Police Canine (Shep) Chases Criminal

bdegrand

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/26/body-camera-video-shows-florida-deputy-k9-split-up-to-catch-suspects.html

I watch Live PD on weekends and Shep, the police German Shepherd, is often seen hunting down suspects who run and hide. If you watch this video Shep is let loose (no leash or officer) to go after this guy running. I personally think the officer was WRONG sending skinny Shep( you can see his rib cage) weighing less than 80 lbs (est)....after this large guy. The guy could have had a gun or knife....and obviously dragged Shep quite a distance. The officer's intent was good, but sending a dog loose in the woods was wrong and should have waited for backup. Any thoughts?

Love watching Live PD. Shep is fantastic. Love it when he was standing on that woman's back, where she was hiding.

As for the ribs, he is kept lean. He has to jump over fences, and get helped over fences. Keeping him lean helps his joints in the long run, also. I do the same with my Rottweiler. GS dogs are known for joint problems, just like Rotties.

I'm doing good. Just haven't been very active on forums anymore. Frankly, I don't find much that is really interesting in the automotive front anymore. As they start to go autonomous, it will get downright boring.

Haven't gotten to it yet. I'm just trying to get caught up. :)

I'm doing good. Just haven't been very active on forums anymore. Frankly, I don't find much that is really interesting in the automotive front anymore. As they start to go autonomous, it will get downright boring.

Haven't gotten to it yet. I'm just trying to get caught up. :)

Welcome back!

• 6 months later...