Blaney on the pole at Vegas

blksn8k2

So much for the Fords being at a disadvantage on the mile and a half tracks. Blaney, Harvick and Kurt Busch qualified 1, 2 & 3 with Ford taking eight of the top twelve spots. All three Penske cars, three out of the four SHR cars, the Wood Brothers car and one Roush car all made it to the final round.

So much for the Fords being at a disadvantage on the mile and a half tracks. Blaney, Harvick and Kurt Busch qualified 1, 2 & 3 with Ford taking eight of the top twelve spots. All three Penske cars, three out of the four SHR cars, the Wood Brothers car and one Roush car all made it to the final round.

I say give it time. I think the Toyotas are sand bagging, like last year when they started winning in the latter half of the season. Especially after Brad complained Fords would be at a disadvantage against the Toyotas with the new front end and the Chevy Camaros. The surprise is the Camaros aren't more competitive. Dirty Dillon didn't deserve to win Daytona.

Restrictor plate wreaking is not racing. I'm glad they are at other tracks now.

It looked like the only Ford that had anything for the two best Toyotas (Busch and Truex) during the Vegas race was Harvick. Once Larson and his team figure out the new Camaro body they will be the team to beat. He was competitive at Vegas based on sheer driving talent. Overall though I would say no one brand has a major advantage right now. Harvick has been in a class of his own the past two races and could be at Phoenix as well.

Restrictor plate wreaking is not racing. I'm glad they are at other tracks now.

It looked like the only Ford that had anything for the two best Toyotas (Busch and Truex) during the Vegas race was Harvick. Once Larson and his team figure out the new Camaro body they will be the team to beat. He was competitive at Vegas based on sheer driving talent. Overall though I would say no one brand has a major advantage right now. Harvick has been in a class of his own the past two races and could be at Phoenix as well.

The big complaint from Chase Elliott now was that Harvick had his rear glass extended different during the race which could have been an advantage. Now the NASCAR evening cable show with Kyle Petty has a special edition with liberal mouth Earnhardt throwing in his opinions. When will that guy ever go away?

Harvick's crew chief said the brace that supports the back window failed. Now whether or not it was designed to fail is another story but you can bet NASCAR will amend the rule book to make sure it doesn't happen again. I also heard one of the talking heads say that it didn't fail until after the 1st stage was over and Harvick dominated the 1st stage as well. Regardless of what the crybabies say he probably would have won the race anyway. I wonder how they won Atlanta without that special aero assist? Must have cheated on something else. Harvick also said that no one ever heard anybody at SHR complaining about the 'Yotas or saying that Ford was at an aero disadvantage. That was only coming from Team Penske and Keselowski.

• Like 1

Harvick's crew chief said the brace that supports the back window failed. Now whether or not it was designed to fail is another story but you can bet NASCAR will amend the rule book to make sure it doesn't happen again. I also heard one of the talking heads say that it didn't fail until after the 1st stage was over and Harvick dominated the 1st stage as well. Regardless of what the crybabies say he probably would have won the race anyway. I wonder how they won Atlanta without that special aero assist? Must have cheated on something else. Harvick also said that no one ever heard anybody at SHR complaining about the 'Yotas or saying that Ford was at an aero disadvantage. That was only coming from Team Penske and Keselowski.

Just read Harvick failed post inspection. Rear window and using steel side support bar instead of aluminum..which was changed recently by NASCAR. HE LOSES 20 points....but keeps the win.

Heres one hell of a trivia question for you guys

Who is the only NASCAR driver to ever make at least one start in the cup series in every make entered in the modern era?

-Chevy

-Ford

-Dodge

-Toyota

-Pontiac

-Buick

-Mercury

-Chrysler

-Oldsmobile

The answer surprised me

Heres one hell of a trivia question for you guys

Who is the only NASCAR driver to ever make at least one start in the cup series in every make entered in the modern era?

-Chevy

-Ford

-Dodge

-Toyota

-Pontiac

-Buick

-Mercury

-Chrysler

-Oldsmobile

The answer surprised me

Bill Elliott....