Ford to reveal future product plans on Thursday (Bronco under cover and a baby Bronco!)

There is absolutely zero chance that the small utility is based on a frame. Not even Jeep does that. You'd have no room left for the passengers or the Hybrid batteries.

Mustang is not moving to CD6, that was cancelled quite a few years ago now.

There's already a short wheelbase T6 Ranger for Asian markets so a SWB SUV is entirely doable

You're getting confused with S650, that was cancelled in favor of Mustang switching to CD6

• Like 1

From Detroit News:

"company will shift from specific platforms to build vehicles from "flexible architectures".

Like VW and Toyota are doing. So no more of critics going "dated platform" when it's 3 years old.

Edited by 630land
  • Like 1

well count me as stoked....that Bronco under cover is EXACTLY as my source said it was...very squarish, Im relieved to say the least...and looking at the proportions, even though its under a Toga from a sorority party of legend, the proportions scream 2 door....count me IN....I was worried about disappointment and thinking to settle on a Ranger....

well count me as stoked....that Bronco under cover is EXACTLY as my source said it was...very squarish, Im relieved to say the least...and looking at the proportions, even though its under a Toga from a sorority party of legend, the proportions scream 2 door....count me IN....I was worried about disappointment and thinking to settle on a Ranger....

2-door and 4-door were confirmed today.

Yeah right, Ford doesn't have to give any details about future product.......

Look at the change in attitude in the past 12 hours, lots of interest and positive energy out there now..

I'm a believer again. ;)

It's not going to help sales for the next 12-18 months. The only new product we didn't already know about is the baby bronco.

RMC, I saw that...I LOVE the way 2 doors look, but 4 doors are definitely more user friendly....but to have a choice is EPIC....perhaps the 2 door will be the offroad focussed model?...who knows, cant wait...

I believe I also read Farley said they want to expand the Raptor line, which certainly makes sense. Ranger and Bronco are obvious choices.

Wow, 45 users reading this topic - 17 members and 26 guests - it's been a LONG time since we've had a thread that busy.

• Like 1

"... FWD unibody, RWD unibody, commerical van unibody, body on frame, and battery electric architectures"

So looks like code name CD6 won't be used.

Ford never uses internal platform codes publicly because they don't mean anything. Internally, it's called CD6. Not sure why you're arguing about this one. RWD unibody is CD6.

"... FWD unibody, RWD unibody, commerical van unibody, body on frame, and battery electric architectures"

So looks like code name CD6 won't be used.

It's a Fallacy of logic, the absence of evidence to the contrary does not make your assumption correct.

There may be no actual CD6 name going forward or it could be the overarching engineering cost center,

given some of the info flowing for the past 12 months, I'd say there's a lot more going on behind the scenes

then we've been told today - all the reconfiguring of projects to match what's been announced is another

side of the strategy few outside of the company would know about.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 2

Bob....dont forget Jaguar and specifically Land Rover ( which is doing EXTREMELY well ) kinda sad Ford cant do the same with Lincoln.....

oh really?

I tried to do a model-by-model breakdown of Feb sales for JagLR - hope you can see this

post-15078-0-94478600-1521146106_thumb.jpg

Edited by 2b2
  • Like 1

It's a Fallacy of logic, the absence of evidence to the contrary does not make your assumption correct.

There may be no actual CD6 name going forward or it could be the overarching engineering cost center.

For Pete's sake - it's been called CD6 for at least a couple of years. We've seen if referenced in public documents and by insiders. And they're not changing that.

You people will argue about anything.

I don't see them making 2 different size vehicles on the same T6 platform. I see the smaller 'C' Bronco being a soft roader made to look the part. The 'regular' Bronco will walk the walk.

I hope not! Choices are good! We have far too many 'soft roaders' to choose from already.

That shadowed red tease looks to me like a Ford version of the FJ Cruiser - of course a Ford version will be much more handsome!

RMC...thats what new product does...WHEN its worthy....Ive mentioned before...its been a long time since I have witnessed the hype that surrounds the Bronco....a LONG time.

You mean the Bronco that's still at least 12 - 18 months away from actual production?

They said 2 and 4 door which is what I was told was being considered 2 years ago

Yay accurate sources! :)

• Like 2