2013 - 2015 Fusion Center Console Outlet Replacement

rp2388

Does anyone here know or can aim me in the right direction for removing the power outlet on the center console of the dash? I'm talking about the one under the radio in the little alcove. My cover broke and I'd like to replace it but from what I understand, the outlet and cover are clipped together and you need to remove both from behind.

Thanks

Its hard to explain without showing. But the cover clips into console and when the metal socket is pushed into the middle of the cover piece it spreads out two tangs on cover piece to lock it in. The cover piece also has two tangs that the metal socket clips on and holds it in.

If you look at the socket there are two punched out squares in the metal. Actually they make a tool to remove it. However I have done it with a pick and or pocket screwdriver. In the two punched out squares you will have to depress the plastic tangs and pull the socket out. Once socket is out cover piece will come out. They go back together real easy. If to have a new cover already you should be able to see what Im talking about.

You can damage the old cover piece because you are replacing it so dont be afraid to get a little rough pushing in the tabs. Once you have done it, you will totally understand how it works.

Thanks for the information. I was able to do what you said and pull the outlet and replace the cover. Once I took out the assembly, it made complete sense how everything goes together. You can't take out the cover first since the outlet and harness prevent a set of clips from being pushed in and simply pulling the cover off.