2018 Expedition Lease payment

Journeyguy

I am trying to work out a lease payment with a dealer on an in stock fully loaded 2018 Expedition platinum model. Let me know if this is a good deal. Thanks !

MSRP: $82,020

XPLAN price - $78,381.76
MF: 2.0
Residual: 60.00%
Residual Buyout: $49,712.00
3 Year - 12,000 miles a year
Total Due at Signing: 4,327.66 Payment: $899
Includes Taxes in Full paid upfront, First Payment, and all Starts due at signing for Lease.

I am trying to work out a lease payment with a dealer on an in stock fully loaded 2018 Expedition platinum model. Let me know if this is a good deal. Thanks !

MSRP: $82,020

XPLAN price - $78,381.76

MF: 2.0

Residual: 60.00%

Residual Buyout: $49,712.00

3 Year - 12,000 miles a year

Total Due at Signing: 4,327.66 Payment: $899

Includes Taxes in Full paid upfront, First Payment, and all Starts due at signing for Lease.

I would suggest not paying taxes up front or putting any money down on a lease. If the vehicle is stolen, declared a total loss, etc., that money is down the drain. Total cost over the lease will remain pretty much the same, except for interest on the down payment which shouldn't be much. You just have to get over the natural mindset that "if the monthly payment is higher, I am paying more" (dealers love doing this to show a low monthly payment). I put zero down on leases. If purchasing, then it's a very different analysis.

Idk if xan is different on leasing vs buying but for what its worth my xplan price on a Navigator Reserve with everything except the TVs was just $5k more.

My understanding is that X plan vehicle price is the same regardless of lease/purchase, but the X-Plan pricing is different for Ford and Lincoln (Ford is invoice minus 0.4% of invoice + $275 and Lincoln is invoice plus 0.6% of invoice + $275).

Also, the pricing of the Expeditions is what made me look at the Navigator as the price difference wasn't much when the Expedition is fully loaded so your observation is spot on.

Edited by HofstraJet

My understanding is that X plan vehicle price is the same regardless of lease/purchase, but the X-Plan pricing is different for Ford and Lincoln (Ford is invoice minus 0.4% of invoice + $275 and Lincoln is invoice plus 0.6% of invoice + $275).

Correct. There could be additional incentives tied to the X plan lease but the acquisition cost of the vehicle would be the same either way.