Ford to reveal future product plans on Thursday (Bronco under cover and a baby Bronco!)

So I'm wondering if this C-class Bronco they are talking about is actually an upgrade Troller?

That's an interesting theory!

Interesting-I like it.

I do too.

I'm lost as to what vehicle I want now! Haha.

I thought Bronco was it, but then they showed Edge ST, which fixed everything I didn't like about it (the front mainly), then they talked about the Mustang-inspired electric crossover, and now we get a baby Bronco!

They're building the C-segment utility that lost out early in the competing Bronco design phase, plus the actual Bronco.

New and more utilities across the lineup and under both brands... Hackett's first major product directive.

is this perhaps the mysterious rumored 3rd vehicle for MAP?
  • Like 2

The Automobile article notes that nothing was mentioned about the "Focus and Fiesta," which it calls "two cars expected to depart the North American market."

I believe that it meant the Fusion and Fiesta...I thought it was confirmed that we are getting the next-generation Focus. It will just be built in China, instead of Mexico or the U.S.

Or is the Focus now in danger, too?

Edited by grbeck
  • Like 1

http://www.automobilemag.com/news/ford-announces-off-road-suv-below-bronco-new-escape-and-explorer/

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/ford/2018/03/15/ford-plans-trucks-suvs-hybrids/32962275/

sorry but when they said the Escape was all new for MY2012 and the Explorer was MY2013 I stopped reading.

When did fact checking cease to exist?

• Like 2

The Automobile article notes that nothing was mentioned about the "Focus and Fiesta," which it calls "two cars expected to depart the North American market."

I believe that it meant the Fusion...I thought it was confirmed that we are getting the next-generation Focus. It will just be built in China, instead of Mexico or the U.S.

Or is the Focus now in danger, too?

I don't think it will be- Robert posted on Facebook back in December showing the Ford car lineup with just the Focus and Mustang on it....I guess he got tipped off.

Edited by silvrsvt

Wow! I'm super stoked about the Bronco and Bronco Jr (Bronco II??) now!

Yeah it just threw a monkey wrench into my plans-still leaning towards the bigger of the two-and looks retro too

I wonder what the Bronco Jr real name will be- Bronco II doesn't have the best history behind it-even though it eventually became the Explorer! :)

Yeah it just threw a monkey wrench into my plans-still leaning towards the bigger of the two-and looks retro too

I wonder what the Bronco Jr real name will be- Bronco II doesn't have the best history behind it-even though it eventually became the Explorer! :)

I doubt it will be Bronco II, but you never know. I didn't have the best history (I had one...POS really), but most of the target market wasn't even born when it was turned into the Explorer. :)

So is this new C segment SUV body on frame? Whereas the Escape will be new FWD/AWD architecture I assume.

I doubt it will be body on frame. Likely based on the Escape platform would be my guess.

Me too.

Me, too but that doesn’t preclude them from adding some back later.

If you think about it, killing Fusion and importing Focus frees up factory space in Mexico for the new C platform vehicles and the BEV(s). Now you can direct all resources to launching the new vehicles and new platforms over the next 2 years.

However, I’m not convinced the “only 2 cars” would include Lincoln because that would mean NO Lincoln cars and that doesn’t seem plausible. You could at least do a CD6 sedan and 2 door coupe/convertible (think Audi A4). Or maybe those are coming after 2020.

OK, here's the big kicker. Farley said that Trucks and SUVs will make up 90 Percent of Ford's North American volume by 2020. Right now Cars make up 22% of their business as of February. We know Mustang is staying but does this mean the rest are gone, including Taurus/Fusion/Fiesta? They didn't talk about it but the only new sedan on tap is the NG Ford Focus.

Edited by Assimilator

If it was conceived as a Bronco then it was BOF at one time. And if they’re really keeping the off road capability I think it would still be on the same T6 platform. I don’t think you can make a good off-roader off the Escape platform.

• Like 1

If it was conceived as a Bronco then it was BOF at one time. And if theyre really keeping the off road capability I think it would still be on the same T6 platform. I dont think you can make a good off-roader off the Escape platform.

thats why I was thinking its the rumored 3rd vehicle for MAP.

Fusions going no where....Ford needs a midsize sedan, to remove ones self from a basic meat and potatoes segment would be a stupid a move as putting all ones eggs in the SUV/ Truck market.....DOH! ( previously that was right before gas prices went through the ceiling...but they should have learnt from that mistake, irrespective of what sort of mileage they can eeek out of a hybrid drivetrain, a sedans aero will always be superior in that regard )

• Like 2

Looks like it. Still good news though and that Bronco teaser! Wow. By the way, I now have to stand corrected with what I had previously been saying that Ford needed to share details of their products the next two years. You had said they should only announce when needed or when close to reveals of the said projects. I now agree with you. Hackett's presentation was fantastic from what I read and now gives me hope for Ford and Lincoln's futures. They mentioned TWO new SUVs of Lincoln to be shown at NY next week. Aviator is a given but I'm curious what else since Nautilus and MKC were already shown. The fact that architectures were finally confirmed which more details will be discussed later on. I'm confident that stocks will now go up and be better. So I wanted to say publically that you were right and I was wrong in our discussions here.

The only big surprises were the baby bronco and killing Fusion outright at least in the short term. We already knew everything else either by reading between the lines or from insider info.

• Like 1