2019 Mustang Production Information

ice-capades

• 2 weeks later...

FYI... The New York Regional Office has sent out a notice that Mustang orders with the (673) Performance Package - Level 2 option will not be selected for scheduling, until further notice. This notice applies to New York Region orders. I have no access to information on the PP2 availability in other regions but wanted to pass this information on.

The MagneRide Damping System (96B) is available for scheduling on orders equipped with the GT Performance Package (67G) with either the 6-Speed Manual or 10-Speed SelectShift Automatic.  

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, ice-capades said:

FYI... The New York Regional Office has sent out a notice that Mustang orders with the (673) Performance Package - Level 2 option will not be selected for scheduling, until further notice. This notice applies to New York Region orders. I have no access to information on the PP2 availability in other regions but wanted to pass this information on.

The MagneRide Damping System (96B) is available for scheduling on orders equipped with the GT Performance Package (67G) with either the 6-Speed Manual or 10-Speed SelectShift Automatic.  

Well I received this email concerning my pp2 order:

"The delay is caused by the tires to be used on your ordered vehicle. These are the same tires as the Shelby R and they will not be shipping these until late Feb. or March. I wish I had better news. Unfortunately, we are at the mercy of Ford Motor Company on this one."

• Sad 2

Hi Ice Capades, I did cancel my order for the new Bullitt, and decided not to get one. This is kinda funny I was at the Ford Dealership getting my oil changed, I went inside and there's the Bullitt I ordered still sitting there on the showroom floor, with a price of $51.760.00 I t peaked my interest. Then I went online, and there it was on CLEARANCE! I talked to the Wife, and she said go ahead and talk to them. Long story short, I bought the Bullitt (12/05/18) and I love it, fully loaded with everything I wanted in it....Guess it was meant to be, just thought I would update y'all, and the wife has my 2015 50th Mustang GT.....?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aleykat271 said:

Hi Ice Capades, I did cancel my order for the new Bullitt, and decided not to get one. This is kinda funny I was at the Ford Dealership getting my oil changed, I went inside and there's the Bullitt I ordered still sitting there on the showroom floor, with a price of $51.760.00 I t peaked my interest. Then I went online, and there it was on CLEARANCE! I talked to the Wife, and she said go ahead and talk to them. Long story short, I bought the Bullitt (12/05/18) and I love it, fully loaded with everything I wanted in it....Guess it was meant to be, just thought I would update y'all, and the wife has my 2015 50th Mustang GT.....?

Nice!   What was the difference in price?

15 hours ago, aleykat271 said:

Congratulations! We got our Bullitt in July and sold it to a customer that also bought our 2018 Shelby GT350 that was received in May. The customer paid $10,000 over MSRP for each car! Since then, I've had two Mustang GT's arrive a couple of weeks apart and each time the car carrier had two Bullitt's going to other dealerships in CT. And a few weeks ago a friend in CO told me about a deal available on a Bullitt at a dealership there. I ran the VIN number to get the invoice and found that the Dealer was advertising the Bullitt at invoice pricing! Congratulations again on getting the Bullitt! Enjoy!  

Yeah! I made out like a Bandit. The best thing I did is cancel my order, and thought I would just be Happy with my 2015. Now we are a two Mustang Family, traded the wife's 2014 Fusion for the Bullitt. The Salesman could not believe how much they slashed the Bullitt down, and Why. Must be their loss in earnings so far this year. their loss my Gain....?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, I need a little assistance! I have a 2019 Bullitt, when I bought it I asked the salesman if I needed to use Premium fuel, I know the factory tunes it for the GT350 Intake, and throttle body, it doesn't say premium on the gas cap or in the manual. I have heard comments to get all the performance out of it I should use 93 octane. I have always got sound advice on this forum, and I appreciate any help on this issue, Thanks...AL ?

To get the advertised power and fuel economy you need to use 93 octane.   However, you can use 87 or 89 or 91 octane with no problem but you'll get a little less power and maybe slightly worse fuel economy.   Try a tank of 87 and a tank of 93 and see if you can feel the difference and then decide if it's worth the extra cost.  Most people end up running 87 most of the time.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Thx1138 said:

Anyone know when the PP2 production will resume after the pause for the cold weather?

There was no pause for cold weather at any Ford plant. The plant has been down since night shift finished their night shift finished their shift on the morning of 1/18 because of a parts shortage. Nobody knows when they will be back up and running.