2018 MKZ Incentives assistance

fusionff

man the more I see these things and ride in them with the panoramic moonroof the more I'm seriously considering calling the dealer and changing my order to have one... But I don't want mine to end up at the back of the line. All the salesman and manager at the dealership were surprised I got my VIN so quickly. I placed the order on the 3rd and had a DORA on the 4th. I emailed them on the 17th if they had any new details and apparently I already had a VIN in the system. It's getting closer and I'm starting to get very excited. The dealership here has an agreement with a local detailing shop and I'll be sending it over to have an xPel clear film installed on the front and then paint correction and ceramic coating installed. They are doing exterior and Interior all the glass and the rims. This should make cleaning it super easy and help protect it a little better. We'll see when it gets here I guess.

I initially did a 3 day test drive with a 2017 MKZ, and it had the pano roof. Afterwards,I thought it was a 'Must Have' option when it came time to order.

I am skeptical of the pano roof. I'm scared that it will take a rock or something and shatter. Then how much is it going to cost to have it replaced and will it work right after it's been replaced... I'm just not sure it's worth the money. It's a 1700 dollar option MSRP that I'm not entirely sure is worth it. I might stop by the dealership tomorrow and see if they would let me test drive one for a couple hours to see if I really want it and how badly it would mess up my allocation.

• 2 weeks later...

ugh... I never get notifications. I also found out that I still had my old gmail account tied to the forums LOL. I can't believe I've been lurking here this long. Anyways, it doesn't matter. I found out the car is scheduled to be built and won't be able to change my order. I'd have to cancel and reorder. And I most likely would NOT get an allocation this time around. It's all good. I got all the must haves I wanted on my black label. She's gonna be a nice ride regardless and now just to find out which coating I want and where to get it done at. Ordered the Ultimate Performance intercooler and the GFB Diverter+ already. They will be ready to go once the car arrives Hopefully next month.

Edited by FunktasticLucky