2014 Fusion Horn Replacement

rp2388

Hey Everyone. The horn on my 2014 Fusion Ti no longer performs the way it should and only gives out a wimpy high pitch sound. So I bought a new assembly to replace it. My question is: how do I get to the horn to replace it?

I know it's located around the wheel well on the front driver side but I'm not sure if it's just a matter of taking the tire and well cover off or if there's more to it. Has anyone had to do this yet? Looking at the new assembly seems the install is pretty easy once I get to it (just bolt it on and snap in the harness) but I could use some help getting to it.

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

You need to take the cover between the bumper cover and subframe off. Its pretty accessable. Off the top of my head I cant remember if all the fasteners are T30 torx or if there are a couple 7 and 8 mms in there.

I found it was easier to just take the bumper off and there it was just under the headlight assembly. The whole assembly is just held in place with a 8mm screw and the replacement is easy. Took only about 15 minutes.