New 2018 F150 XLT Supercab - 3.5LEB

tbone

Well its about time! Unless I missed it in another thread, shame on me. Congrats on the new ride. Its a nice looking truck. I like that color. Which motor did you pick?

I would have preferred the 2.7T but Supercab XLTs are fairly rare compared to supercrews especially when you’ve already decided on a color. After looking for a couple of months with no success I had decided to order one, but then I decided to look again and found this one in stock with the 3.5L Ecoboost. It also had a 36 gallon fuel tank and Navigation and tow package which I would not have ordered but don’t mind having. The only thing I wanted but couldn’t get was the tailgate step.

That engine is a beast and the 10 speed tranny is amazing. So fun to drive and love being back in a truck after 19 years.

• Like 3

To be honest, I just put the card in the pump and mama pays the bill, so I have no idea how much I actually spend on gas. But since I work from home I’m only driving 6K-7K per year. Right now gas is around $2.50/gal.

Geez louise. If you run it too low, you'l get the joy of having to deal with the per-charge limit at the pump...

I would have preferred the 2.7T but Supercab XLTs are fairly rare compared to supercrews especially when youve already decided on a color. After looking for a couple of months with no success I had decided to order one, but then I decided to look again and found this one in stock with the 3.5L Ecoboost. It also had a 36 gallon fuel tank and Navigation and tow package which I would not have ordered but dont mind having. The only thing I wanted but couldnt get was the tailgate step.

That engine is a beast and the 10 speed tranny is amazing. So fun to drive and love being back in a truck after 19 years.

It really is a great engine trans combo. Its very strong and the 10 speed has an interesting sensation when rowing through the gears.

LoYou made me lol about filling it up. Some gas stations around here have a monetary limit where you cant even fill it all the way up.

Its too bad it didnt have the tailgate step, as it is such a useful option. I wouldnt order a truck without it now because my knees appreciate it so much.

I have been without a truck a few times in my driving life and I was always ecstatic when I got back into a truck, so I know that feeling.

Welcome back to the truck world!

• Like 1

It really is a great engine trans combo. Its very strong and the 10 speed has an interesting sensation when rowing through the gears.

LoYou made me lol about filling it up. Some gas stations around here have a monetary limit where you cant even fill it all the way up.

Its too bad it didnt have the tailgate step, as it is such a useful option. I wouldnt order a truck without it now because my knees appreciate it so much.

I have been without a truck a few times in my driving life and I was always ecstatic when I got back into a truck, so I know that feeling.

Welcome back to the truck world!

You guys are lucky you don't have to buy diesel at $0.50/gallon higher than gas! :rant2:

You guys are unlucky because you don't drive a diesel. :shift:

Yes, the tailgate step is wonderful! I didn't think I would use it that much, but it's used a LOT! Of course, with that little 2WD F150, it's like driving a car anyway. :hysterical:

I would have preferred the 2.7T but Supercab XLTs are fairly rare compared to supercrews especially when you’ve already decided on a color. After looking for a couple of months with no success I had decided to order one, but then I decided to look again and found this one in stock with the 3.5L Ecoboost. It also had a 36 gallon fuel tank and Navigation and tow package which I would not have ordered but don’t mind having. The only thing I wanted but couldn’t get was the tailgate step.

Are they not putting ecoboost badges on F150s anymore? When I first saw your pics, I assumed it was the 5.0.

Is there a shortage of upper trim F-150's? I've been wanting to have a good look at a Limited, but my dealer hasn't had even 1 on the lot. I did a search and none within 100 miles. Platinum aren't very plentiful either.

I found 47 Limiteds within 100 miles of Atlanta. Probably just depends on the dealer and what they think they can sell.