2019 Ranger Production Information

ice-capades

Per yesterday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) here's the production timetable for the 2019 Ford Ranger.

• 08/13/2018 - 2019MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 09/13/2018 - 2019MY Scheduling Begins
  • 11/26/2018 - 2019MY Job #1 Date

The 2019 Ford Ranger Order Guide will be released to Dealers on or about the date that the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) opens and will be uploaded to the Order Guide Section as soon as it's available.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

They used the Focus RS block as a starting point, not the Mustang.

Yeah I read that in articles that talked about the engine that was being used as starting point. Forged crankshaft being used for instance. I just hope they get the problem with head found in RS dealt with, which I'm sure they will. I won't be surprised if more than 375 horsepower and at least 350 torque which is much more than any factory Ranger engine ever offered.

Oh was not aware that was the issue. I had thought it was a flaw with engineering which meant the head gasket would have to be re-engineered. Not sure why I thought that but I seen frustrations from few owners here on this forum with that issue. I guess a quick Google check would have told me it was just a wrong gasket.

• 3 months later...

I hope Ford is not doing away with the Keypad entry - the greatest feature ever for those who like to play in deep snow and mountain bike in the forest. Last thing you want to do is carry a high tech key fob that cost hundreds to replace, never mind you're not going home when done playing.

Edited by Kev-Mo
  • Like 1

I hope Ford is not doing away with the Keypad entry - the greatest feature ever for those who like to play in deep snow and mountain bike in the forest. Last thing you want to do is carry a high tech key fob that cost hundreds to replace, never mind you're not going home when done playing.

Not to mention Fords key fobs for push button start are GIGANTIC.

Seriously, my father in law has a 2010 Mazda CX-5 with push start ignition and the fob is 1/4 the size of the one for my 2018 Fusion.

Ridiculous

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

When I said a little more than a month from now, I was referring to the date when supposedly dealers could start taking/placing orders. I was aware that production wouldn't begin until November.

As Fuzzy stated, there won't be any advertising until shipping starts but possibly when production starts. In any event, Rangers won't arrive at dealerships until at least January 2019 and more likely February 2019.

I'm pretty sure we will be seeing some kind of announcements soon within a couples months regarding the engine power figures, payload and towing capacities, and maybe even EPA fuel economy ratings. There should also be some kind of pricing info announced soon as it gets closer to the dealer order date too, I'm hoping.

• Like 2

Huh? As a consumer wanting to buying one, why wouldn't there be any hype/advertising if I was able to walk into a dealer and order one in August ???

Because most buyers want to go into the showroom and touch and drive one. If you advertise it now, they see it and want to buy it but when they go to the dealer find out it’s not available for several months they lose interest.

Basically any advertising now would be wasted and just piss people off.

• Like 1

Don't post here much, but do follow this forum. Already told the General Manager of my local Ford store I will be in after the order guides come out to order my Ranger. I'm not worried about driving it or touching it first. Never owned a Ranger, but sold them in the dealership. This new Ranger is based on proven results from the overseas production/sales, so I am not worried. Will probably have 230,000 miles on my 2004 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat by the time I get the Ranger. It will be great going from a 4 speed automatic and 19mpg to a 10-speed and somewhere around 30mpg. Just hope the standard bumpers are color keyed on the Lariat like some of the XLT pictures released. ;)

I wouldn't expect 30 mpg. I have a F150 with the 3.5LEB and I'm getting 22 (which is really good). I think 25-26 would be more realistic.

Our 2.3EB Explorer is capable of 25 or so on the freeway, but with my lead-foot wife driving it mostly, it only averages about 17 mpg. Which is much better than the 12 mpg she averaged with her Expedition EL.

Our 2.3EB Explorer is capable of 25 or so on the freeway, but with my lead-foot wife driving it mostly, it only averages about 17 mpg. Which is much better than the 12 mpg she averaged with her Expedition EL.

Thats about what Im expecting for the Ranger, maybe slightly better since its basically a brand new engine.
  • Like 1