Poor Corporate Customer Relationship

Jdobiecki

After being an extremely loyal Ford Motor Company customer for many years (F150, Lincoln LS-bought new and now a 2012 Edge, also bought new) I am finally done with Fords. Even though there seems to be a lot of issues with the Edge's transmission I covered the cost of leaking seals on the Edge's transmission (PTU) when the car was a little over 4 years old, and with < 50K miles (~$1100).

Now I have to cover the cost to replace the Ford Syn unit's APIM (now at 63K miles). The issue here is that Ford recognizes the unit has problems (as do all of us who have used this unit) and extended the Warranty to 5 yrs. At 5 yrs and 9 month I got the "Black Screen of Death". When I contacted Ford motor company they responded to the dealer by saying that they, the dealer, should cover the costs using their "good will funds". Of course the dealer said they don't have any funds left. So I pursued it further with Ford Customer Service, especially since the SAME part in the comparable Lincoln is 6 years). After several weeks of trying to understand why Ford owners are being treated as 2nd class citizens I was finally told there was nothing they could do. Lincoln was a different "company" and has "different" warranty policies. So it doesn't matter that the parts the same. Even though they expected the dealer to make good using their own funds, corporate was turning their back on the issue.

Well that's it. I'm going get this fixed Out of Pocket (again, I expect this to be a > $1000 bill), will trade in the Edge (which up until year 4, I thought I was happy with) for a Chevy or Dodge, repeat this post through several social media channels and I will never ever deal with Ford again.

Lincoln owner's pay extra for longer warranties. And if you think you won't have a similar issue with Dodge or Chevy you are sadly mistaken.

You had the option to purchase a 7 yr/100K mile warranty. You chose not to and now you want the company to cover it for free which is ridiculous.

• Like 1