Ford to reveal future product plans on Thursday (Bronco under cover and a baby Bronco!)

Remember the old adage, buy on rumor, sell on news.

In other words, tomorrow Ford's stock price will crash.

Yep, I'm thinking the same thing may happen. I would sell and try to beat it, but I'm in it for the long haul and am not experienced enough to play the games to try to beat the system.

• Like 1

Yep, I'm thinking the same thing may happen. I would sell and try to beat it, but I'm in it for the long haul and am not experienced enough to play the games to try to beat the system.

When you try to beat the system, remember the Vegas mantra:

The house always wins.

• Like 3

I truly wish they'd reduce the reveal to production timeline. The whole release it in November-January and it arrives maybe by the end of the year thing is getting old.

This seems about right, though I don't expect them to lay everything out like that. Definitely don't expect them to show pictures of anything, aside from things that have already been shown (Ranger Raptor for example).

Agreed. I fully expect to be underwhelmed. We'll get some news, though it's likely stuff we already know about. So, underwhelmed in the sense of it won't be as informative to us as we'd like, but it will concretely confirm a few things that we've speculated about.

I think it'll again be a broad stroke thing, with few specifics, but a few more than previously mentioned. I mean, you can't have Bill Ford talking about being concerned about how they said too much, and then at the same time revealing the whole product plan for the next two years.

My thoughts exactly, a re-hash of what we have already been told with updates on where they are with projects.

Maybe some color on products coming inside the next 12 mnths, I wouldn't expect anything on Explorer/Aviator

yet as that will probably be for NAIAS late this year..

There's nothing wrong with broad brushing but for god's sake, someone tell Hackett how to make it interesting,

he's as compelling as an encyclopedia salesman....

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

My thoughts exactly, a re-hash of what we have already been told with updates on where they are with projects.

Maybe some color on products coming inside the next 12 mnths, I wouldn't expect anything on Explorer/Aviator

yet as that will probably be for NAIAS late this year..

There's nothing wrong with broad brushing but for god's sake, someone tell Hackett how to make it interesting,

he's as compelling as an encyclopedia salesman....

Hell, Hackett's CES talk sounded like he was reading the encyclopedia...

---

Yup, you and I are on the same page. I think we'll get more info on Bronco (an actual timeline of some sort), and confirmation of a next gen Explorer coming. Aviator's being included in this announcement, I'm not sure about - I could see them "hiding" any Aviator news, and just confirming a next gen Explorer, while going for the "surprise" at NY of Aviator with its concept and not wanting to steal its thunder today (on the flip side, mentioning it now could build buzz for it). Aside from that, and mentioning next-gen Escape, I don't expect much.

Ford has already done the Bill Ford Jr. as CEO bit. The board probably wouldnt approve it and hes said in the time after Mullaly took over he didnt really want the job anyway.

Yeah, I know Bill Ford was a CEO at one time from the time they fired Jac Nasser to when Alan Mullaly was hired. But I thought that since Bill Ford as Executive Chairman and being still involved as much as saying he regretted saying too much, that he'd be interested as an Interim-basis as CEO until they took their time finding a good one to come in. But I was not aware that he was not interested in the job this time around.

I do like the idea of a Powerpoint presentation with timeline showing when what will come out on a month of each year basis. I doubt it but would be nice to have some kind of visual appeal to it. I'm thinking he'll probably just sit on a chair and just speak as if he's reading a book like at CES.

• Like 1

I do like the idea of a Powerpoint presentation with timeline showing when what will come out on a month of each year basis. I doubt it but would be nice to have some kind of visual appeal to it. I'm thinking he'll probably just sit on a chair and just speak as if he's reading a book like at CES.

That is the LAST thing any CEO should be presenting. There are SO many variables that can change the launch date of a vehicle that far in advance. They even get into trouble saying a season (late spring, early summer, etc.). They should probably stick to calendar years and first half, second half.

That is the LAST thing any CEO should be presenting. There are SO many variables that can change the launch date of a vehicle that far in advance. They even get into trouble saying a season (late spring, early summer, etc.). They should probably stick to calendar years and first half, second half.

As irritating as it can be, I agree. Stick to half years. The absolute most specific they should get us quarterly but that should be reserved for closer to launch.

Late 2018 was perfect for Ranger (except they messed up by saying it almost 2 years in advance) but Coming Soon like they did for Mach 1 and Bronco is absolutely unacceptable.

• Like 1

I just want to hear information on a plug in hybrid Aviator. Presently have the Explorer Platinum which is very nice, but told my wife her next car would be a plug in hybrid.

Thats not what tomorrows presentation is about. Youre going to have to wait until the official reveal for that.

Edit: whats up with the board not acknowledging apostrophes and quotations lately?

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

The stock market likes the fact that Ford is going to talk about it...at least so far today.

Lets see what happens Thursday. My gut tells me they wont be happy. They know all the rumors as much as anyone in this board will admit. They want specifics and this whole thing is to appease Wall Street.

Does anyone know the time that this meeting will take place? How soon after the meeting ends would the info get out? The meeting invitation that someone posted here that they received said phones are to be left in the car or a sticker would be placed on cameras on the phones. I noticed the dates for the invite this person received were listed for next week though. I'm guessing the attendees for tomorrow would have to sign confidentiality agreements. If someone attended tomorrow's meeting is a member here, likely info would not be allowed to be shared here. I'm just wondering because I want to know what is talked about tomorrow as much as anyone else here.

• Like 1

They will see all product that Ford will be launching in the next 24 months, basically if design hard points have been signed off on it will be shown. No cameras are allowed, remember if the people at this meeting take and leak photos and have traded stock it would be classified as insider trading.

• Like 2

Rumors are the Continental will be dropped. Folks scoffed several years ago. when I posted a TTAC article stating the CD4 Taurus wouldn't be sold in the U.S.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2018/03/death-comes-lincoln-continental/

Well Saturday's WSJ had a Dan Neil story with the headline..."2018 Volvo S90 T8: Lincolns Don't Come Close".

Story goes on to cover the sale to Geely for 1.8 billion-4.7 less than the price paid for Volvo 11 years earlier. Neil then highlights great success Geely is having-after spending 11 billion on the brand. Last year world sales of 571,577 cars -up 53% from 2010, while Lincoln sales tank.

He then lays the blame on Wall Street as Ford management refused to spend the money needed on Lincoln.."as investors won't support them". He goes on..."Instead Ford is content to glam up mass market Ford products and call them Lincolns"

While he raves about the S90, the price as tested was $82,140. Quite a bit more than a loaded Continental?

His closing line....."Ford coulda, shoulda, but wouldn't"

Buy Ford stock! That's what Adam Jonas, Morgan Stanley auto analyst, has just said. Jonas has been one of Ford's biggest critics and has now done an about-face regarding the company. While I trust analysts as far as I can throw them, this is significant. Jonas's opinion carries a lot of weight.

http://www.autonews.com/article/20180314/OEM02/180319846/ford-analyst-stock-rising-hackettt-restructuring

Edited by mackinaw
  • Like 2

Agreed. I fully expect to be underwhelmed. We'll get some news, though it's likely stuff we already know about. So, underwhelmed in the sense of it won't be as informative to us as we'd like, but it will concretely confirm a few things that we've speculated about.

I think it'll again be a broad stroke thing, with few specifics, but a few more than previously mentioned. I mean, you can't have Bill Ford talking about being concerned about how they said too much, and then at the same time revealing the whole product plan for the next two years.

I get what your saying but dont you think that as Ford enthusiasts we have higher expectations than joe public. I recently had a conversation with a couple of different people that are not enthusiasts, and who dont know that I am, who brought up the Bronco. They thought it was cool that Ford would have it again, however they didnt say a word about how long it is taking to come to market. My point is the average person isnt scrubbing the internet or hitting up sources to find tidbits of information about upcomg vehicles like an enthusiast. They have much more patience than we do.

Now if Ford would hurry up already with the Bronco!!

• Like 2

This is from the Ford Authority blog today:

Sad is the day when the world loses a fine luxury sedan. And in this case, that luxury sedan is the Lincoln Continental.

According to sources intricately familiar with Ford Motor Company’s future product plans for its premium Lincoln brand, the Lincoln Continental will be discontinued after production of the current, tenth-generation model comes to an end. The sources spoke to us on the condition of anonymity, and we were unable to find out specific reasons why FoMoCo is pulling the plug on the model. We were, however, told that FoMoCo invested over $1 billion to bring the present Continental to market after discontinuing the nameplate in 2002.

Read more: http://fordauthority.com/2018/03/lincoln-continental-to-be-discontinued-after-current-generation/#ixzz59n9WhNZN

​Is it true :(:nonono: ?.

Edited by usa_4004

If it's anythng like MKT, it will probably hang around until 2029.

Edit,

I doubt very much that Continental cost $1 billion to deliver when it's a close share with the CD4 Taurus developed by FAPA

is this Hackett trying to bundle up the entire CD4.3 project as a giant fail and a way to write down the costs early?

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 2