FORD DRIVERS SWEEP THE TOP 4 SPOTS AT THE CLASH

blksn8k2

I doubt things will get any better at Ford now that Nair is gone. I have no idea what he did wrong and we may never know. I just hope he actually did something wrong enough to deserve his fate and that it was not something minor that was used as an excuse to push him out. He was not only the guiding force behind the latest GT but he also oversaw the development of several other performance models. With the push towards crap that most performance enthusiasts have little interest in I'm not looking forward to the future of the auto industry.

I doubt things will get any better at Ford now that Nair is gone. I have no idea what he did wrong and we may never know. I just hope he actually did something wrong enough to deserve his fate and that it was not something minor that was used as an excuse to push him out. He was not only the guiding force behind the latest GT but he also oversaw the development of several other performance models. With the push towards crap that most performance enthusiasts have little interest in I'm not looking forward to the future of the auto industry.

I wouldn't say the "auto industry" but just Ford. GM has some good performance cars and that simple LS engine is pretty stout I've been told. Having a guy that built filing cabinets and cubicles at the helm doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling that performance is in good hands.

Edited by coupe3w

I wouldn't say the "auto industry" but just Ford. GM has some good performance cars and that simple LS engine is pretty stout I've been told. Having a guy that built filing cabinets and cubicles at the helm doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling that performance is in good hands.

Look around. Just about every auto maker has made statements that their entire fleets will be electrified and/or self driving in the next few years. That may be wishful thinking but it doesn't bode well for anyone who cares about driving and the sweet sounds that currently come from performance vehicles.

Formula E is a thing so theres that

I watched it for the first time a few wees ago. So I'm watching the power levels going down, and I'm thinking I wonder how they switch out the batteries in the pits. So they come into the pits (garage really) and they .......change the whole car......WTF LOL. I don't think I will be watching that again.

So I wonder if in the future while you're being driven cross-country by your autonomous slug will you be able to just trade cars whenever your battery dies? That would sure beat waiting several hours to recharge the damn thing. I suppose as long these new transportation pods are all the same who gives a shit if you get a different one when the battery dies? Hell, while we're at it why not just hook them all together and call it a train? That way the one in front is the only one that really needs a battery! What a concept!

• Like 2

So I wonder if in the future while you're being driven cross-country by your autonomous slug will you be able to just trade cars whenever your battery dies? That would sure beat waiting several hours to recharge the damn thing. I suppose as long these new transportation pods are all the same who gives a shit if you get a different one when the battery dies? Hell, while we're at it why not just hook them all together and call it a train? That way the one in front is the only one that really needs a battery! What a concept!

Yeah, the future is going to be dull and boring for the car enthusiast that's for sure. Just a lot of cookie cutter transportation pods. The auto insurance companies ain't going to like the future either, but that's a good thing for consumers.