Raj Nair Leaves Ford

Will he lose his $5 million retention bonus that was vested until 2020?

Maybe there's a few skeletons in the closet at Ford, I wonder if this is why Hackett was chosen over the internal front runners....

A good time to offer Mark Reuss a once in a lifetime opportunity?

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

Who is Mark Reuss? Interesting turn of events. Sounds like Ford did the right thing with terminating Nair because that behavior should not be tolerated.

A stirpot from me,

Mark Reuss is a long term GM Engineering manager who has risen through the ranks but overlooked as CEO in favor of Mary Barra

Whatever Nair did, it was bad enough in the current social climate to have zero tolerance regarding inappropriate behaviour.

This is Ford sending a message regarding workplace standards and that no senior VPs are immune for disciplinary action.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

What are the facts???..until then i have no cares let alone put any validity to what inapproriate behavior means..i have seen way to many guys walked out of the evil empire because they refused a sexual advance by a female....may be the guy is a bastard but i do not really see anything in regards to facts here...prolly a setup by some scum wanting his job..i have seen that take place within the evil empire as well...

It doesn't matter, he's gone and he didn't bother to fight whatever was the cause

In the statement, Nair, 53, said, "I sincerely regret that there have been instances where I have not exhibited leadership behaviors consistent with the principles that the Company and I have always espoused. I continue to have the utmost faith in the people of Ford Motor Company and wish them continued success in the future."
Edited by jpd80

You don’t voluntarily resign and apologize if you did nothing wrong.

It’s unbelievable to me that so much of this crap was going on with so many high level executives. I’ve seen a few cases in our corporation but they’re fairly isolated.

I’m glad people are speaking up finally. Should have happened a long time ago.

• Like 4

A stirpot from me,

Mark Reuss is a long term GM Engineering manager who has risen through the ranks but overlooked as CEO in favor of Mary Barra

Whatever Nair did, it was bad enough in the current social climate to have zero tolerance regarding inappropriate behaviour.

This is Ford sending a message regarding workplace standards and that no senior VPs are immune for disciplinary action.

Mark is a product guy, I don't think he wanted the job.

You don’t voluntarily resign and apologize if you did nothing wrong.

It’s unbelievable to me that so much of this crap was going on with so many high level executives. I’ve seen a few cases in our corporation but they’re fairly isolated.

I’m glad people are speaking up finally. Should have happened a long time ago.

Power is power and sometimes to goes to people's head.

I was wondering when it starts hitting the corporations or Wall St.

But I'm betting Wall St has enough money to settle out of court and non-disclosure.

I had a few people in traffic show "inappropriate" behavior, I taught them a few lesson...some got to test out their ABS when I slammed my brakes in front of them or cut them off...yes, "inappropriate"... BTW has anyone noticed most of these people that get blamed for "inappropriate" behavior are ugly as sin? Honestly, I saw this guys pic, I wouldn't even F--K him with my best friend D--K...and shes a female.....

well, at least there was an actual investigation....too often I am seeing the Guilty before being proven Innocent, and people being judged even though they are proclaiming their innocence.....

This is a concern of mine. If the person is guilty then they should go down, but many of the situations going on today look like witch hunts with little or no investigation. A mere accusation can ruin people now.

I had a few people in traffic show "inappropriate" behavior, I taught them a few lesson...some got to test out their ABS when I slammed my brakes in front of them or cut them off...yes, "inappropriate"... BTW has anyone noticed most of these people that get blamed for "inappropriate" behavior are ugly as sin? Honestly, I saw this guys pic, I wouldn't even F--K him with my best friend D--K...and shes a female.....

You make a valid observation about the accused, lol.

This is a concern of mine. If the person is guilty then they should go down, but many of the situations going on today look like witch hunts with little or no investigation. A mere accusation can ruin people now.

Most companies don't have any choice but to fire the accused in order to avoid bad publicity. In today's America, you're guilty until proven innocent. This is how insane our society has become.

Although, sexual cases are the most often in the news, it does not say what he did yet. (or at least I didn't see anything about it). He could have used a corporate account to buy himself things or taken a bribe or used drugs at work for all we know.

True but there are typically only two things that get you suspended and then fired that quickly for code of conduct violations.

Credit card fraud (not likely given his salary) and sexual harassment. Given the current climate I’d say the latter is most likely but you’re correct that it could be something else.

I don’t think this is a witch hunt however. Almost every case I’ve heard about there was ample evidence in texts or emails and the perpetrator confessed. I think this is simply much more widespread than we thought.

• Like 2