Production Numbers

slumlord

Hi Fuzzymoomoo, is the following enough for you to look up an order?

Dealer sales code: L67400

Order code: W007

This is off of a preliminary order sheet the dealer gave me. I'm trying to get them to give me the DORA, but no luck yet.

That's all I need

VIN 5LMJJ3TTXJEL12316

Scheduled to Week (Week -of Apr-30-2018)

• Like 1

Holy cow that is fast and amazing! How long usually is it from that April 30 date until dealer delivery?

Thank you so much!!!! Any way of confirming order details to make sure they are correct?

Average transit time to dealership once the vehicle is shipped is 14 days. Your dealership has access to Vehicle Visibility tracking system updates 24/7 and should have the ETA information.

Fuzzymoomoo-

you are the best! I'm VIN 5LMJJ3TT1JEL09711. I was told a build of 4/11 today, and told that the "delay" (from my 1/3 order date) is because captains chairs were late production? Does this make sense? I didn't elect anything here - just the standard captains with console. It's a black label L.

Also, for what it is worth, I was told I couldn't order on Xplan for my car because the dealer wasn't accepting it for the 2018 Nav at the time, but if they do when it comes in, they will allow it. Does this make sense?

Fuzzymoomoo-

you are the best! I'm VIN 5LMJJ3TT1JEL09711. I was told a build of 4/11 today, and told that the "delay" (from my 1/3 order date) is because captains chairs were late production? Does this make sense? I didn't elect anything here - just the standard captains with console. It's a black label L.

That makes sense. I dont keep up on commodity constraints because I dont have to. I just build what comes down the line.

Also, for what it is worth, I was told I couldn't order on Xplan for my car because the dealer wasn't accepting it for the 2018 Nav at the time, but if they do when it comes in, they will allow it. Does this make sense?

Yep. Dealers are not required to take X-plan. I think they do for A or Z though. Not 100% sure about that.

I went back and forth with 6 dealers closest to me. I got the best price at one but didn't like the way she treated me (in an email) so I asked the one dealer closest to her price if they would just match it and they did! I got it for $332 under invoice price :) not sure could do that deal again since the supply is low and demand is high, but it was a cash deal. Picked her up tonight!

post-58103-0-90026500-1521597428_thumb.jpg

post-58103-0-82298100-1521597437_thumb.jpg

post-58103-0-02891700-1521597476_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

As fuzzymoomoo said, dealers are not required to take x-plan. The nearest Ford dealer to my house has for years refused to order any vehicle for me on x-plan, which makes no sense as we are talking basic Expeditions - nothing limited or unique. They have lost at least 5 sales from me when they had to do nothing more than order a vehicle. Very strange.

I understand not accepting when vehicles are limited or very popular (my dealer said x-plan only on custom Navigator orders as they can't keep what they get in stock and can sell for well above x-plan).

I would just go to the next Lincoln dealer.

• Like 1

When we shopped around, dealers seemed willing to do x-plan as long as you ordered one but not for existing inventory they had already ordered. We ended up ordering a reserve for x-plan from the dealer who had the lowest sales tax rate and allocation available. The sales tax difference was nearly 5% and saved us a few thousand $.

We pick it up tomorrow.

Edited by ToddGak

When we shopped around, dealers seemed willing to do x-plan as long as you ordered one but not for existing inventory they had already ordered. We ended up ordering a reserve for x-plan from the dealer who had the lowest sales tax rate and allocation available. The sales tax difference was nearly 5% and saved us a few thousand $.

We pick it up tomorrow.

Your sales tax is based on where you live not where you purchase it.

Your sales tax is based on where you live not where you purchase it.

I believe if you don't finance and pay in full, it is based on location of purchase like any other purchase. Not sure what happens with third party financing.

Edited by HofstraJet

I believe if you don't finance and pay in full, it is based on location of purchase like any other purchase. Not sure what happens with third party financing.

Nope - it’s based on where you register the vehicle. I had a friend that purchased in a different county and they accidentally charged him the lower rate. After he registered the vehicle he got a nice bill from the tax collector for the difference in sales tax.

At least that’s how it works in GA. I think FL is the same.

• Like 1

It may depend on what state youre in. Im in WA and bought a 2017 F250 last summer. Got the local tax rate, wrote a check, done. Dont think Ill have any issues doing this again.

Either your county doesn’t care to go back and collect the additional tax or it is only applicable to where you purchase and not where you register - hard to say for sure from the online websites I saw.

I went back and forth with 6 dealers closest to me. I got the best price at one but didn't like the way she treated me (in an email) so I asked the one dealer closest to her price if they would just match it and they did! I got it for $332 under invoice price :) not sure could do that deal again since the supply is low and demand is high, but it was a cash deal. Picked her up tonight!

attachicon.gifIMG_0523.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_0524.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_0525.jpg

Awesome!! Very nice! I really wish they would allow people to order that dark grey with the BL model...

I would have got the Black Label if it just had a middle row bench option. It might come out later but I didn't want to wait any longer. I didn't notice the grey interior option available until after I ordered so it is always possible.

Same here. The lack of a bench on the Black Label is a sore subject with me. Cannot understand why they wouldn't offer it. And it is just odd that the interior color options are the only ones offered.

Edited by HofstraJet

Hey everyone. My Navigator L Reserve is on order. This will be my first Ford / Lincoln vehicle ever. I have been trying to track my VIN like many of you with no luck. My VIN in ETIS also says it's a 2012 Fiesta with a V6. That does sound like a quick little car. My dealer said production is scheduled for the week of April 3rd but has been radio silence since then. Would fuzzymoomoo or another insider mind running the VIN? It's 5LMJJ3LT9JEL09813

Thanks much and I'm looking forward to delivery! I'm trading in a 2017 Nissan Armada which is one of the worst new vehicles I've ever owned.

Hey everyone. My Navigator L Reserve is on order. This will be my first Ford / Lincoln vehicle ever. I have been trying to track my VIN like many of you with no luck. My VIN in ETIS also says it's a 2012 Fiesta with a V6. That does sound like a quick little car. My dealer said production is scheduled for the week of April 3rd but has been radio silence since then. Would fuzzymoomoo or another insider mind running the VIN? It's 5LMJJ3LT9JEL09813

Thanks much and I'm looking forward to delivery! I'm trading in a 2017 Nissan Armada which is one of the worst new vehicles I've ever owned.

Yeah, that's not really what ETIS is for. I don't know what exactly the point of it is, but it's not that lol

anyway

Scheduled to Day (2018-04-07)

ETA April 16-22

• Like 1