Vintage 350GT Shelby topic - 1965 & 1966

StevenOrlando

I see that this forum is almost exclusively regarding the newer 350GT Shelby but there's still a lot of interest in the original series. Here's a place to discuss them.

I road race mine here in FL and GA. It competes favorably with both the vintage cars as well as the newer small block V8 production cars in SCCA.

post-57994-0-99336000-1514930167_thumb.jpg

post-57994-0-82301300-1514930171_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I see that this forum is almost exclusively regarding the newer 350GT Shelby but there's still a lot of interest in the original series. Here's a place to discuss them.

I road race mine here in FL and GA. It competes favorably with both the vintage cars as well as the newer small block V8 production cars in SCCA.

Have I seen this car run Road Atlanta at the Walter Mitty, race? Looks very familiar....

Nope, it came from Texas where it was raced at CotA and last year we campaigned it at Sebring, Daytona, and Savannah in vintage races. There's a handful (or more) of Wimbledon White and blue-striped '65 Fastbacks out there so many look nearly identical, especially when much of the car's components come from Cobra Automotive.

• 1 year later...