2019 Ford Edge Discussion (merged posts)

Ugh what's the way to post a tweet again?

[tweet]951136869772804096[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/FordPerformance/status/951136869772804096

Apparently there's a new ST vehicle coming.

With the Edge refresh set to debut, could it be in line for the ST treatment? Which would be interesting, considering it already has the Sport model.

I was trying to compare the panel the "STay tuned" is to the Edge and it's closest of anything in Ford's lineup, but is also slightly different than the current Edge, but that could just mean it's getting a new liftgate/bumper design, which isn't out of the realm of possibility (certainly the bumper).

Edited by rmc523

Edge ST makes the most sense given the mid cycle update. Too late for Escape ST and Fusion ST and too early for the new Focus ST.

Just guessing... Edge Sport + the torque vectoring AWD from MKZ (and maybe 3.0T to get to even 400hp?) = Edge ST

Edited by bzcat

US is probably getting the ST appearance package line like Europe has. Edge ST will be a 2.0L Ecoboost with the Sport Wheels and Body Cladding. ST Escape could look like the ST Kuga.

Looking at the Photo it looks like the Edge rear hatch and bumper. Maybe the Sport is becoming ST and will have the CCD suspension from the MKX. It will also eliminate the Auto Dimming mirror....

Edited by jasonj80

Might be an Escape ST based on Focus ST. Seems a little too early for an Edge ST but possible. It's definitely a utility.

If they where going to do an Escape ST, it should have launched with the minor refresh it got. Considering the Edge is getting a refresh in the next 12-18 months, that would make the most sense.

Not sure if it would get the 3L Ecoboost since that is supposed to be a Lincoln only engine?

US is probably getting the ST appearance package line like Europe has. Edge ST will be a 2.0L Ecoboost with the Sport Wheels and Body Cladding. ST Escape could look like the ST Kuga.

Looking at the Photo it looks like the Edge rear hatch and bumper. Maybe the Sport is becoming ST and will have the CCD suspension from the MKX. It will also eliminate the Auto Dimming mirror....

I don't think Ford Performance would be doing an appearance package 2.0LEB like the Euro Edge ST, especially since they already have an Edge Sport.

If it's Edge it will either be the current 2.7L or the 3.0L with CCD and torque vectoring AWD.

Might be an Escape ST based on Focus ST. Seems a little too early for an Edge ST but possible. It's definitely a utility.

The image didn't match the Escape's hatch/bumper either.

Would an Edge ST get the 3.0 from the MKZ/Continental.

I doubt it, especially considering Nautilus doesn't get the at all 3.0. Unless it will........which wasn't released in the debut (that should've been big news, not something you throw out there after the fact).

The teaser image looks most like the Fusion to me...with the ST on the lower portion of the trunk lid below the crease (the badges are above the crease in all Fusion models currently). I'd love to see a Fusion ST with the 2.7L EcoBoost, a better suspension, and a six-speed stick.

The character line/crease on the trunk does not sweep up like that on the Fusion.

2017-Ford-Fusion-Sport-rear-three-quarte

The teaser image looks most like the Fusion to me...with the ST on the lower portion of the trunk lid below the crease (the badges are above the crease in all Fusion models currently). I'd love to see a Fusion ST with the 2.7L EcoBoost, a better suspension, and a six-speed stick.

We already have that (minus the stick), it's called the Sport. Although, the Sport is "Sporty" at best.

• Like 1

My guess is Edge ST,

Ford Australia passed on the Fusion ST, hinting that it wanted similar in a utility like the Edge

so it delayed getting the Edge until the next update Currently only the 2.0 diesel is available

in RHD UK Edge - even the Sport model,

A TTV6 Edge would give Ford Australia a Utility that's unique in that market, exactly what it's looking for.

Edited by jpd80