Custom Search

2019 Lincoln Aviator Introduced Here !

Welcome to Blue Oval Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Blue Oval Forums.  You must first register to create topics and post replies. Registration is a quick and easy process and only takes a minute.  Be apart of Blue Oval Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images
  • Use the Shout feature and more. . .
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Replacing the suspension on a 2008

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Namaac

Namaac

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 12-March 18
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2008 Lincoln MKZ

Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:09 PM

The handling on my mkz has always been smooth for the most part (knock on wood). But now I’m hearing a noise coming from underneath it just about every time I tap or hit the brakes. So I took it to the shop for an inspection and sure enough there was a problem. The mechanic told me the suspension components were pretty much shot and that’s why I was getting all the noise and that I need to seriously consider replacing my front struts and rear shocks. Which I was somewhat hesitant because I thought it was going to be a rather costly expense until I started searching online for parts. I figure I’d save myself a little extra cash in addition to the cost of labor. While searching ebay I found a seller called apx auto parts. It seems they specialize in suspension parts. And they have what I need in stock http://apxautoparts....e-warranty.html. But I still have some time to think it over. Any advice?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   fordtech1

fordtech1

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,741 posts
  • Joined 31-December 06
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Ford Fusion SEL, 2007 Volvo C70, 2006 Mercury Mariner Hybrid, 2005 Ford Focus

Posted 12 March 2018 - 05:53 PM

I strongly recommend not replacing struts unless you have experience. The springs have to be compressed to remove the strut. I had a customer about kill himself. He took the nut off the strut bearing without compressing it with proper tools. You can take the assembly out and reinstall it but when it comes to swapping the spring, have a shop do it. Other option is to get a loaded strut where the springs are already on the strut. Keep in mind, sometimes that can change ride height until they settle.

#3 OFFLINE   ajcomputer

ajcomputer

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
  • Joined 29-May 12
  • Current Vehicle:2001 F-350, 2013 Focus ST

Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:53 PM

Just checked, Rock Auto has loaded Motorcraft struts available for this car.

Edit: Not sure how to post links with my phone, just look for strut/spring/mount assembly.

Edited by ajcomputer, 12 March 2018 - 06:56 PM.

#4 ONLINE   fuzzymoomoo

fuzzymoomoo

Blue Oval Enthusiast

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,173 posts
  • Joined 18-February 14
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2008 Focus, 2018 Fusion

Posted 12 March 2018 - 07:06 PM

Rockauto is awesome, and if anything comes damaged their exchange policy is great.

They might even have a package deal so you can get everything you need in one order at an even cheaper price
Officially a disgruntled Ford Employee

#5 OFFLINE   twintornados

twintornados

Ford fan for a long, long time.

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,792 posts
  • Joined 16-February 10
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Lincoln MKC Reserve

Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:51 AM

Rear shocks on first gen Fusion/MKZ are a royal pain in the butt to change...

Edited by twintornados, 13 March 2018 - 10:51 AM.

Does anyone know where the love of god goes, when the waves turn the minutes to hours....Gordon Lightfoot, "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service | DMCA ·