Expedition/Navigator production increased

The automaker will be increasing production of the two SUVs by approximately 25 percent. Both models are manufactured at Ford's truck plant in Louisville, Kentucky.

"The response from our customers regarding our new full-size SUVs has been exceptional," said Joe Hinrichs, Ford's president of global operations. In January, Navigator sales surged 88.6 percent according to the research firm AutoData.

In particular, Ford is finding very strong demand for the most expensive versions of both vehicles. The average transaction price for the Lincoln Navigator jumped by $21,000 in January, while the average price for a new Ford Expedition was up $7,800, according to the automaker.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ford-plans-ramp-production-explorer-050100139.html

Jim Hacket himself has reportedly banned employees from ordering Expeditions and Navigators through the company lease program for personal use.

Yes sir. Some unnamed source from Ford told Automotive News about that. http://www.autonews.com/article/20180212/RETAIL01/180219953/ford-rushes-to-build-more-suvs

CEO Jim Hackett has banned Ford employees from ordering Navigators or Expeditions for personal use, a source with direct knowledge of the directive told Automotive News. Typically, employees who get vehicles through the company's manager lease program can have their pick of the lineup, excluding some high-performance models. Restrictions on mainstream vehicles are rare, if not unprecedented, the source said.

Some did get one before that came down, because one of the plant managers at MAP drives a new Navigator and has for a few months.

The First set of production units usually always end up at company lease cars, easy way to see problems that might come up early. I would also expect the CEO of Ford to drive the company's best vehicle, Janice from accounting can wait until next year for her kids to trash one.

The First set of production units usually always end up at company lease cars, easy way to see problems that might come up early. I would also expect the CEO of Ford to drive the company's best vehicle, Janice from accounting can wait until next year for her kids to trash one.

Hackett drives a Mustang. He loves mentioning that during his keynote speeches.

Nearly 85 percent of all Navigator buyers chose high-end Black Label and Reserve models in January 2018, which drove up the transaction price $21,000 from a year ago to $77,400. Sales are driven primarily by Texans, Floridians and Californians. They're trading in competitor vehicles — known in the industry as a "conquest" — at a rate of 40%.

The pricey Platinum version of Expedition accounted for 29% of sales, pushing the average transaction price up $7,800 in January 2018 to $57,700

The more I read things like, the more i'm convinced that Ford really is disconnected from its buyers,

they are so shocked that buyers are actually willing to pay a lot more for high end products?

Come on guys, this is one of those risks that ends up being a sure bet and an absolute lisence

to print money. Maybe look at removing some bottle necks at KTP so that SD and the SUVs

can both be built with appropriate production levels.

• Like 1

I wonder if Expedition/Navigator production should eventually shift to another plant? Such as back to MAP - even with Ranger/Bronco production coming fully online by 2020? If the growth is really large enough long term. KTP also needs to build more Super Duty trucks as well. Any thoughts? Thankfully these are good problems to have.

Edited by ExplorerDude

I wonder if Expedition/Navigator production should eventually shift to another plant? Such as back to MAP - even with Ranger/Bronco production coming fully online by 2020? If the growth is really large enough long term. KTP also needs to build more Super Duty trucks as well. Any thoughts? Thankfully these are good problems to have.

Well see what everything looks like when all the construction is finished at MAP, but I dont think theyre retooling with anything that big in mind.