2019 Ranger Production Information

ice-capades

Push button start has always been a Lariat only feature on the F150. Not available on XLT. Same for the homelink garage door opener. I had to swap out the visor from a Lariat and run a wire to the overhead console to get it.

One change is they are including auto climate control on the XLT mid and luxury trims. On F150 it’s not available at all on XLT.

And I don’t see any mention of seat memory. On the F150 you can’t get memory seats on the XLT.

Seat memory isnt a big deal to me, Ill be the primary driver 99% of the time.

Same here but I needed my damn garage door opener! It's an easy swap for the visor - plug and play if you have lighted vanity mirrors already, otherwise you have to buy a pigtail connector and splice in the wires to the overhead console.

The F150 XLT 302A is the sweet spot as far as features and pricing - $6K - $10K cheaper than a Lariat depending on options because of the much higher rebates. Swapping out the visor is the #1 modification.

I cant fit an F-150 in my garage though, not without parking the other car in the street because of how close it is to the house. Its offset so the left side sits behind the house.

I wasn't suggesting you get a F150 - I was drawing parellels between the option packaging.

The B&P site has an issue. If you select a SuperCrew Lariat 4X4 which starts at $38,385 and work your way through to the Summary page, the base price at the Summary page is $36,210. That's the base price for a Supercab Lariat 4X4 even though the page tells you that a SuperCrew Lariat 4X4 was configured. Think they have a glitch to work out.

Yeah, but when you do the summary the total price is correct. They put the $2,175 upgrade for the crew cab in the options. So when I add the $ 36,210 + 1,095 destination + my options the total options figure is $2,175 higher to cover the upgrade. Now granted it shouldn't be done that way, but at least the dollar amount is correct.

Yeah. You are correct. I double checked the math as far as my options. it's just a shame you can't get the Saber color without the Sport Package. Really wanted that color, but not the magnetic bumpers and front grill surround. Mine specs out to $44,455 in the Hot Pepper Red. My dealer is ready to order it once he gets allocations. :)

Yep, mine specs out at $44,640 if I go with the 4X4... and I say if because I don't have a boat, RV, or trailer and don't have any plans of getting any of these in the near future plus living in Greenville, SC we don't get a lot of bad winter weather and I don't hunt or do any off-roading. However, having said all that, I've been told that I'm nuts to get a loaded Lariat without it being a 4X4 for resale value ???

No, I wasn't planning on selling it any time soon unless I just wasn't happy with it. That 4 grand is a 10% bite and seems like an awful lot to consider for resale or trade-in value when needed.

If you have no need for 4x4, then don't buy it.

Take that $4k extra for 4x4 and invest it (or don't pay interest if financing) and you will have more left over than the depreciation hit you take when selling. That doesn't count (slightly) cheaper insurance, lower fuel cost (better MPG on 4x2), and less maintenance (thought 4x4 maintenance is rather minimal).

Yeah, but if I traded it after 4 years and never hardly used the 4X4 I might get back an extra $2,000...so I'm not sure it's worth it especially if it's financed too. I guess it boils down to if I knew I was going to have a use for it more, or get more than 50 cents back on the dollar after say 4 years then it makes it easier to justify.