Offical 2019 Ranger thread

Anybody notice the pictures had two separate CHMSLs? I'm guessing the one on the orange truck is the final one.

outdoor-ranger-23-1.jpg

021-ranger-351-aa-1f-1.jpg

I wonder if the wider one with the built-in cargo lights is for the higher trim levels? Or maybe part of a convenience group option? NA only? Didn't the Asian market blue truck have the same CHMSL as the white truck?

But will they? A bunch of the NA body panels are already different (look at the wheel wells--they have sharp creases and flat arches, ala F150, where the ROW Rangers have curves). If they thought Ranger sales could outstrip NA production capacity, I can see them wanting to be able to use the overseas plants to pull the slack, but would making the fenders, door skins, and bed side panels out of aluminum really cause any more trouble than the hood and tailgate? (Maybe it would; I don't know.)

Ok, I'll play along. What if this IS the next gen Ranger? Different body panels, different frame just to fit a different drivetrain. Doesn't that make this all the more disappointing?

• Like 1

Ok, I'll play along. What if this IS the next gen Ranger? Different body panels, different frame just to fit a different drivetrain. Doesn't that make this all the more disappointing?

I'm not sure why you're saying you'll "play along" when that has nothing to do with the question I was addressing.

Colorado is based on a third generation Isuzu D-Max with its roots in 2003, at least seven years older than T6 Ranger.

The early versions in Australia were called Holden Rodeo but Holden lost the right to that name when GM split with Isuzu.

The truck then squired the name Colorado for the third generation/ evolution of the truck that was in turn reworked by GMNA.

By that comparison, Ranger is still quite yeoung and up for the task, it's now up to actual buyers to give Ford feedback

on what else they can do (engines, versiosn).... Baby steps.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 2

No one knows what the next Gen Ranger is going to be...because it won't be out for another 3 years.

Why all the disappointment? We are basically getting the refreshed truck with modifications made for the US. I'm sure that ROW and US Ranger in three years will be alot closer to one another then they are now.

No one knows what the next Gen Ranger is going to be...because it won't be out for another 3 years.

Why all the disappointment? We are basically getting the refreshed truck with modifications made for the US. I'm sure that ROW and US Ranger in three years will be alot closer to one another then they are now.

the only 2 things Im truly disappointed with are only 1 engine option and no manual transmission, the latter of which I was expecting which makes it slightly easier to deal with.

the only 2 things Im truly disappointed with are only 1 engine option and no manual transmission, the latter of which I was expecting which makes it slightly easier to deal with.

I find the single engine option interesting-Not disappointed in it. But I fully expect something else in the Ranger Raptor once NA gets it-and not the Diesel. I'd be really suprised if its the same way when the Bronco comes on line.

Just having the 2.3L Ecoboost shows to me that Ford is firmly slotting it as a lifestyle truck and not as a fleet special

Mostly, I like it, outside of the strange shape of the cab. Pioneer nailed it with the sloping back of the cab deal. Why??

I really dont understand why it cant be both....

It will be, but not at first. Ford is going to use the pent-up demand to their benefit, and make tons of cash building only one drivetrain option and cab configuration.

Mostly, I like it, outside of the strange shape of the cab. Pioneer nailed it with the sloping back of the cab deal. Why??

It will be, but not at first. Ford is going to use the pent-up demand to their benefit, and make tons of cash building only one drivetrain option and cab configuration.

correction, 2 cab configurations

Exactly. They’ll have to add a regular cab and another wheelbase in addition to a base engine to go after the fleet sales which is expensive.

There is also a good chance they’re planning a hybrid model instead of just a base engine.

Good for Ford if they deliberately avoid fleet sales with new U.S. market Ranger. They need to be disciplined with that. Full size pickup trucks are overkill for lots of regular consumers. These folks just want a truck well suited for personal use. Ford should not have any problem selling every new Ranger they make in the U.S. to retail consumers.

This will be my next truck when I retire my '04 Ranger in a couple years. Thank you Ford for not dumbing the Ranger down for Americans and for using a steel bed. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Since Ford does build Ranger as single cab/long bed orientation elsewhere in the world, it would be nothing much more than loading the pieces on a transport ship to bring the cab and box over, put it on the NA frame with the NA snout and viola - fleet truck on the cheap!!

maxresdefault.jpg

Chassis cab anyone??

Ford_Ranger_Mk3f_SingleCab_Chassis_XL_20

Edited by twintornados
  • Like 1

If theyre serious about profitable fleet sales theyll need more than just the right cab and chassis configuration. Im guessing theyll launch all the fleet options (same as F series) in the second year. Just adding a base engine and RC/LB wouldnt be that profitable.

Edited by akirby