Ford to reveal future product plans on Thursday (Bronco under cover and a baby Bronco!)

Lincoln will probably go to one sedan, probably CD6 which will be the only CD6 sedan, and probably still be called a Continental. Didn't another thread here say the Conti could have suicide doors in a couple of years? I doubt they'd do it to the current one, so maybe a CD6.

I think hell will freeze over before you see a Lincoln coupe, so any car would be a sedan.

I’m still not sure what they said applies to Lincoln. If they don’t do a Lincoln sedan or coupe and they cancel Continental then FRAP would only have Mustang.

What is throwing me off is the 90% SUV/truck comment. Ford sold 2.6 million in the US last year; 10% of that is 260,000, which is basically Mustang and Focus combined. Hopefully Farley is exaggerating that percentage.

I think hell will freeze over before you see a Lincoln coupe, so any car would be a sedan.

The Lincstang has been confirmed to be in the works by a couple of different insiders. Whether it survived the latest re-shuffle I’m not sure. But it doesn’t make sense to have a short CD6 chassis or Mustang and not use it for another vehicle.

• Like 1

I think the other shoe dropped for Fusion today...

I don't, I think Mach 1 is basically a reimagined Fusion.

Wow, a lot of stuff to digest.

This was the only thing that caught me off guard:

Fundamentally different than the Wrangler? Two-lane trails? That does not sound very rugged like many were expecting. I almost sounds like they are starting to temper expectations of this being a Wrangler competitor and more of a everyday fun vehicle that you can go camping with. I just hope we don't end up with another FJ Cruiser.

Otherwise, bring it on Ford!

As Kev-Mo said, I see it as meaning it follows more of a Raptor path than a rock climbing path.

"Following a strategy of vehicles that are comfortable at high speeds, in the sand and on two-lane trails"

What I hear: Engineered more on the side of a Raptor than a Wrangler. If I hear that correctly, there will be no disappointment!

This

@mustang....Fusions going no where...I dont care how goo they get the SUV/CUVs mileage...Ford learnt a lesson last time they put all their eggs in the SUV market...the Fusion is their meat and potatoes for the crowd that DONT want an SUV/ CUV...I truly doubt they will ignore that market....the Mach 1 ( noted to be sleek ) may just be code for the Fusiopns ultimate replacement in hybrid/ BEV and full electric form.

Agreed. They'd be downright stupid to drop all the sedans again. I agree about the Mach 1 - I think it's Fusion's reimagining. I could see it riding a bit higher so it's a "crossover" still in the mold of a sedan-ish hatch.

gut tells me Lincoln will have a hot rod coupe ( MKR ) utilizing CD6....Lincoln needs some excitement in their lineup as well....right now the hot ticket is the Navigator, so they got something right....I actually like their lineup but its handsome...they need WOW.

I agree completely. I still think one is in the works, and that MKZ/Conti will live on on CD6. Definitely agree about the excitement. As you said, their products are very handsome, but they need some sizzle. The Navigator is definitely their interior standard going forward. Hopefully the Aviator gets a bit more exciting.

• Like 1

How can a battery electric vehicle that is somewhere between a small utility (what was originally planned) and a Mustang like performance vehicle (latest plan) be a “reimagined Fusion”?

Fusion on stilts basically.

Farley's own comments said it's low and sleek, which don't describe a crossover at all.

my fingers are crossed, but Fords made the mistake of thinking the futures all trucks and SUVs before, I hope they learnt their lesson.....sidebar, I have seen a few Tesla 3s on the road as of late...nice lookin / sized sedan..... but LOTS of issues....

The Lincstang has been confirmed to be in the works by a couple of different insiders. Whether it survived the latest re-shuffle I’m not sure. But it doesn’t make sense to have a short CD6 chassis or Mustang and not use it for another vehicle.

That's why I think it will be a four door coupe like car. I don't think it will be a two door. The rear hinged rear doors would be a killer look for Lincoln.

• Like 1

From your own quote:

I called up my Ford P.R.

Who? If you actually worked in PR, you don't confirm or deny any information unless its officially cleared.

Its just like people calling Lincoln and asking about the Conti getting killed off.

Like I said, its unsubstantiated information-just like other idiots saying they are insiders and their info being completely wrong.

for those mentioning that its just a clay model, you really think Ford would release this and then have the production model look completely different?.....um...no...this was most likely teased to garner reaction, and Im quite sure Fords brass is well aware of any fans blogs etc that echo their desires.....I have heard they have been back to the drawing boards a couple of times ( one was due to too many Jeep similarities ) but gut tells me this "clay" models close to what the final product will look like. As for the underpinnings...my bet is they have seen a few hundred thousand test miles under various top hats.....

"Following a strategy of vehicles that are comfortable at high speeds, in the sand and on two-lane trails"

What I hear: Engineered more on the side of a Raptor than a Wrangler. If I hear that correctly, there will be no disappointment!

Farley also added this:

"Farley said Ford was looking to target brands such as Jeep and Land Rover but with a different customer in mind.

"Both of these vehicles are for a growing group of people who want to simplify their life and get out there with their family and friends," he said. "For Jeep, that's rock-crawling in Moab. For Ford, our people want true off-road vehicles that are comfortable at high speeds. They don't want SUVs that look like doomsday vehicles or have spartan, government-issued interiors."

Farley also added this:

"Farley said Ford was looking to target brands such as Jeep and Land Rover but with a different customer in mind.

"Both of these vehicles are for a growing group of people who want to simplify their life and get out there with their family and friends," he said. "For Jeep, that's rock-crawling in Moab. For Ford, our people want true off-road vehicles that are comfortable at high speeds. They don't want SUVs that look like doomsday vehicles or have spartan, government-issued interiors."

Good. Sounds like Bronco is exactly along the lines of what I'm wanting - a kind of Wrangler-esque look, with a nicer interior/features.

• Like 1