New Facebook Pages

Ford Mach E

Ford Thunder

• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
bdegrand

Police Canine (Shep) Chases Criminal

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/26/body-camera-video-shows-florida-deputy-k9-split-up-to-catch-suspects.html

I watch Live PD on weekends and Shep, the police German Shepherd, is often seen hunting down suspects who run and hide. If you watch this video Shep is let loose (no leash or officer) to go after this guy running. I personally think the officer was WRONG sending skinny Shep( you can see his rib cage) weighing less than 80 lbs (est)....after this large guy. The guy could have had a gun or knife....and obviously dragged Shep quite a distance. The officer's intent was good, but sending a dog loose in the woods was wrong and should have waited for backup. Any thoughts?

That’s literally the dog’s job to go after bad guys like that. He did exactly what he was trained for. Danger is part of the job.

Good dog!

Way to be Shep! While it sucks to see a dog have to go into a situation like that, like officers, they are trained to go after criminals regardless of what the criminal may have. Kudos to Shep and the officer, and I hope they both got a nice big steak after that!

Shep is his back up...good doggie!!

Love watching Live PD. Shep is fantastic. Love it when he was standing on that woman's back, where she was hiding.

As for the ribs, he is kept lean. He has to jump over fences, and get helped over fences. Keeping him lean helps his joints in the long run, also. I do the same with my Rottweiler. GS dogs are known for joint problems, just like Rotties.

Gloria!!! How ya doin'?

Surprised you haven't weighed in on the Explorer to CD6 conversations.

I'm doing good. Just haven't been very active on forums anymore. Frankly, I don't find much that is really interesting in the automotive front anymore. As they start to go autonomous, it will get downright boring.

Haven't gotten to it yet. I'm just trying to get caught up. :)

I'm doing good. Just haven't been very active on forums anymore. Frankly, I don't find much that is really interesting in the automotive front anymore. As they start to go autonomous, it will get downright boring.

Haven't gotten to it yet. I'm just trying to get caught up. :)

Welcome back!

Thanks !!! It is a good distraction from following dog rescues. LOL My passions................... cars / trucks and dogs.

Fur missile!!!!!