2019 Ford Ranger Speculation thread

I can tell you this--it hasn't gotten above the teens here for several days, with the windchill hovering around 0*F. My F-150 took a split second longer than normal (despite sitting for almost two full days), but it still started almost immediately.

I really don't miss carburetors and chokes on days like these...

as I sit here in my car waiting for my wife to get off work its 18 Fahrenheits according to the car. Definitely warmest day of the week here so far.

It was 8 in the middle of the afternoon yesterday.

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

by that analogy, do you like the Titan as much as an f150? I mean, they are both trucks.

Im still holding out hope this is not the American version.the taillights look different from the orange one posted a few days ago.

I wonder if thats a Ranger?....looks at the tailgate. Yep. What a joke. Why not wait until the full redesign to release it in the US?

There is no full redesign, that's it until 2022.

Seriously guys,

we've seen this Ranger coming for years, Ford US is not gonna pay for an all new mid sized truck.

This is all about a truck with styling that works against the other mid sized offering.

and for god's sake remember that this is the global version of the truck, not quite the same as the US version.

Edited by jpd80

I can say with total confidence that this blue Ranger is not what the US is getting. The US Ranger will have a grille with straight sides and nostrils (at least on FX4). This one also has the ROW rear backlight but the US Ranger uses the same one as the F150. The US Ranger will also have new taillights and tailgate. I think it's safe to say that styling wise the US Ranger will have some exterior differences compared to the updated ROW Ranger.

• Like 2

I can say with total confidence that this blue Ranger is not what the US is getting. The US Ranger will have a grille with straight sides and nostrils (at least on FX4). This one also has the ROW rear backlight but the US Ranger uses the same one as the F150. The US Ranger will also have new taillights and tailgate. I think it's safe to say that styling wise the US Ranger will have some exterior differences compared to the updated ROW Ranger.

I hope youre right because if not Im going to have to make sure I keep the grille from my Focus when I trade it in just in case I hit something I can put it on the truck.

That makes more sense. The taillights and rear bumper on the baby crap brown FX4 from a few days ago were definitely different.

its the same surround as the blue truck but in a matte finish instead of polished chrome. It looks like the razor blade bars are a separate piece.

I disagree. The sides on the blue truck's grille are not vertical.

z8zg1big0zwztxvqbmzk.jpg

2019-ford-ranger-uncovered.jpg

Details are different but it is the same truck.

Tail light housing is different (lack of amber bulb/reflector in the US spec), the center high mounted brake light is integrated on the US model but tacked on the ROW Ranger. FX4 package is obviously a US market thing.

Edited by bzcat