Lincoln News! I have 3 big scoops from my source at NAIAS this past weekend!

I'm really curious what COLORS the Continentals were (& the background of the showrooms' colors)

just-imho, some kind of high-contrast might make a big difference

;)

There were about a dozen of them and at least one of most of the available colors in line in the front row in bright sun. There were a couple of rows of MKX parked behind those and they make the Continentals appear short. Being able to look at the Continentals and MKX together actually made the MKX look nicer.

• Like 1

Nothing about the Continental impresses me. It's a cheap knock-off of an older Bentley design as much as the Kia Amanti was a cheap-knock off of a Lincoln Town Car design.

I don't see Bentley in it at all in Person-if Anything a 300 apes more of a Bentley then the Continental

I have a very good friend who is a VP for a vendor on that project and we spoke the other day. He didn't say anything about it being delayed, but just said he was very disappointed in the looks. Said it is very boring-and he has seen it in person. Apparently much of the engineering work is being handled both in Australia and Thailand.

You sure that he wasn't mistaking it for the Everest restyle?

I think Ford will have a riot on its hands if it doesn't pull the styling off correctly on the Bronco.

• Like 1

I think Ford will have a riot on its hands if it doesn't pull the styling off correctly on the Bronco.

For as much as this has been built up, I don't think Ford can pull off styling people are going to like. I think most everyone has a different idea in their mind as to what the Bronco should be.

For as much as this has been built up, I don't think Ford can pull off styling people are going to like. I think most everyone has a different idea in their mind as to what the Bronco should be.

If that was the case, why not just slap the name on the Everest with an improved suspension, and call it done?

The 1970's model has the Iconic styling-the other models where nothing more then a SWB F-150 with a cap on it. I don't count the Bronco II (which going by names would be closer) since it more or less morphed into the Explorer when it gained 2 extra doors.

Its not that hard to make a modern Bronco that would have cues from the 1970's model-Round headlights and mimic the greenhouse from the 1970 Bronco with 4 doors-The rest can be cribbed from the F-150 and still look good.

• Like 1

From my perspective the Everest would be just another SUV. If the Bronco doesnt have a removable top, it will crossed off my list.

What constitutes a removable top? If you expect something like a FSB Ill bet anything your out of luck. I bet it ends up with removable panels similar to the Jeep Renegade.

What constitutes a removable top? If you expect something like a FSB Ill bet anything your out of luck. I bet it ends up with removable panels similar to the Jeep Renegade.

I really think thats the direction they will go. Theres a lot working against something like the old Broncos one piece top, namely crash regulations.

Ive heard removable tops was on the checklist, I also heard initially the concept was sent back because it looked too much like the Jeep ( bad thing for the intended market? ) I also spoke to someone that actually saw the clay model, stated it was very square.....Ford has a real oppurtunity here lets hope they dont blow it. That said, im quite sure they have been gauging responses to all the Artists releases as to what they think the truck should look like, so fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Ive heard removable tops was on the checklist, I also heard initially the concept was sent back because it looked too much like the Jeep ( bad thing for the intended market? ) I also spoke to someone that actually saw the clay model, stated it was very square.....Ford has a real oppurtunity here lets hope they dont blow it. That said, im quite sure they have been gauging responses to all the Artists releases as to what they think the truck should look like, so fingers crossed.

Should it not be square?

this is what i mean by reservations...but stying is subjective ............I have a very good friend who is a VP for a vendor on that project and we spoke the other day. He didn't say anything about it being delayed, but just said he was very disappointed in the looks. Said it is very boring-and he has seen it in person. Apparently much of the engineering work is being handled both in Australia and Thailand.

this is what i mean by reservations...but stying is subjective ............I have a very good friend who is a VP for a vendor on that project and we spoke the other day. He didn't say anything about it being delayed, but just said he was very disappointed in the looks. Said it is very boring-and he has seen it in person. Apparently much of the engineering work is being handled both in Australia and Thailand.

But that's the rub - maybe that guy thinks the '73 Bronco is boring. But Bronco enthusiasts sure don't.

• Like 2

Not sure why you couldn't do a modern 1-peice removable top... engineer in some nice roll bars and call it a day. I think the wrangler did this last gen.

I had an engineer friend explain to me that theres something in the way that Jeep does it with the Wrangler that wouldnt get through todays standards and only gets by because its granfathered in since the Wrangler name hasnt gone out of production.
  • Like 1

I had an engineer friend explain to me that theres something in the way that Jeep does it with the Wrangler that wouldnt get through todays standards and only gets by because its granfathered in since the Wrangler name hasnt gone out of production.

Safety changes are not grandfathered in. They may find a away around them but just because youve done it that way doesnt mean you get to keep it that way.

Jeep gets away with a lot on the Wrangler as they say features are Intended for off road use only. Though they also get away with commercials showing Jeeps driving though water and when you take it to the dealer as there is water in the differentials they deny the warranty claim as it happened because of operation outside of normal parameters.

• Like 2

Ive heard panels too, so I would have to see what thats about, but I am thinking more Wrangler style. If they have to partially copy it so be it, but an open top of some kind is a must for me.