2019 Edge Production Information

ice-capades

I will continue to say this until the day I die

Sunroof/vista roof should ALWAYS be a standalone option

Agreed. I understand less combinations = more efficiency for Ford = lower cost to consumer, but for a higher priced option that is a bit niche, they should not be trying to force adoption on it.

I also understand that stats may show that most buyers of the premium model trims will accept more premium options/packages, but those stats don't capture how many people purchased it begrudgingly or how many people they down-sold to the lower model/trim... or most importantly, how many to another brand.

My favourite is being required to buy the massive 301A technology package in the Titanium in order to have the option to add body covered ground effects. The only relation is that they're screwing you because they can. Not me bub.

Edited by NYT

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I agree, NYT.  I really like the Titanium Elite Package.  We're looking at a 19 Edge in Burgundy Velvet and the Elite package really dresses it up.  Once again we're forced to buy the 301A just to get the Elite package.  I hate being manipulated into spending so much more just to get something I want. As has already been posted there are absolutely no statistics that show that everyone that buys the 301A wants the Vista Roof.  They are forced into it to get the other features of the 301A just like I am forced to buy the 301A if I want the Elite package.  

I understand dealers wanting simplicity of inventory for the walk up business.  I am willing to order my vehicle as long as the price compares to what's on the lot.  With an order why can't I buy just the options I want?  In a perfect world I'd get the 301A without the Vista Roof and take that savings and buy the Elite Package.  As it stands I'll probably settle for the SEL or go to the competition.  

• 2 weeks later...

Those packages are part of the cost and margin structure for a vehicle, there's no such thing as cost itemizing anymore.  The price and value is dictated by the packages that are required to add it.  It's complicated arithmatic, but suffice it to say they know how to maximize their margins.

Personally, I want an Edge Platinum with the 2.7L but not the tightly sprung suspension and black interior of the ST.  But they know people like me will pay quite a bit more for that on Nautilus...so there we are.  

Edited by Assimilator