2019 Ranger Production Information

ice-capades

2 hours ago, FL_Engineer said:

My dealer screwed my preorder up and ordered an XLT instead of the Lariat I signed for in my buyers order (we had gone back and forth before settling on the lariat). They've been cool about it since I have an email chain that backs me up and it's clear as day on the buyers order, but they had to order my Lariat as a retail order. They put it in as priority 12 but now I've worried it will be delayed as they tell me Ford only pulls retail orders once a month for scheduling.  My dealer is one of the larger ones in the area the deals in volume so I am hoping they have allocation. I have the VIN on the preorder and it's scheduled for delivery in 55 days! Anyone have any info on when they usually pull the retail orders, just looking for a VIN so I can track it on my own?

BTW, thanks to everyone on here; this thread has let me speak with my dealer like a pro :)  

Unless they’re doing something completely different they schedule retail (sold) orders every week not once a month.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, akirby said:

Unless they’re doing something completely different they schedule retail (sold) orders every week not once a month.

That's what we had thought too (the dealer and I). But now the dealer is telling me that for some reason Ford only pulls retail Ranger orders once a month instead of weekly. 

7 hours ago, FL_Engineer said:

My dealer screwed my preorder up and ordered an XLT instead of the Lariat I signed for in my buyers order (we had gone back and forth before settling on the lariat). They've been cool about it since I have an email chain that backs me up and it's clear as day on the buyers order, but they had to order my Lariat as a retail order. They put it in as priority 12 but now I've worried it will be delayed as they tell me Ford only pulls retail orders once a month for scheduling.  My dealer is one of the larger ones in the area the deals in volume so I am hoping they have allocation. I have the VIN on the preorder and it's scheduled for delivery in 55 days! Anyone have any info on when they usually pull the retail orders, just looking for a VIN so I can track it on my own?

BTW, thanks to everyone on here; this thread has let me speak with my dealer like a pro :)  

The only vehicle lines that are using the new scheduling system are Fusion and Escape. All the Dealer Stock Orders are scheduled the first week and Retail Orders are scheduled all remaining weeks. Dealers configure all their Stock Orders when they do their monthly wholesale allocation meeting and all those orders are scheduled the next week. For about three days prior to the Stock Orders being scheduled, Dealers can make minor changes (Color & Trim) only. Retail Orders are then scheduled for each of the subsequent weeks.

Retail 2019 Ranger orders will not start to schedule until the "OK to Buy" status is achieved which requires five consecutive days of production with zero defects. Any time a defect is discovered the clock resets to zero until there are five consecutive days of production with zero defects. Once the "OK to Buy" status is achieved both Dealer Stock and Retail Orders will schedule weekly, not monthly.

2019 Ranger Retail Orders are scheduled using a Retail Order Verification System that requires the Dealer to upload a copy of the customer's signed Buyer's Order and Driver's License for verification before the Retail Order will be approved for scheduling. There is also a $750 incentive from Ford for 2019 Ranger Retail Orders placed by January 2, 2019. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, ice-capades said:

All the Dealer Stock Orders are scheduled the first week and Retail Orders are scheduled all remaining weeks. Dealers configure all their Stock Orders when they do their monthly wholesale allocation meeting and all those orders are scheduled the next week.

I'm thinking the dealer misspoke and they put the second order in as a dealer stock order since they couldn't recall my original retail order without losing my spot. They already told me they aren't worried about the XLT as they will have no problem selling it. I've been getting my info straight from the Business Manager since I'm doing X-Plan so you'd think it would be somewhat accurate.   

17 minutes ago, icecoffee76 said:

How does the 2.3L estimated combined mpg of 23 compare with actual driving?

That would be hard to answer since nobody has taken delivery of one yet.   But the new generation of ecoboosts like the 3.5L in my 2018 F150 seem to be a lot better.   My truck is rated at 18/21/25 and I routinely see 25-28 on the highway and 21-22 in mixed driving.

I expect the Ranger real world mpg to be close to the EPA estimates when driven appropriately.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) here's the latest information on the 2019 Ranger production schedule.

• TBD - 2019MY Fleet Final Order Due Date
  • TBD - 2019MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • TBD - 2019MY Balance Out Date

FYI... 2019 Ranger brochures should be available for Dealers to order within the next week and available at dealerships about 3 weeks after orders are placed via the Ford eStore.

40 minutes ago, SVOGT said:

I thought the dealers had brochures?  I only took a paint one but could've sworn there were others. 

Dealers had copies of the 2019 Ranger Packaging Guide and 2019 Ranger Preview Guide but not the regular product brochures that are available for the public. The brochures are not normally available until after vehicle production has started and final emission testing, etc. is completed for proper disclosure.