CON!!!!!! CON!!!!!!

Decker

Ladies and Gentle Men and Children of all ages.... sheep`s and pawns too.... The Greatest Show on Earth will be coming to town this June!!!!!

With the motions on the floor and the butt rubbin... deals a plenty... annnnnd promises GALORE we will see how our royalty sneaks in their constitution changes. Of course we will see the check writing to fund the royals needs and the crying over not having enough funds for this and that cause. (the VP`s not for profit causes...for sure) Then there will be the need to get ready for "CHANGE".... you know change this and change that for "you" the memberships best interests. Really the "change talk" is going to be on the grammy award level with all the down playing of the investigation's going on.

Yaaa think we might see the return of just two hours a month for dues? You think our retiree`s may get a little help with all the co pays with the royal`s controlled VEBA? HEY!!!! do you think the royal`s will see a raise? How bout an added transfer of 50K or 100K a year from the Strike Fund?

OBOY OBOY :salute: the signing of solidary forever OBOY OBOY :salute: I can see all their two faces smiling and holding the pawns and sheepies hands. What a sight it will be.... :cry:

The stage will be set, the balloons will fall, the we know what you`ve all heard from all those "anti union bastards" speech's will go on and on and on.... Do you think Dennis will be wearing Prada? ;)

Edited by Decker

Uaw

Let me clarify just a little.

U​nited Auto Worker LEADERSHIP ​is the biggest disappointment to labor in the last 15 to 20 years.

The union ideology of those that fought to give the membership a chance is still there but, the present leadership has kept it locked up in the sub basement of the solid house because that way of thinking would just get in the way when their working hard to get what they feel their entitled too. Leadership? and the IUAW? Look hard at where these so called leaders have led the membership....

​3 or 4 levels of pay to do the same work - benefits who?

No hourly increase for 9 to 10 years - benefits who?

​VEBA - benefits who?

​No Dedicated Retirement Fund - benefits who?

​A migrant work force - benefits who?

​Alternate Work Schedule - benefits who?

​I do agree with you Uaw_for_What..... the UAW leadership is number one

​Ever wonder why the IUAW didn`t even consider demanding to go back to the table or do anything after all those concession we gave back and then the very next quarter Ford started on its marathon profit spree???? :idea:

Edited by Decker
  • Like 1

Let me clarify just a little.

U​nited Auto Worker LEADERSHIP ​is the biggest disappointment to labor in the last 15 to 20 years.

The union ideology of those that fought to give the membership a chance is still there but, the present leadership has kept it locked up in the sub basement of the solid house because that way of thinking would just get in the way when their working hard to get what they feel their entitled too. Leadership? and the IUAW? Look hard at where these so called leaders have led the membership....

​3 or 4 levels of pay to do the same work - benefits who?

No hourly increase for 9 to 10 years - benefits who?

​VEBA - benefits who?

​No Dedicated Retirement Fund - benefits who?

​A migrant work force - benefits who?

​Alternate Work Schedule - benefits who?

​I do agree with you Uaw_for_What..... the UAW leadership is number one

​Ever wonder why the IUAW didn`t even consider demanding to go back to the table or do anything after all those concession we gave back and then the very next quarter Ford started on its marathon profit spree???? :idea:

Decker........... I have retired and you really never know how much the medical will cost until you retire and need it............ Now, I'm not dying or anything like that, but using the medical can be a pain........ never really got any represention when I was working, and the younger crowd of "comedy personal" didn't want anything to do with seniority people,..... disliked them at best...... I'm sure they had a party when I left...........and with The King of Michigan (Gov. Snyder) deciding to tax the pension's as well........... it all help's........... LOL........ Don't get me wrong........ I'm not hurting.......... but after putting in your time, 44 years for me, you would think............. (fill in the blank).......... Sooner or later we all get to this point, they should be thinking of that........

You`re right lastman, members are caught off guard when they retire mostly because of the no ask, no need to tell method of representation our union operates under.

Just as it is on the floor when so many times we hear "they (the company) can do that" the membership is caught off guard because the member or members are in a situation the members have never had to deal with before or never took the time to look into, ask questions about or just read some of the written agreement. Now I`m not trying to find or make excuses for not asking questions or reading at least some of the written agreement but in all honesty we have become a membership that has been told so many times and for so long, "if I`m elected I will do this and that" and the stated and implied manner of the elected (anointed IUAW and Local Rep`s also) official's "we will negotiate for you", "we have your best interest first and foremost in our concerns" that most members take this manner of representation as a way to jump in the back seat and just go for a ride and maybe just ask once in a while "are we there yet?".

Yep lastman we (legacy employees) all will get to the point of realizing "dam" where did this co payment come from or I have to pay what "per month" for my wife, husband or partner to receive how much of my retirement if they out live me? Then there is the eye opener about how the membership agreed (you know the recurring IUAW statement, "you guys voted for this") to the fact that the company "makes" you take an early retirement deduction from the monthly pension benefit that we all have paid into. (yes one way or another it`s the employee`s that fund the pension fund) The company is into the no ask, don't tell methods also when it come to "oh we (the company) just put millions into the pension fund" really? when it should have been stated "we (the company) haven`t paid the agreed amount we should have per the contractual agreement, for some time now so we did a little catching up on the "Past Due" amount of pension fund contributions... (contributions...that's another play on words) I`m wondering if the membership remembers where the money is coming from to pay the monthly pension fund benefits?

Now I know about the bridge benefit and how it stops at age 62 and how the company and the anointed IUAW uses this method to get the membership to make a decision to file for social security (early retirement) when the anointed ones say... "you can make up the loss of the bridge benefit by filing for social security...." Why stop at 62? has anyone seen the age of full social security? for this old long hair it is six months after I turn 66 years old. But the partners (the company and IUAW) think this ok because...? yep you guessed it "the highest authority voted for it". Well, I think we did.

Lets see, we can retire with 30 years and get bridge benefits till age 62. At age 62 can you get full retirement from social security? So if you don`t want to take a cut in the monthly social security benefit (for the rest of your life) you don`t have to file for social security benefits. But, you will see the reduction of the total monthly benefit administered by the company (not actually paid by the company) in the amount of (can you guess it?) your full social security benefit... that you haven't got yet or will never get if you file at age 62. Hmmm sweet deal for us...?

But...But...But... even after these less than fully communicated, less than beneficial business agreements it is being said "hey you legacy members should be happy", cause those non Legacy, First Tier, TPT`ers, LTS`ers and the In Transition`ers don`t have any of these worries or questions. They (non Legacy, etc...) don`t know it fully yet but they don`t get anything but... social security and the stock market....

Welcome of the land of Big Biddness

SHOT...and a SCORE for the IUAW and their partners

Edited by Decker
  • Like 1

I sat down and did the math on the last contract. Using the retirement calculators for both the Social Security and Ford retirement if you stay four years and six months past 62 you will draw just shy of $800 more a month. Roughly $600 more in SS and $200 from Ford. Folks say "if you can't make it now you'll never be able to make it". I tell them I can make it now on what you draw at 62, but what if you live 20-30 more years. Can you live now, today, on what you made 20-30 years ago? Remember, INFLATION, INFLATION, INFLATION! I don't want to be a financial burden to my only child and/or spouse. My mother is in assisted living (look up those prices!) and my father in law is in a nursing home so I see this first hand. Now I don't believe I'll make enough to pay for a long term stint in a nursing home but the assisted living I could cover so the additional $800 will come in handy.

Here's the other thing and I'm sure Decker will know what I'm talking about, our "Life Income Benefit" which is your unit of pay for every year you have worked. When was the last time legacy employees had a raise to our retirement LIB? After all the second tier employees received a perk to their retirement last contact. When was the last time that retirees got a raise? Use to be our first raise after the contract for the cost of living was deferred to retirees, now we don't get a cost of living. See when we agreed to lump sum payments for "inflation" we screwed the retirees.

So Decker, or someone who has good research skills, "When was the last time we had an increase to our retirements LIB"? Should all of us put this down as a suggestion for the national contract? Otherwise, they will spend their time "re-negotiating" for benefits for the second tier employees or perks that we lost, lol, that the old timers went on strike for many moons ago. Kind of like deja vu.

Remember, "Life Income Benefit", don't vote yes without a raise to your retirement.

Edited by pmooret
  • Like 2

I hear you pmooret, I too have found out about the gap between my families income and what an assisted living facility costs. At one time I had Mom, her sister (my aunt), Dad and his brother in law (my uncle) in the same ALF. These four are the last of their generation left so keeping them together is something I need. Some may see this as a personnel preference but these four people were the ones that made sure all the family members got the needed things in their lives, so I feel it is only fare that the oldest son of the oldest son is there for them.

We as a membership have been left behind on a lot of benefits (LIB) because the prior generation of membership members were kept in the dark so easily for no other reason then "communication" or the lack of. There was a time when we didn`t know how locals voted till after a contract was "ratified". So anything that wasn`t front and center to what the IUAW thought we should know about wasn`t even put in the high (low) lights of the contract that sometimes didn`t get passed out till yep... after ratification. But today with all the open, real time communication going on you`d think the membership wouldn't fall for the same old song and dance...but the majority did. Need any proof just look at the last 2 or 3 contracts. The locals that voted the last two contracts down just could not get the facts out on social media to help the majority get over or under the big old fear fence tactic`s the anointed had put up again... pmooret I am not sure when the last increase in LIB but I am not sure we will see any increase this time around either. That fear fence can be really tall. But seriously, most of our members don`t make enough or have a mind set to think about ever retiring to push for anything other than the present just getting by things in the contract.

As for the years and years of no increases in the LIB and the closing of the gate behind all of our members that will never get any LIB from our pension fund, you would think this would be a top concern of our royalty sitting at the table looking at corporate representatives of a company that has made how many billions in just the last ten years? Remember this is but one benefit that has been neglected or cut completely out from any negotiation's. This and the other give backs makes more and more members wondering why? Why we gave up all those concessions? Why the anointed didn`t seek to open a contract like the company did? Why doesn't the average member get the same benefits as our anointed official's receive for medical coverage or pension benefits? Oh wait we (the membership) are a real good group to work for. Yes the membership pays for the medical coverage and all the other benefits the chosen ones get... yep, the IUAW works for us.

But the bottom line will be real interesting at this next negotiations. What with the investigations and all those billions being dumped in the company bank. Oh yeah and the mortgages being paid off and the great shotguns being given in appreciation...

Edited by Decker
  • Like 2

Decker...........I knew what I would be getting, benefits and all, going into retirement............. Was just done with the bullshit after 44+ years and 64 years of age........... Got a buyout and said "thanks for the help" to all the union committee people who were responsible enough to give me a hand when I needed it, and told the rest of the committee (comedy) people", to "eat shit and die".............. They didn't care one way or the other, but it made me feel good.........

Edited by lastmanstanding
  • Like 1

I`m not sure about the last year the LIB was increased but, one thing for sure is the LIB was or has been stagnant for a long time. That is because of the "Benefit Class Code`s". These codes "A thru D" are the grouping of set LIB`s one would multiply with the years of service to get their basic monthly pension benefits. The main deciding factor in these Benefit Class Codes are and always have been our base hourly rates tied to our classifications. So if you retired with the same classification and/or hourly rate you had ten years ago, without any increase to that base rate that hourly rate would set your LIB through the Benefit Class Code from ten years ago. Example - Paint Repair = $30.21.5 per hour = Benefit Class Code "C" @ $54.05 X 30 years of service = $1621.50 a month from the basic pension fund, this does not include a bridge benefit or etc. (the rates and the codes are close but not spot on, way to many figures to keep spot on in this old head)

The stagnation of the Life Income Benefit happens every time we gave up an hourly increase whether it was a concession (many years of that) or a negotiated lump sum instead of an hourly increase. We also gave up the "roll in" to our hourly rates with the COLA roll in at contract time. All those so called helping the company concessions have made the LIB just sit there.

Then of course this giving back trend stagnated the benefit checks of our already retired members. We even lost the ability to help the current retiree`s by for going a cost of living increase like we did as a part of the different contract agreements. Anyone remember how not getting one COLA increase was then given to the retiree`s to help off set co payments? Most retiree`s I worked for at the hall called this a "Christmas Bonus" because it was paid in December. But whatever they called it, it was from the membership and our helping them by not getting a COLA increase, this check was waited for every December by a lot of our retirees.

So not only is there a method to their business way`s when it came to all those concessions and oh here have this lump sum instead of increasing our hourly rates, it reduced the companies long term cost on not only future retiree`s but even on those that need it the most, those that went before us.

Edited by Decker
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well... Well... Well

It seems our resident activist has come out swingin.... "I DID NOT VOTE TO" transfer strike funds to the general fund!!!! "I DID NOT VOTE TO" give the IUAW raises!!!! "I DID NOT WANT ALL THE OTHER STUFF"!!!

So I guess our resident activist wants to go on another paid protest...? . As a Con Con delegate our resident activist will be voting for the incumbents? Remember our activist was right there with supporting the same VP`s that had our best interests at heart.... (the same shotgun receiving, mortgage paid off VP`s)

Ok CAP it`s time to send our "I DID NOT VOTE FOR THAT STUFF" group to the Con Con.... Gee I wonder if the incumbent party will win the IUAW Executive Board..... ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

With our activists winning as your Local 551 Con Con delegates I`m sure all the members will be waiting for word of all the changes these top vote getters have said and pledged they will make happen...? Anyone see a notice for handing out of or the presenting of any submitted resolution forms to the membership? for the memberships approval? a special membership meeting?

Did any of our activists get an invite to the Reuther Caucus meeting in November? If not this con con most likely will generate the same results and/or changes our activists pledged and promised they would change if voted to be your con con delegates....same campaign babble as the last time.

Here are a few views of how the Con Con works.

"In late November, cherry picked UAW leaders from around the country flew into Detroit to select what’s known as “The Reuther Caucus” slate at the national headquarters, Solidarity House at the request of International. The caucus, which UAW Local 74 was not invited to attend, gives itself the most power in the organization. Delegates to the UAW Constitutional Convention vote in new leadership but for the past seven decades, the Reuther Caucus’s nominee has won election as union president. The caucus also customarily determines the other winners elected at the Constitutional Conventions held every four years".

"DETROIT -- Following failed organizing drives and an ongoing federal corruption probe, hundreds of UAW officials are expected to meet in Detroit this week to select a slate of candidates for the union’s 2018 elections.

The UAW's Administrative Caucus -- consisting of national and local officers and members -- is scheduled to meet Thursday in Detroit to make its recommendations for leadership positions, including secretary-treasurer, vice presidents and president.

The union has not made any official announcement about the event; three people familiar with the plans confirmed the scheduled leadership meeting to Automotive News.

A UAW spokesman declined to comment.

The meeting is part of the union's election process and not a result of recent lost organizing efforts or a widening federal investigation into the alleged misuse of $4.5 million in worker training funds from Fiat Chrysler Automobiles being used to line the pockets of union and company officials.

Presidential candidates selected by the caucus have gone on to win elections for the past 70 years. Delegates representing rank-and-file UAW members will vote on the positions at the UAW's Constitutional Convention, which is scheduled for June, when the new terms will start"

“Imagine an electoral system where a small group of well-connected insiders hand-picks candidates for voters to consider. Challengers are discouraged, and the favored candidate of the party insiders always wins. This isn't an example from years past in the Soviet Union; rather, it's the status quo today in the elections for executive positions within the United Auto Workers. Just recently, the troubled union elevated a slate of union insiders to replace the outgoing set of insiders”.

"A powerful group of United Auto Worker insiders moved to re-elect Cindy Estrada as the union's vice president, despite a federal probe into union corruption in which investigators are reportedly examining Estrada's role.

The Reuther Caucus, an influential bloc that has long dominated the union, moved to nominate Estrada to a second term in the leadership, according to Automotive News. Earlier this month, the Detroit News reported that investigators were interested in Estrada regarding the ongoing scandal involving former UAW officials and former executives with the Big Three automakers. Estrada's re nomination by the Reuther Caucus virtually ensures her re-election. Reuters notes that candidates from the caucus won elections for the last seven decades. The UAW will hold a leadership election in June".

"A dark horse candidate comes away with a key endorsement in the race to become the next president of the UAW. While hardly an outsider, Gary Jones, a trained accountant who worked at UAW headquarters in Detroit before becoming director of the union’s western region, bested a couple of other better-known potential candidates for the nomination of the so-called “Reuther” caucus.The crucial first step for Jones in the union’s tradition-laden process for filling top posts came when he won endorsement from the union executive board’s 14 members. Jones beat out better-known candidates including Gary Casteel, the union’s secretary-treasurer, and Cindy Estrada, head of the union’s General Motors Dept.

Casteel was nominated for another 4-year term as secretary-treasurer, the caucus says in a release. Casteel had led the UAW’s campaign to organize workers at the Nissan plant in Canton, MS, which ended in an embarrassing defeat for the union.

Estrada, the first woman to head a key bargaining department, was re-nominated as vice president but she has been mentioned as a potential target in an ongoing federal investigation of the union’s joint training funds. No charges have been leveled against Estrada.

Nonetheless, the caucus picked Jones because he was free of the taint of scandal that has rocked the UAW since the federal government indicted the widow of the late General Holiefield, a former UAW vice president.

Current UAW President Dennis Williams has been criticized for not moving fast enough to counter the scandal. Williams, who will be 65 at the time of next year’s union election, is retiring after one term because of union policy prohibiting candidates 65 or older from seeking office".

After reading these views of how the Incumbent, Administrative and/or Reuther Caucus works. What do all the promises and the pledges to make us strong again really mean?

FREE FOOD, FREE HOTEL, FREE AIRFARE AND A CHECK FOR LOST TIME WHEN YOU GET BACK

.........CHANGES NOT SO MUCH.......

Edited by Decker

I sat down and did the math on the last contract. Using the retirement calculators for both the Social Security and Ford retirement if you stay four years and six months past 62 you will draw just shy of $800 more a month. Roughly $600 more in SS and $200 from Ford. Folks say "if you can't make it now you'll never be able to make it". I tell them I can make it now on what you draw at 62, but what if you live 20-30 more years. Can you live now, today, on what you made 20-30 years ago? Remember, INFLATION, INFLATION, INFLATION! I don't want to be a financial burden to my only child and/or spouse. My mother is in assisted living (look up those prices!) and my father in law is in a nursing home so I see this first hand. Now I don't believe I'll make enough to pay for a long term stint in a nursing home but the assisted living I could cover so the additional $800 will come in handy.

Here's the other thing and I'm sure Decker will know what I'm talking about, our "Life Income Benefit" which is your unit of pay for every year you have worked. When was the last time legacy employees had a raise to our retirement LIB? After all the second tier employees received a perk to their retirement last contact. When was the last time that retirees got a raise? Use to be our first raise after the contract for the cost of living was deferred to retirees, now we don't get a cost of living. See when we agreed to lump sum payments for "inflation" we screwed the retirees.

So Decker, or someone who has good research skills, "When was the last time we had an increase to our retirements LIB"? Should all of us put this down as a suggestion for the national contract? Otherwise, they will spend their time "re-negotiating" for benefits for the second tier employees or perks that we lost, lol, that the old timers went on strike for many moons ago. Kind of like deja vu.

Remember, "Life Income Benefit", don't vote yes without a raise to your retirement.

The last "LIB" raise was at least 12 years ago (3 contracts). I was bitching about this years before I retired, but the lower seniority people just thought I was just bitching about it 'cause I was getting close to retirement...... Somewhere along the line we all retire and that benefit will affect all of us........... Also LIB is directly affected by your hourly rate,as Decker has pointer out, but the last time we got a raise, we didn't get a increase in our LIB. Also, don't forget, SS only lets you "throw away" the worst 5 years of gross income to factor your SS. So if you retire at ..... say...... 55 your income for 7+years is zero. You can "throw out" 5 years, so that leaves 2 years..... and that is used to figure out what your SS income will be.......... Meaning, if you retire to early, when you finally lose the "bridge benefit" your retirement from that point forward could very well be LESS then what you were getting because of all the years you didn't work....... Unless, of course, you went out and got another job.....that, also, bring's in a whole bunch of other stuff into the game. They don't make it easy for ya. It's a "cluster"......

• Like 1

If you have ever asked yourself as a dues paying member “what has happen to the UAW” like so many members have, there is an old long hair that would like to ask the membership to read the first paragraph that was printed in 1947 (no before my time smartass) and then read the second paragraph which that same old long hair has switched some words to bring the paragraph more up to date.

“the policies of this old leadership bloc were highlighted by their fervid adherence to the no-strike pledge which tied labor’s hands; by their “equality of sacrifice” program, which meant that labor was to make all the ‘ sacrifices; by their scuttling of premium pay; by their denunciation of strikes and strikers as “unpatriotic”; by their worship at the shrine of FDR, capitalism’s master-hand; by their advocacy of piecework (under the guise of “incentive pay”) for workers who had been through bitter struggles to wipe it out of the industry”

(Switch “old” for “current”)

(Switch “scuttling of premium pay” to “limiting overtime premium pay”)

(Switch “FDR, capitalism`s master hand” to “the Multi- National Multi-Billion Dollar Automobile Industries”)

(Switch “piecework” to “multiple tiers”) (Switch “incentive pay” to “more jobs”)

(Switch “wipe it out of the industry” to “get equal pay for equal for equal work in the industry”)

“the policies of this current leadership bloc were highlighted by their fervid adherence to the no-strike pledge which tied labor’s hands; by their “equality of sacrifice” program, which meant that labor was to make all the ‘ sacrifices; by their limiting overtime premium pay; by their denunciation of strikes and strikers as “unpatriotic”; by their worship at the shrine of the Multi-National Multi-Billion Dollar Automobile Industries master-hand; by their advocacy of multiple tiers (under the guise of “more jobs”) for workers who had been through bitter struggles to get equal pay for equal work in the industry

After reading this post completely (a hard thing to do now a days with all the texting shorthand stuff) I`m sure there will be questions and opinions floating around out there. I`m going to give my opinion. Remember this is just my opinion.

The thing that has happen to our and Reuther’s UAW it unfortunately has become what the Reuther brothers and all those that fought those bitter fights and did those sit downs...that were completely against. If any member walking in to any plant and does the same work as the previous member did for less, then you will understand what has happened. If a member is not given the same benefits as all the members before that member, then you will understand what has happened to our union. What is so hard to understand about our and Reuther`s UAW becoming what it has become. People the current and resent leadership has put our union in reverse.

With all that our activist has said and all the have truths he has given, he will deliver the same as before. A bunch of fists in the air pictures and “well… we tried”.

Yes, the paragraph was written in the year 1947, as a summary of the eleventh UAW convention.

Edited by Decker
  • Like 1

Decker, I couldn't agree more....... Maybe we should do what the rest of the country does..... Pay women 75% of what men make ...... They people in charge seems to like it...... NO THAT WOULD BE BULLSHIT...... We just pay newer employee's less, and tell them they should be glad to have a job in the auto industry.......Here's another example of the crap that goes around......About a year before I retired, I talked to my unit chairman about a little problem I had....... This guy had around 15 years seniority. After explaining what was going on, his comeback was....... I'd like to help you, but this is a problem one person is having and if I go to bat for you, they're gonna want something in return, and I'm not willing to give-up anything for a higher seniority person that may be retireing in a few years.... My comeback was..... "I can't remember the guys name.... it was Walter or something like that, and he said whatever happen's to one Union person happen's to ALL Union people.... we are in this together". At that point the Unit Chair turned and walked away from me..... And that was the last time we had a conversation...... He also got reelected..... This is just another example of what was fought for and is now in the rear view mirror.....

• Like 1

Hmmmm.... another first for the IUAW?

"UAW Secretary-Treasurer Gary Casteel, who was nominated again for the position at the end of last year, confirmed his decision to step down in an emailed statement. His departure was first reported by Automotive News."

“After much thought and discussion with my family, I have made a personal decision not to seek re-election as Secretary-Treasurer of the UAW,” Casteel said. “As I stated last fall, Detroit is a terrific place, but my wife and I love our hometown near Nashville.”

"Casteel was nominated by the union’s Reuther Caucus in November along with a slate of other top leadership candidates. Receiving a nomination for president was Gary Jones, a former administrative assistant to the secretary-treasurer who is a director of the union’s 17-state Region 5 out west.
Casteel’s decision comes amid a widening federal investigation into corruption involving UAW training centers funded by all three Detroit automakers and has resulted in charges against several former senior UAW colleagues and their relatives."

"Former FCA labor negotiator Alphons Iacobelli and the wife of deceased UAW vice president General Holiefield have pleaded guilty to charges in an alleged scheme involving the embezzlement of hundreds of thousands of dollars from the funds earmarked for member training.
Retired UAW vice president Joe Ashton, who has drawn the scrutiny of federal agents looking into potential corruption at the joint training centers, also resigned from General Motors Co.’s board of directors at the end of last year. And Norwood Jewell, former head of the FCA department, retired Jan. 1 — six months before his term was scheduled to end."

"Casteel, 60, has not been named or charged in the FBI’s probe into the training centers."

Whos next?

Edited by Decker

• 1 month later...

31% raise for International E-Board Members

Dues will be reduced if the strike fund reaches 850 million. The International E-Board will have the ability to transfer strike fund without resolution.

So if the strike fund gets close to that 850 million level the International E-Board can keep it below the 850 million level without anything other than a pen....

Stand strong Local 551 everyone of your delegates votes "AGAINST" this bullshit.

Oh and for the record, King Bob got a cabin and now its a passed resolution and Dennis gets his free of all charges cabin at Black Lake too.

6% raise to my hourly rate in the last 14 years and that effects my Life Income Benefit in penny's.

Can anyone imagine, 31% increase in International E-Boards base rates is what we lost by helping the company by not getting our 3% hourly increase for each of the 10 years before the increase the first year of this bullshit contract.....

What a deal.

Solidary my ass :nonono:

Edited by Decker

If we don't get a 31% raise on our next contract then we should all vote no until either we get it or they renounce their raise and bring it in line with ours. This time we need to picket the union, no yes votes as long as these selfish bastards are the ones negotiating the contract. I can do this with a clear conscious. This bullshit needs to stop. All of these folks need to go. If you think about it this is actually embarrassing. I sure would like to be a fly on the wall (cloud) when these folks get to the Pearly Gates.

Edited by pmooret

I never have been one to rant and threaten to quit paying union dues as I just don't believe in doing that but KY is now a right to work state and I'm seriously thinking about doing it. Maybe if enough people stop paying dues they might get the message. Hell we can't even get a cost of living raise.

Corruption on every level. And don't tell me Ford is not involved. Look at how we are Treated. Especially Legacy employees. Smdh

A year or so before I retired I had the Unit Chair tell me that he won't do to much for seniority employee's because they are getting ready to retire and the "payback" won't be there very long....... Then after I retired, in the next election, he ran unopposed.......... and that's how the union see's it's seniority employee's