Offical 2019 Ranger thread

As I said in the now closed thread, disappointed in the design, disappointed in the powertrain, concerned about Bronco.

Why? Styling isn't awful-slightly disappointing, but then again.

Powertrain, not going to worry about it-far too many people have the mentality that bigger is better and I'm sure we'll see something bigger in the Ranger Raptor

Not sweating the Bronco since its more or less a clean sheet design.

• Like 1

Here's all the trims from Mike Levine:

https://twitter.com/mrlevine/status/952424488829968384

Ugh. Why do the Sport models have that stupid silver insert in the front bumper? Why not have it black? Just like the Escape.

I can see it now. The black interior will have a beige headliner. I swear every Ford person that has anything to do with color schemes needs to be fired. Their color combinations are atrocious.

It looks good. I think the seperate bumper really helps the scale of the grille. It looks like it fits now where as on the blue ranger we saw it looked too small and dainty. I think the darker treatment on the trim also helps. Wish they would have changed the tailgate but at least the word ranger is the same color as the truck which helps it blend in a bit. I like that they are using the instrument panel that the fusion and edge use. I use those 2 little lcd screens all the time and I prefer it much more to what my escape or f150 has. I think I like the xlt grille the best. Wonder what the fx2 will look like?

Edited by T-dubz

There seems to be some confusion about the amount of aluminum body parts. TFL's video says hood and tailgate only. Others have said front fenders as well. I would be surprised if the fenders are aluminum since they don't look any different from the ROW truck and I doubt those were or are going to be AL.

I also wonder if they will offer multiple power levels for the 2.3. I would be surprised if a 2WD supercab XL gets the exact same drivetrain as a 4WD crewcab Lariat. I do not expect the same numbers as the Mustang EB. This is a truck and needs to have the appropriate power band(s). I would expect something closer to the Explorer 2.3 numbers which might put this truck at a slight disadvantage when compared to its competition. Hopefully the Ranger will get something in between the Mustang and Explorer. Maybe the best scenario would be if they offer both...Explorer tune for the lower trim levels and something closer to the Mustang tune for the higher trim levels.

Why? Styling isn't awful-slightly disappointing, but then again.

I can't put my finger on it, but it looks more like it should be a Honda/VW truck.

Powertrain, not going to worry about it-far too many people have the mentality that bigger is better and I'm sure we'll see something bigger in the Ranger Raptor

Will be interesting to see how the four banger does towing, which would be my reason for getting a truck. (Both in terms of capability, but also efficiency). If we get a Raptor and it has a different mill, the Raptor has also not traditionally been aimed at towing.

Not sweating the Bronco since its more or less a clean sheet design.

I'm not concerned about the style. I'm concerned about the powertrain.

• Like 1

That video proves it. Black interior with beige headliner. You can see it at 0:49.

Fire them all. That decision is even dumber than having chrome badges on a Sport model.

I have a feeling they use a light color headliner to make the interior feel larger. While using a beige one is dumb with black, I thought it looked slightly more gray which isnt that bad.

It looks good. I think the seperate bumper really helps the scale of the grille. It looks like it fits now where as on the blue ranger we saw it looked too small and dainty. I think the darker treatment on the trim also helps. Wish they would have changed the tailgate but at least the word ranger is the same color as the truck which helps it blend in a bit. I like that they are using the instrument panel that the fusion and edge use. I use those 2 little lcd screens all the time and I prefer it much more to what my escape or f150 has. I think I like the xlt grille the best. Wonder what the fx2 will look like?

I am just the opposite-hate that they don't have a few more gauges. For the record, I don't currently own any FMC products but rent them a lot and never use the pod on the right. it is duplicated on the center stack. Plus I hate the 50 buttons on the steering wheel-they need to move volume and media to the back. Way easier to keep track of-In my opinion.

I am just the opposite-hate that they don't have a few more gauges. For the record, I don't currently own any FMC products but rent them a lot and never use the pod on the right. it is duplicated on the center stack. Plus I hate the 50 buttons on the steering wheel-they need to move volume and media to the back. Way easier to keep track of-In my opinion.

The left POD can be changed to show Temp and RPM. Two most critical.

That video proves it. Black interior with beige headliner. You can see it at 0:49.

Fire them all. That decision is even dumber than having chrome badges on a Sport model.

The lighter color is to brighten up the interior at night. While I agree it doesn't flow well with a dark gray interior ( lets face it isn't black)

Will be interesting to see how the four banger does towing, which would be my reason for getting a truck. (Both in terms of capability, but also efficiency). If we get a Raptor and it has a different mill, the Raptor has also not traditionally been aimed at towing.

My thoughts exactly. I was hoping for something to replace my eleven year old, 150,000 mile plus V8 Sport Trac. That has been an extremely versatile truck. I would never have kept it this long otherwise. I am skeptical that this Ranger with this drivetrain can do everything the Trac can. My hope was that the 2.7 EB would be an option on all trim levels. That would have been perfect IMO but I guess they were too worried that it would step on the F-150's toes. Can't have that.

If the rumors are true about a possible Raptor having a coil spring rear suspension that would probably compromise its towing capabilities compared to the standard leaf spring setup but I guess I am not as concerned about that as I am the engine. My Trac has a coil spring IRS and it tows just fine. I don't tow a lot of weight very often but when I do I don't want to hear a screaming 4 banger. Sorry, but it is what it is.

I'm going to wait to see this in person. It still looks "soft" and has the style of something a generation ago (which we know it kinda is). But, I know pics and videos don't always do vehicles justice. This is right around the pickup size I want to get. So it is going to be between this, the Colorado and the Scrambler. But I am going to wait until all three are out. So I've got a good year to go.

Edited by Anthony