2019 Ranger Production Information

ice-capades

If you have no need for 4x4, then don't buy it.

Take that $4k extra for 4x4 and invest it (or don't pay interest if financing) and you will have more left over than the depreciation hit you take when selling. That doesn't count (slightly) cheaper insurance, lower fuel cost (better MPG on 4x2), and less maintenance (thought 4x4 maintenance is rather minimal).

That's the way I'm leaning. Just get the 3.73 Locker and I should be fine for the weather here in Greenville and what "I plan" on doing with it over the next few years.

• Like 1

I am getting out of an F-150 SuperCrew Lariat with 4-wheel drive. I kayak fish in the Gulf every weekend. Some launches require me to go down narrow and sometimes muddy roads for as far as 11 miles, so I want the piece of mind I get with 4-wheel drive. If I have to head north during the winter on a trip it will be helpful. Sometimes sandy areas can get soft at some of our launch points. Worth the extra expense for me. :)

Just put my order in Super Crew 4x4 501A, Trailer Tow, Running Boards, Keypad entry. Now wait a month to see it scheduled, 3 months to build date, then hope to get it in 5 months. Maybe I'll be alive then LOL

Retail orders wont be scheduled until the OK TO BUY is given, and since this is a major launch in what is essentially a new plant given the amount of retooling required might be longer than the typical week or 2 into production.

I ordered mine Friday salesman told me it would be around Christmas before it would be here let’s hope sooner

The 2019MY Ranger Job #1 Date isn't until 11/26/2018. With the expected slow ramp up for an all-new model, it could easily take 4-6 weeks before the "OK to Buy" status (5 consecutive days of production with zero defects) is achieved which is when the initial shipping release is issued and retail orders will start to schedule. As such, I wouldn't be surprised to see the "OK to Buy" status reached until January and Dealer stock orders to arrive in February. As such, you could be looking at March 2019. It could be sooner but it's all speculation until production actually starts.

I ordered mine Friday salesman told me it would be around Christmas before it would be here lets hope sooner

That definitely aint happening. Retooling construction is so far behind schedule that preproduction builds were delayed 2 weeks. Was supposed to start 8/13 but now isnt starting until next Monday. It absolutely would not shock me to see the job 1 date pushed back until December sometime, or even January because of the holiday break.
  • Like 1

Those of you who have ordered, is price being discussed?

I called a dealer in SoCal who said that they couldn't order or price out a build yet, which I thought was odd..

My pre-order sheet I got from my dealer had pricing on it including all the plan prices. I really do not expect to get it before Lat feb or march.

Kinda what I thought the wait will be worth it I’m curious how the ne 4 cylinder will perform

Based on the MKC and Mustang - very very well. Way better than the old Ranger and probably better than the 2.0L Diesel.

Hi d-rail sir, test drive a 2018 or 2019 Mustang with 2.3L engine and 10-speed automatic transmission if you get a chance. I did that and found the powertrain very satisfactory.

My '04 Ranger has the 2.3L non-turbo 4-cylinder and 5-speed manual transmission.

• Like 2

Tow rating is not in the order guide. For us folks in the north heated side mirrors are a must. But you have to get a Lariat to get them. That's the biggest problem I see in the packaging.

That information will be in the 2019 RV & Trailer Towing Guide which has not been released yet. I'll upload a copy when it becomes available.

• Like 1