Tire pressure sensor fault

HarryTitus

Hi All!

Hey, I've been driving my new 2017 King Ranch F250 now for 6 months. Have not had anything wrong with it until this week. It was a 20 degree snowy day and suddenly the tire pressure light dings on! At first I thought I was having a flat, so I switched over to the tire pressure screen and saw that it wasn't a low tire at all! The left front wheel showed no output at all, just 3 little dashes, as if the sensor itself had stopped sending a signal. The other three tires showed normal pressures.The condition went on for several hours then suddenly went back to normal all by itself. Cool! I thought. Then yesterday while running 70 MPH up Rt 30 near Fort Wayne, 33 degrees and snowing, the light dinged on again! Crap! So I checked the tire screen but found that this time the left rear was not sending a signal! Now, I don't know whether it's the sensors or the monitoring system, but, this morning the light is off and the system is working perfectly.

Have any of you had this happen? Is there a service bulletin? Just wondered before I go bother the service department about it.

Thanks!

Harry

Im not aware of anything common on your truck. However, in the past I have ran into electrical items that block the signals to the receiver. Cheap phone chargers can do it. Also, power inverters can interfere. If you have a phone charger plugged in the power point all the time. Remove it and see if stops. Basically the truck pings the sensors and if doesnt get a response then you get the fault. If you have none of he above, you will have to take it in.

• 1 month later...

just picked my F250 up and though it doesn't show a warning the pressure is no where close to true. going to have the dealer flash the sensors and reset them. I did have this issue with a GM and they kept replacing the sensor until I told them to replace the TPS brain which fixed the issue. Some dealers aren't too bright and you have to research it yourself.

Edited by MEW