Offical 2019 Ranger thread

Some time early last week. Theyre currently in the conference room for display at the plant. Its very misleading, it wasnt actually built on the line, just at the MAP complex. Theres 2 of them and they were mostly hand built. Edited by fuzzymoomoo

Some time early last week. Theyre currently in the conference room for display at the plant. Its very misleading, it wasnt actually built on the line, just at the MAP complex. Theres 2 of them and they were mostly hand built.

Rumor has it one of the them has a manual trans. Any truth to that?

Yes, but its not a US spec one.

So let me guess, they took a couple of completed T6's, removed all the body parts that are changing for the NA truck and replaced those with prototype NA body parts? Probably checking fit and finish of the new parts on the cab since it doesn't look like there are any major changes to the cab itself.

• Like 1

So let me guess, they took a couple of completed T6's, removed all the body parts that are changing for the NA truck and replaced those with prototype NA body parts? Probably checking fit and finish of the new parts on the cab since it doesn't look like there are any major changes to the cab itself.

No, theres 3 Rangers sitting in the conference room at MAP right now. 2 US models (a super cab and a super crew) and one foreign market one. The 2 US Rangers were built entirely in the MAP complex. They are 100% US models.

Are all of the body parts steel? I heard that the show trucks at the NAIAS had some fiberglass parts...I assume that was because the stamping dies for the steel parts were not ready yet?

the hood and tailgate are aluminum like planned as far as I know. Theyre exactly the way they will be rolling off the line in November except for whatever tweaks that need to be made. Edited by fuzzymoomoo

Any chance of getting a look underneath? Curious which axles are under these ones. Do they have the ROW style with the removable differential carrier (Banjo) or do they have the rear cover plate like an 8.8 or Dana 44 (M220)?

The other obvious question is do the two NA trucks have the 2.3 EB?

Any chance of getting a look underneath? Curious which axles are under these ones. Do they have the ROW style with the removable differential carrier (Banjo) or do they have the rear cover plate like an 8.8 or Dana 44 (M220)?

The other obvious question is do the two NA trucks have the 2.3 EB?

I can try and look if I get a chance. Didnt look that in depth when I was in there the other day. Not sure how much longer theyll be there

Of course they have the 2.3, its the only engine! ;)

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

digging the truck...but once again...their marketing is questionable and conservative to a fault....look at the colors avail...the LATEST hot ticket right now are shades of non metallic, which appeals immensely to the younger crowd...come on Ford, some of these decision makers need to retire...wheres the Lead Foot FX2/ 4 ?????so many wasted opportunities IMO...Fords in desperate need of some pizzazz.....the 19 Edge also just looks like a larger ho hum Escape....clean, but nothing noteworthy...

Edited by Deanh
  • Like 1

digging the truck...but once again...their marketing is questionable and conservative to a fault....look at the colors avail...the LATEST hot ticket right now are shades of non metallic, which appeals immensely to the younger crowd...come on Ford, some of these decision makers need to retire...wheres the Lead Foot FX2/ 4 ?????so many wasted opportunities IMO...Fords in desperate need of some pizzazz.....the 19 Edge also just looks like a larger ho hum Escape....clean, but nothing noteworthy...

Even the mustang almost feels like a mom car IMO.... especially the vert. Nothing from ford has any balls, except for the raptor. F150 is tough, but boring. Escape, Explorer.... nice but painfully unexciting.

Hopefully ford wakes up gives us something worth reving our motors.

Probowler

I am curious, which mass market manufacturer producer recently released such a vehicle, the one I think would fall in that category might be the Kia Stinger, but even though praised by the media, I doubt in will sell in reasonable number, never mind a hit. As for two box Utes, there are two directions, boxy jeep or smooth soft road urban. Right now looks like smooth urban is far more popular that boxy off road except with bros. we will see if the changes to the jeep widen its appeal.

• Like 1