Offical 2019 Ranger thread

Was pleasantly surprised to see the Ranger at the DC Auto Show today, along with the Bullit Mustang, since I don't usually think of this show having anything not currently in the lots. The truck wasn't open and I didn't jump the guard rail to fondle it, but I got a good look.

Have to say I was very pleased by what I saw. It's a really good looking truck in person and left a very favorable impression compared to the competitors elsewhere on the floor. The Tacoma still hides it's Mass well enough to look the most "light" in the segment, which is either good or bad depending upon your preference, but the rest just looked second rate compared to the Ranger. The GM twins in particular where severely "meh," With only the ZR2 really catching the eye at all. If the performance and features match up, this truck is going to be getting a lot of business.

Edited by Moosetang
  • Like 3

Was pleasantly surprised to see the Ranger at the DC Auto Show today, along with the Bullit Mustang, since I don't usually think of this show having anything not currently in the lots. The truck wasn't open and I didn't jump the guard rail to fondle it, but I got a good look.

Have to say I was very pleased by what I saw. It's a really good looking truck in person and left a very favorable impression compared to the competitors elsewhere on the floor. The Tacoma still hides it's Mass well enough to look the most "light" in the segment, which is either good or bad depending upon your preference, but the rest just looked second rate compared to the Ranger. The GM twins in particular where severely "meh," With only the ZR2 really catching the eye at all. If the performance and features match up, this truck is going to be getting a lot of business.

Was it the same two they had at naias or did they have another one? Id love to see some more real life pics of it in different models/colors

Was it the same two they had at naias or did they have another one? Id love to see some more real life pics of it in different models/colors

Was a blue Lariat Sport. I don't know if it was one of the two on the floor at Detroit or one from the photo shoots, but the Bullit and Edge ST also at the show seem to have been NAIAS veterans.

Was a blue Lariat Sport. I don't know if it was one of the two on the floor at Detroit or one from the photo shoots, but the Bullit and Edge ST also at the show seem to have been NAIAS veterans.

It was not. The 2 at NAIAS were that orange Super Crew from the reveal and a Magnetic Grey Super cab that was upstairs with the rest of the pickup trucks
  • Like 1

You can tell that this must have been a late decision by Ford NA to include Ranger,

probably after the CY2018 Global upgrade was done, so maybe just added what

they could to get a truck for North America as a place holder, a bit like Expedition?

An MCE is usually good for around three years so maybe an all new T6 by about CY 2021

Edited by jpd80