2019 Edge Production Information

ice-capades

Per yesterday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) here's the production timetable for the 2018/2019 Ford Edge.

• 03/29/2018 - 2018MY Fleet Final Order Due Date
  • 04/12/2018 - 2018MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 06/28/2018 - 2018MY Job Last Date

• 04/16/2018 - 2019MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 05/17/2018 - 2019MY Scheduling Begins
  • 07/09/2018 - 2019MY Job #1 Date

The 2019 Ford Edge Order Guide will be released to Dealers on or about the date that the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) opens and will be uploaded to the Order Guide Section as soon as it's available.

At the Detroit Auto Show Ford announced the 2019 Edge and the Edge ST. They also announced that th 2019Edge will have an 8 speed trans. Why would anyone buy an ‘18 if the ‘19will have better fuel economy and performance via the 8speed?

I learned a lesson with my wifes 2017 Escape. Don't buy the first year anything.

Good luck being the guinea pig with that 8-speed.

• 1 month later...

Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) here's the revised production timetable for the 2018/2019 Ford Edge.

• 05/04/2018 - 2018MY Fleet Final Order Due Date
  • 05/17/2018 - 2018MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 08/03/2018 - 2018MY Job Last Date

• 05/15/2018 - 2019MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 06/14/2018 - 2019MY Scheduling Begins
  • 08/13/2018 - 2019MY Job #1 Date

The 2019 Ford Edge Order Guide will be released to Dealers on or about the date that the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) opens and will be uploaded to the Order Guide Section as soon as it's available.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) here's the revised production timetable for the 2018/2019 Ford Edge.

• 05/04/2018 - 2018MY Fleet Final Order Due Date
  • 06/14/2018 - 2018MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 08/30/2018 - 2018MY Job Last Date

• 06/13/2018 - 2019MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 07/12/2018 - 2019MY Scheduling Begins
  • 09/04/2018 - 2019MY Job #1 Date

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks akirby, looks like that would make it sometime late October or November. I always thought the next year models showed up in September. Guess there are problems getting production going?

Another question: Is this the first time Ford is using the 8 speed trans as I'm thinking about how reliable it will be as it is so new.

Appreciate the reply's.

It is the first application of the new 8 speed. Hard to say whether it will have problems or not but I don’t expect any major issues.

New cars no longer come out in September. Some come out in early or late spring, some in the summer and some later. Basically they come out when they’re ready now. The old schedules don’t apply.

• Like 1

Was interested in the 2019 Edge but the paddle shifters were dropped, except for the AWD model. Can anyone tell me why? I drive mountain roads with 8% down grades and use the manual downshifting all the time, so without that capability it's a no go on the edge unless I go AWD. Ugh!

Thanks...

Edited by tk2fast

Was interested in the 2019 Edge but the paddle shifters were dropped, except for the AWD model. Can anyone tell me why? I drive mountain roads with 8% down grades and use the manual downshifting all the time, so without that capability it's a no go on the edge. Ugh!

Thanks...

They probably didnt see a reason to include it on non AWD versions.

I would be shocked if they didn't offer selectshift at all on FWD models. I started to say that it could use buttons on the shift lever but there is no shift lever. Hopefully that's a typo - it's not something you use all the time but if you're going up or down hills it's invaluable.

Really interested in ordering a 19 Edge to replace our 13 Edge and have a couple of questions. I know the Metallic Blue is new to the Edge but is it being used on other model? I'm really anxious to see it on an Edge. Also really hoping package bundling makes more sense than in the past. I simply refuse to pay for a moon roof in order to get other options I want.

Really interested in ordering a 19 Edge to replace our 13 Edge and have a couple of questions. I know the Metallic Blue is new to the Edge but is it being used on other model? I'm really anxious to see it on an Edge. Also really hoping package bundling makes more sense than in the past. I simply refuse to pay for a moon roof in order to get other options I want.

It was a new color across the board for 2018. It is on the Focus, C-Max, Fusion (I have one myself in that color), Escape, Edge and I think F-series.

This is my car post-51555-0-32757200-1529952517_thumb.jpeg

edit to point out not my house.

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

Thanks, akirby. My frustration with Ford, and many other manufacturers, continues. We want all of the safety features we can get and don't want the vista roof. But Ford, in their infinite wisdom (greed), only packages the enhanced park assist and front camera with the vista roof in the Titanium 301A equipment group. I understand that for some an extra $1,000 doesn't matter when spending that much for a vehicle but for us it could be a deal breaker. Seems to me they could simply keep the vista roof as a stand alone option for all trim levels but that makes too much sense. I'll be interested in how my dealer will discount for an unwanted vista roof. We love the Edge but dislike corporate greed forcing unwanted options to get safety features.

• Like 2

It's not corporate greed so much as it's about simplifying dealer stock and reducing the number of combinations. I bet loaded Titanium buyers opt for the vista roof at least 80% of the time (maybe 90%). That said I personally think they should have made a couple of other options standard on Titanium and made the vista roof optional on all SEL and Titaniums.

Edited by akirby

I have no problem with simplifying dealer stock. But!! if I want to order a Titanium Edge with all safety features and no vista roof I should be able to do so. I get it but in the end the customer is forced to buy options he wouldn't normally buy in order to get options he wants.

I have no problem with simplifying dealer stock. But!! if I want to order a Titanium Edge with all safety features and no vista roof I should be able to do so. I get it but in the end the customer is forced to buy options he wouldn't normally buy in order to get options he wants.

A few buyers are forced to do that, but it also helps the 80+% of customers who do want it because it makes it easier to find what they want in stock. Dealers may or may not order them that way if it's optional. That said I still think it should be optional because it's something some people really don't want as opposed to other options that they can just ignore.

When we bought our 2016 MKX we could not find one in stock with the options we wanted and therefore ended up not getting the Technology package which should have been standard on a Reserve.