2019 Ranger Production Information

ice-capades

For us folks in the north heated side mirrors are a must. But you have to get a Lariat to get them.

That IS a problem ! I will bet, the wiring is in the door. You probably just need the heated mirror itself and wiring. If they don't change this and add it to lower level option packages, the within a year you will see a lot of aftermarket people selling "upgrade" kits.

When you live in the snow/freezing rain belt, heated mirrors are a God-send !

Edited by theoldwizard
  • Like 1

That IS a problem ! I will bet, the wiring is in the door. You probably just need the heated mirror itself and wiring. If they don't change this and add it to lower level option packages, the within a year you will see a lot of aftermarket people selling "upgrade" kits.

When you live in the snow/freezing rain belt, heated mirrors are a God-send !

this is true. I can live with the rear window defrost on my Focus being broken (right side contact broke off, fixed it 3 times, not doing it again) but Im glad the heated mirrors still work.
  • Like 1

Only one of my fleet has heated mirrors and I'm definitely in the "Frozen North". I've never missed them on the vehicles that don't have it. If it's fogged/glazed over with ice I just stick my head out the window to back up. Most days I don't have to backup until I've been on the road for long enough to naturally defrost the mirror so it's not an issue at all.

• Like 1

2019 Ford Ranger Retail Order Verification Program (ROVP)

SUMMARY
The order bank for the all-new 2019 Ford Ranger is now open. The order bank opened and pricing was released on 08/13/2018. Retail orders will be processed through the Retail Order Verification Program (ROVP). ROVP is a tool that allows customers to place an approved order for the 2019 Ranger through their local dealership. In return, the dealers will receive these approved orders above allocation and receive priority scheduling.

PRE-ORDER
Interest and demand for the Ranger is expected to be high. As such, we have enhanced the Ranger Build and Price tool located at https://shop.ford.com/build/rangerto allow a customer to “Pre-Order” a new Ranger. Interested customers can specify the Ranger configuration they are interested in and select the “Pre-Order” link to generate a Hot Lead that is sent to your dealership. Dealers should follow up with the customer to assist in placing a Pre-Order.

ROVP ORDER PROCESS

•  Customer places eligible retail order for 2019 Ford Ranger through their local dealership
  •  Dealership will enter retail order into ROVP website located at https://cni.dealerconnection.com
  •  ROVP order will go through verification process

PLEASE NOTE: Only verified retail pre-orders will be scheduled for production once OKTB is achieved. To help process the order more efficiently, please be sure to submit all required documentation as defined below.
 When the 2019 Ranger achieves OKTB then the ROVP orders will begin to be scheduled for production

PLEASE NOTE: The retail orders submitted through ROVP will not be scheduled for production earlier than January 2019. As a result, dealership allocated stock orders could begin arriving PRIOR to the retail pre-orders. Dealerships should be aware of this to help manage customer expectations regarding order timing.

• After OKTB, the customer’s vehicle will be built and shipped to the dealership for delivery to the customer
  • Vehicle status will be available through the vehicle visibility tool

PLEASE NOTE: Not all configurations will be available at launch. Additional details will be provided by your Sales Zone Manager to manage customer expectations.

ROVP COMMUNICATION PROCESS AND TIMELINE
August 13, 2018 Order Banks open and pricing announced
 August 13th-OKTB (tentative January 2019) Pre-ordering period

January 2019 Tentative 2019 Ranger OKTB
 January 2019 Earliest date that retail orders can begin the scheduling process
 Q1-Q2 2019 Expected delivery of retail order vehicles to Dealerships

• Like 1

We met with our Ford Zone Manager and I asked about initial allocation for the Ranger. The answer was that there was so little "system fill" (initial) allocation received by the New York Region that none of the 12 dealers in our zone got any Ranger allocation! When I asked if we could expect to get at least some Ranger allocation at next month's wholesale allocation meeting, the answer was that it could be at least another month or two! The only other information was that initial production will be limited to the high end trim (Lariat) models.

As such, it now sounds like most DEalers won't see stock Ranger inventory on the ground until at least next April!

• 2 weeks later...

Just reviewed our dealership's new allocation schedule and found that our Ford Zone Manager got us allocation for (1) 2019 Ranger. The allocation is for the scheduling that will be done the week of 10/01/2018 for production the week of 12/19/2018.

Startup scheduling for the 2019 Ranger will start the week of 09/17/2018. Until the Okay to Buy has been achieved, retail orders will not be selected for scheduling. Only retail orders that have been verified through the Retail Order Verification Program will be selected for scheduling.

We were told at the wholesale allocation meeting that there was so little initial startup allocation that only a few dealers would get any at all. Also, that there would be little allocation for the next few months.

That makes sense. Ive talked to a couple of people over there in final. PP builds happened the last 2 weeks and even though the numbers the company was asking for was very low (like 29 a day or something like that) most of the time they were very lucky to hit 15. It was usually around 8-9.

Its going to be a very slow launch. Very critical to get it right the first time and not have to be chasing issues down. I have no doubt things will get rolling quickly though. Theyre going to want to build up some Ranger inventory before the Bronco launch slows things down again.

• Like 1

I don't know what the sticker was but I bought a 1990 SWB just like that (manual 2.3L w/chrome wheels, sliding rear window, cassette and chrome bumper) for $7995.

Found my order sheet, paid $12,271.00 before tax and license.

Don't remember what I paid. I was getting fleet pricing back then. I ordered this one, could not find a regular cab with power windows/door locks on the lot. This one did have the AOD transmission, tow package, cruise/tilt and air. I still think it's a fine looking truck today.

The pic is of my '85 XLT 4x4, 2.8L V6 with the AOD. Bad combo, engine did not have enough power to support the AOD and 4wd.

post-30007-0-09996000-1536819263_thumb.jpg

Edited by T hawker

• 2 weeks later...