2019 Mustang Production Information

ice-capades

36 minutes ago, Bachi said:

Okay I found out that my car was already built in December and left the plant on January 14th. So I guess I'm one of the lucky guys.

Mine should go in production on 18th of march. Probably without a steering wheel but it's not a problem for me because I was already planning to change it with the GT350 one.

Ford has been able to meet my needs even before the car was actually built: what a company! ?

Edited by Ikzz
  • Like 1

I ordered my Mustang GT premium in November. Got my vin# and my car was supposed to be produced on 1/21/2019 It was to be delivered on February 4th. I can't get anyone to tell me what is going on with my car.

The dealership won't tell me and when I track the vehicle the Date to ship goes up every day by one day. It says today shipping in 12 days.

16 hours ago, Zooks527 said:

Well, some day, this will be a status symbol - "I don't know about your car, but mine was on a track before it even had a full mile on it!"  ;)

Yeah, the Matamoros strike sure seems to have thin coverage.  I did find a couple of stories, though.

Sure does look like a great example of the Law of Unintended Consequences.

What a mess...

could I eventually ask to get the car without steering wheel but with a motorcycle bar instead? ?

44 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

It's going to be a until sometime in March when things get back to normal 

You know, as anxious as I am to have my car sooner (such as the 2/28 EDD that's been out there since December), there's something to be said about getting a car with summer performance rubber at the end of March in New England rather than at the beginning.  As much as I tell myself that I'd just let it sit in the driveway until things warm up, I can't honestly said that I'd actually do that.