Lincoln News! I have 3 big scoops from my source at NAIAS this past weekend!

Right. None of us are saying it couldnt be done in a redesign. I think it definitely could be included on a next-gen model. But absolutely not on a refresh.

Agreed. For suicide doors to meet all the stringent standards that OEMs have to, they'd have to be designed in from the very beginning.

Show me in the user CP where I select to ignore any post in a Ford thread that includes the word "Lincoln", or where it omits Lincoln threads in the Ford forum.

Thank you.

If the title contains the word Lincoln, don’t click on it.

Now stop being such a crybaby.

What do you think of this exciting Lincoln news? Does is bode well for the future of Lincoln?

He doesn't care. Any Lincoln news is terrible and doesn't want to hear about it, despite opening and replying to the topic.

I question the accuracy of certain parts of it (mostly the doors, but as I've pointed out, I think said source got confused between refresh and redesign and meant to say for the redesign, where it would be more likely), but it's exciting to have some Lincoln news.

He doesn't care. Any Lincoln news is terrible and doesn't want to hear about it, despite opening and replying to the topic.

I question the accuracy of certain parts of it (mostly the doors, but as I've pointed out, I think said source got confused between refresh and redesign and meant to say for the redesign, where it would be more likely), but it's exciting to have some Lincoln news.

Keep an eye out for a redesign.

That's my guess.

So I had this crazy thought.....which would make the suicide doors comment make sense, though the refresh thing was still wrong, but being for a redesign.

Mustang is set to receive its hybrid system for 2020, alongside a new F-150 (sharing the hybrid powerpack), which could support it possibly being new for 2020.

What if they're going to rip up FRAP next year and launch a new "MKZ", next gen Conti (with suicide doors), and next-gen Mustang all at once for 2020 at a revamped FRAP CD6 plant? And then whatever AV they're developing could also ride on CD6-based platform (I think the AV is still going there, right?).

Wait, Mustang is new for 2020 model year or calendar year as a 2021 model? What are you are predicting? I mean it makes sense to do CD6 cutover all at once at FRAP.

Farley said Mustang and F-150 would both gain hybrids for 2020 (I assumed model year, but I suppose that could've been calendar year).

My prediction extrapolates from that:

-Mustang would be all new for 2020 (again, I'm not certain whether thats MY or CY), riding on CD6, which we know will be RWD and hybrid capable (at minimum). PD has said 2021 for next-gen Mustang, so maybe Farley meant CALENDAR year 2020, not MODEL year 2020.

-this timeline also corresponds with a next-gen "MKZ" timeline which will also ride on CD6. My thought is that the next "MKZ" (insert name here) will be moved to FRAP, putting Lincoln sedan production in one location on the same platform.

-So at that point, you're already retooling the plant for 2 vehicles that will ride on the same CD6 platform (Mustang, MKZ replacement).....you won't leave CD4 capability (Continental) there just to have it, you'd rip it all up and optimize it for CD6 for all 3 vehicles at the plant at the same time.

-which means pulling ahead Continental's redesign from 2023MY to 2020 (MY or CY), and adding suicide doors to the new model, making the scoop in the original post correct in a sense (just getting the 'refresh' part wrong, but the timing is when a refresh would've taken place).

----

A further theory is that the AV to be produced at FRAP will also ride on CD6. Which can also be supported by Hau Thai Tang's comments in the video below that their AV ventures in the short term will be hybrids (since CD6 is hybrid capable).

Edited by rmc523