Production Numbers

slumlord

VIN: 5LMJJ2HT8JEL06677

Scheduled to Day (2018-02-26)

As for production numbers, I don't know. Unfortunately there isn't anyone who posts here with any kind of regularity who works at Kentucky Truck that could perhaps give us some insight. Ford itself doesn't publish production numbers anywhere publicly.

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Like 1

That is a bit longer than I had hoped but it's moving along. I have an '05 Excursion 4x4 (6.0) that I am replacing, it's already sold and the guy is picking it up in 2 days! I had been holding out for a new large SUV diesel for a few years, but I finally gave up and went looking at new models. I figured no way I would go Lincoln but wanted to just see it to say that I saw them all and made a good choice. I went around after that to see the competition but all other vehicles didn't even come close. Went back and ordered the Lincoln, very excited to get it.

Thanks for the info!

• Like 2

All of my local dealerships are telling me to expect no less than 8-10 weeks from the date I order. I'm in your situation...getting rid of my current ride and running out of time. It baffles me they haven't ramped up production, especially if they are selling like hot cakes like everyone is claiming they are.

All of my local dealerships are telling me to expect no less than 8-10 weeks from the date I order. I'm in your situation...getting rid of my current ride and running out of time. It baffles me they haven't ramped up production, especially if they are selling like hot cakes like everyone is claiming they are.

They have commodity issues (running out of parts). That shouldn't happen either but it's not a simple choice to cut production.

8-10 weeks really isnt that bad. Its normally a 6-8 week wait from order to delivery

The issue is the Navigator shares a line with Expedition and Super Duty and demand for all 3 is at an all time high. Ford already tried alleviating some of the pressure by moving super duty chassis cab production from there in Kentucky to Ohio but theres not much more that they can do. I suspect they will be scheduling some super Saturday and super Sunday production in the next few months.

My order from entry to keys in my hand was just at 8 weeks. I wasn't in a hurry, as long as it was here by May when we are expecting our third and will need three car seats plus storage space -- something our Yukon Denali couldn't support.

A crappy dealer in DFW tried to use scare tactics that you either pay MSRP and take what you can get, or you order and wait 6 months. Needless to say, they were wrong since I got exactly what I wanted at X plan pricing. I emailed their GM and the salesman who was helping me to try and correct some of their errors, but they continued with the scare tactics. Maybe I should send him a picture of the new vehicle? :)

• Like 1

6 months eh? wow that would have sucked. My build date from above is 7.5 weeks from my order date. Plus a few days for shipping/QC/Prep/whatever else, I should have it in 8-9 weeks I think. I'm only 400 miles away from the plant so shipping shouldn't take long.

I placed my order for a 2018 Navigator on December 11th. Got a VIN 5LMJJ2LT5JEL06823 a few weeks ago but still no build date. Its been over 8 weeks but the factory was closed for holidays. Any insight Fuzzymoomoo? Seems you have some inside info. Thanks much!!!

I placed my order for a 2018 Navigator on December 11th. Got a VIN 5LMJJ2LT5JEL06823 a few weeks ago but still no build date. Its been over 8 weeks but the factory was closed for holidays. Any insight Fuzzymoomoo? Seems you have some inside info. Thanks much!!!

In Order Processing - Scheduled to Day (2018-02-22)

It was evidently scheduled on January 26th. Your salesman really dropped the ball on that one.

In Order Processing - Scheduled to Day (2018-02-22)

It was evidently scheduled on January 26th. Your salesman really dropped the ball on that one.

Thanks for your help!!! So does that mean the car will be built on 2/22? If so I'm curious how long it should take to get to my Chicago Dealer? We were really hoping for February.

Looks like demand is very high for the Navigators according to this article: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/01/ford-is-selling-90000-suvs-faster-than-it-can-make-them.html

Ordered one for my sister a few weeks ago and, due to unforeseen circumstances, she now needs a car immediately. Tried to find something close to what she wants, but nobody has any in stock and whatever is coming in soon they won't sell for x-plan.

My dealer said he can only sell custom orders for x-plan - everything else is being sold at sticker.

Thankfully she has a VIN and build date later this month so she will just rent something in the interim and wait for the Navigator to come in.

Edited by HofstraJet

Thanks for your help!!! So does that mean the car will be built on 2/22? If so I'm curious how long it should take to get to my Chicago Dealer? We were really hoping for February.

with a build date of the 22nd, I would say slim chance it will be February. Depends on how fast it gets shipped. More like early March.