torque. Do you know one european midsize 3 row luxury SUV with that power and cost less than 80000$ ?

The extra HP and Torque come from the transmission, not the engine.

Note that I didn't say it had the same drivetrain, just the same engine.  And I didn't mean it in a negative way, I think it's fantastic.

6 hours ago, chopsui said:

Is anyone able to get the configurator to actually show the other interior color choices on the non-black label? It only shows the light color no matter which color I choose. Black label works fine and I'm able to see all three themes.

The same here. Is a mistake of the congigurator.. only are available the Black Label interior themes.

On 1/23/2019 at 5:37 AM, akirby said:

The extra HP and Torque come from the transmission, not the engine.

Note that I didn't say it had the same drivetrain, just the same engine.  And I didn't mean it in a negative way, I think it's fantastic.

I hope you are wrong.  If the "electric motor" is actually only 50 hp or say even less then 100hp it will not be able to move the Aviator around in electric only at any reasonable pace. I realize 1+1 does not equal 2 when you combine an ICE with electric. But how do we know they are not using the 365 hp version of the 3.0 with say a 150 hp electric motor to come up with the peak of 450 hp?  Also curious as to what the exact difference is between the two 3.0's to cause the 35 hp gap.

1 hour ago, msm859 said:

I hope you are wrong.  If the "electric motor" is actually only 50 hp or say even less then 100hp it will not be able to move the Aviator around in electric only at any reasonable pace. I realize 1+1 does not equal 2 when you combine an ICE with electric. But how do we know they are not using the 365 hp version of the 3.0 with say a 150 hp electric motor to come up with the peak of 450 hp?  Also curious as to what the exact difference is between the two 3.0's to cause the 35 hp gap.

Good grief - all I meant was that ALL Aviators come with a 3.0L twin turbo engine including the base models which is great.

I don't know what the electric motor output is but I do know that Ford isn't going to give you an EV only mode if the electric motor can't handle it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, akirby said:

Good grief - all I meant was that ALL Aviators come with a 3.0L twin turbo engine including the base models which is great.

I don't know what the electric motor output is but I do know that Ford isn't going to give you an EV only mode if the electric motor can't handle it.

Something they have to do, in any case, to qualify as an "electric" in China. It has to be able to function in electric-only mode for 50km, if I remember correctly.