2019 Mustang Production Information

ice-capades

On 2/8/2019 at 2:00 AM, Vins said:

Hi,

Could these issues (PP2, tires, weather) influence / delay also the European orders of the Bullitt?

Thanks 

Scheduling of new orders and/or production of scheduled units is all pushed back as a result of any plant "down time" since all Mustangs are produced at the Flat Rock Assembly Plant. As such, this would also affect orders for export markets.  

Hi guys,

I can already see the windowsticker for my 2019 EU-Spec Mustang. Blend date is Feb 1st 2019. Due to the downtime at the plant, will there be any correction of the date on my windowsticker?

Since I'm from germany I'm not quiet sure, if there can be any changes at the windowsticker.

Thanks for your help!

8 hours ago, EUStang4Rai said:

Yes! Dancing on the table! ? Great news! Now counting the days to a new VISTA status or some news within this great forum. Thank you!

It's not going to last long. The part shortage is steering wheels and they didn't get any in. They’re using dummy steering wheels and the cars they're building right now are immediately going out to the repair-in-waiting lot. 

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

It's not going to last long. The part shortage is steering wheels and they didn't get any in. They’re using dummy steering wheels and the cars they're building right now are immediately going out to the repair-in-waiting lot. 

Could it be any more unbelievable how incompetent product planning with suppliers could get! Steering wheels are now a supplier problem? Incredible!

48 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Could it be any more unbelievable how incompetent product planning with suppliers could get! Steering wheels are now a supplier problem? Incredible!

There's a HUGE strike going on at a bunch of Mexican plants near the US/Mexico border and I suspect that is where the effected parts are made. I posted about it in the Employee forum.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ikzz said:

First Magneride, then tyres, now steering wheels. I'm curious about what will be next... :)

At least if production isn't stopped and replacing the dummies with the real ones shouldn't be a big issue. Or not? 

You figure they’re building 400 per shift right now without steering wheels (once they're parked outside the dummy wheels are removed and sent back to the line). They're going to have to fix ALL of those cars when they do finally get the parts in. 

They have some parts, but only for the Lincoln's and the Shelby's.

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

28 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

You figure they’re building 400 per shift right now without steering wheels (once they're parked outside the dummy wheels are removed and sent back to the line). They're going to have to fix ALL of those cars when they do finally get the parts in. 

Okay thank you for the informations. I'd be glad to here from you if there's any kind of good news ;)

19 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Ok. It is a big issue indeed...?

Thank you for sharing. Very appreciated

27 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I'm guessing you’re asking when production might return to normal

answer to that is I have no idea, it all comes down to the supplier. 

You said they're  building 400 cars per shift. Is this full capacity or could it be more? 

How many shifts per week? I guess it will take quiet a while to install all the missing steering wheels.

28 minutes ago, Bachi said:

You said they're  building 400 cars per shift. Is this full capacity or could it be more? 

How many shifts per week? I guess it will take quiet a while to install all the missing steering wheels.

2 shifts, 5 days a week. 400 is about right for an 8 hour shift. That line moves slower than pretty much every other Ford plant. 

14 hours ago, Bachi said:

Ok well, blend date of my car was 1st Feb. should arrive at my local dealer at the end of April (according to the dealer). 

Guess I have to wait a few more weeks.

If I remember right you ordered back in october. Could I ask you the day? In my experience delivery requires 6-7 months for Euro customers and in your case would fit. Thank you

On 2/11/2019 at 6:08 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

Good morning, and excuse me for being a bit thick.

When you say "It's not going to last long", are you referring to the production slowdown or the happy dance the prior poster was talking about?  I'm kind of assuming you're talking about the happy dance, because it seems that even though the plant is back up and running, no real changes to the situation will take place until a bunch of steering wheels show up at some unknown future point and they can start running through the pile of wheel-less cars out in the lot.

And a side question, if I may.  How do they coordinate getting the steering wheels onto the cars in the hold lot?  Do they do it in place (which seems inefficient) or do they move them back to the plant (which would seem hard to do without a wheel)?

Edited by Zooks527
Punctuation error

On 2/9/2019 at 1:13 PM, ice-capades said:

Scheduling of new orders and/or production of scheduled units is all pushed back as a result of any plant "down time" since all Mustangs are produced at the Flat Rock Assembly Plant. As such, this would also affect orders for export markets.  

I didnt notice this post - thanks...

As far as you know is there any possibility to check an order status without a VIN but just with the Ford order ?