Custom Search

2019 Lincoln Aviator Introduced Here !

Welcome to Blue Oval Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Blue Oval Forums.  You must first register to create topics and post replies. Registration is a quick and easy process and only takes a minute.  Be apart of Blue Oval Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images
  • Use the Shout feature and more. . .
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2019 Edge Production Information

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   ford5

ford5

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Joined 25-June 18
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Edge

Posted 25 June 2018 - 01:25 PM

Thanks, akirby.  My frustration with Ford, and many other manufacturers, continues.  We want all of the safety features we can get and don't want the vista roof.  But Ford, in their infinite wisdom (greed), only packages the enhanced park assist and front camera with the vista roof in the Titanium 301A equipment group.  I understand that for some an extra $1,000 doesn't matter when spending that much for a vehicle but for us it could be a deal breaker.  Seems to me they could simply keep the vista roof as a stand alone option for all trim levels but that makes too much sense.  I'll be interested in how my dealer will discount for an unwanted vista roof.  We love the Edge but dislike corporate greed forcing unwanted options to get safety features.

• 2b2 and Jimm44 like this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 ONLINE   akirby

akirby

fordmantpw's alter ego

• 29,559 posts
  • Joined 18-April 06
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2018 F150 Supercab XLT Magnetic Grey 3.5LEB

Posted 25 June 2018 - 01:59 PM

It's not corporate greed so much as it's about simplifying dealer stock and reducing the number of combinations.  I bet loaded Titanium buyers opt for the vista roof at least 80% of the time (maybe 90%).  That said I personally think they should have made a couple of other options standard on Titanium and made the vista roof optional on all SEL and Titaniums.

Edited by akirby, 25 June 2018 - 02:00 PM.

2018 F150 Supercab XLT Sport (Magnetic) - 3.5LEB
2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve (Luxe/Cappucino)

#23 OFFLINE   fuzzymoomoo

fuzzymoomoo

Blue Oval Enthusiast

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,761 posts
  • Joined 18-February 14
  • Current Vehicle:2008 Focus, 2018 Fusion

Posted 25 June 2018 - 02:03 PM

I will continue to say this until the day I die

Sunroof/vista roof should ALWAYS be a standalone option
  • Jimm44 and ford5 like this
Officially a disgruntled Ford Employee

#24 OFFLINE   ford5

ford5

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Joined 25-June 18
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Edge

Posted 25 June 2018 - 03:23 PM

I have no problem with simplifying dealer stock.  But!! if I want to order a Titanium Edge with all safety features and no vista roof I should be able to do so.  I get it but in the end the customer is forced to buy options he wouldn't normally buy in order to get options he wants.

#25 ONLINE   akirby

akirby

fordmantpw's alter ego

• 29,559 posts
  • Joined 18-April 06
  • Current Vehicle:2018 F150 Supercab XLT Magnetic Grey 3.5LEB

Posted 25 June 2018 - 03:47 PM

I have no problem with simplifying dealer stock.  But!! if I want to order a Titanium Edge with all safety features and no vista roof I should be able to do so.  I get it but in the end the customer is forced to buy options he wouldn't normally buy in order to get options he wants.

A few buyers are forced to do that, but it also helps the 80+% of customers who do want it because it makes it easier to find what they want in stock.  Dealers may or may not order them that way if it's optional.   That said I still think it should be optional because it's something some people really don't want as opposed to other options that they can just ignore.

When we bought our 2016 MKX we could not find one in stock with the options we wanted and therefore ended up not getting the Technology package which should have been standard on a Reserve.

2018 F150 Supercab XLT Sport (Magnetic) - 3.5LEB
2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve (Luxe/Cappucino)

#26 OFFLINE   NYT

NYT

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Joined 16-June 16
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • Current Vehicle:Edge Titanium

Posted 12 September 2018 - 08:25 PM

I will continue to say this until the day I die

Sunroof/vista roof should ALWAYS be a standalone option

Agreed.  I understand less combinations = more efficiency for Ford = lower cost to consumer, but for a higher priced option that is a bit niche, they should not be trying to force adoption on it.

I also understand that stats may show that most buyers of the premium model trims will accept more premium options/packages, but those stats don't capture how many people purchased it begrudgingly or how many people they down-sold to the lower model/trim... or most importantly, how many to another brand.

My favourite is being required to buy the massive 301A technology package in the Titanium in order to have the option to add body covered ground effects.  The only relation is that they're screwing you because they can.  Not me bub.

Edited by NYT, 15 September 2018 - 09:37 PM.

2017 Edge Titanium

#27 OFFLINE   ice-capades

ice-capades

Ford Dealer Advertising & Inventory Manager

• 2,901 posts
  • Joined 25-July 01
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2018 Mustang EcoBoost Fastback

Posted 01 October 2018 - 05:28 PM

Updated 2019 Edge Order Guide has been uploaded to the Order Guide Section. This update includes the Fuel Economy ratings.

Custom Search

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service | DMCA ·