2019 Mustang Production Information

ice-capades

Per yesterday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) the following timetable has been announced for the 2018MY Balance Out & 2019MY Job #1.

• 03/02/2018 - 2018MY Fleet Final Order Due Date
  • 03/22/2018 - 2018MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 06/07/2018 - 2018MY Job Last Date

• 03/12/2018 - 2019MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 04/12/2018 - 2019MY Scheduling Begins
  • 06/11/2018 - 2019MY Job #1 Date

The 2019MY Mustang Order Guide should be released to dealers on or about the date that the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) opens.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fleet orders balance out early because of the longer lead times for scheduling. Regular orders will balance out around the last date for spec changes (3/22/2018). Balance out is not set in stone and vehicle lines sometimes balance out earlier. As such, orders placed towards the end of scheduling are at a higher risk of not being scheduled due to commodity (options, etc.) issues.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

As I posted earlier, Ford released the 2019MY Mustang schedule with a Job #1 Date for 06/11/2018 with the 2019MY Order Bank Open Date on 03/12/2018 and scheduling to begin on 04/12/2018. It's been strange recently that there's still no plant "down time" listed for the Flat Rock Assembly Plant for the usual July shutdown.

We just did our new "wholesale" allocation meeting this afternoon which included the 2018MY Mustang "Balance Out" allocation. Of interest is that Ford's latest information for the Mustang is that the 2019MY Mustang Job #1 Date is now "tentative" with an expected July production start.

Here's another indication of the mess with Ford manufacturing. Only a few months away and they don't know when they'll actually do the model changeover!

Further adventures to follow! I'll provide further updates as information becomes available!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Before anyone asks... The 2019MY Mustang USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) os open but Ford has not yet released the Order Guide. I'll upload the order guide as soon as it's available.

Per the Detroit Free Press, 2019MY will see the return of the California Special.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/2018/03/12/ford-mustang-adds-muscle-lineup-ford-adds-muscle-launches-new-ford-mustang-gt-california-special-add/411494002/

New colors for 2019MY include Need for Green & Velocity Blue. Other than the Bullitt and CS models, everything else appears to be carryover.

post-7588-0-21288600-1520974356_thumb.jpg

post-7588-0-82560300-1520974365_thumb.jpg

post-7588-0-63367500-1520974373_thumb.jpg

post-7588-0-13487800-1520974383_thumb.jpg

post-7588-0-35647000-1520974398_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The need for green is vomit inducing. Just FYI.

Agreed. Not sure if this is a fine metallic like OF that really pops in the light. Based on the pictures I've seen NFG is a little too flat looking to be a good bright green.

Photo-Jan-28-1-36-09-PM.jpg

Edited by Roland

• 2 weeks later...

Ford Zone Managers are doing the allocation wholesale meetings for May/June production with allocation being offered for the 2019MY Mustang startup. We turned down the allocation as it's been a bad year for Mustang sales and we still have (5) 2017 Mustangs in stock... (1) GT Premium Fastback (Demo), (1) GT Premium Convertible (Demo), (1) GT Premium Fastback & (2) EcoBoost Fastbacks. We'll wait and see what our inventory situation is next time. The 2018MY schedule really helped mess things up!

• Like 1

...The 2018MY schedule really helped mess things up!

Ice-capades, it seems the last few years have been different from what used to be "normal"...

...for Job1 dates at least imho = later/like after MAY.

Has there ever been an explanation or acknowledgement from Fomoco?

Ice-capades, it seems the last few years have been different from what used to be "normal"...

...for Job1 dates at least imho = later/like after MAY.

Has there ever been an explanation or acknowledgement from Fomoco?

Ford doesn't tell their Dealers much of anything! Our best years were when the model changeover was early and the enthusiasts would order their Mustangs in December, January & February knowing they'd be able to drive the new MY Mustangs in the Spring.

• Like 2

Ford doesn't tell their Dealers much of anything! Our best years were when the model changeover was early and the enthusiasts would order their Mustangs in December, January & February knowing they'd be able to drive the new MY Mustangs in the Spring.

You would think someone in Ford management would be able to figure that out on their own
  • Like 2

Per yesterday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) the following timetable has been updated for the 2018MY Balance Out & 2019MY Job #1.

• 03/02/2018 - 2018MY Fleet Final Order Due Date
  • 03/22/2018 - 2018MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 06/13/2018 - 2018MY Job Last Date

• 03/26/2018 - 2019MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 04/19/2018 - 2019MY Scheduling Begins
  • 06/13/2018 - 2019MY Job #1 Date

The 2019MY Mustang Order Guide is available for download in the Order Guide Section.

• Like 2

I just placed my order for a 2019 mustang. How long does it take to show up in the system or do I at least have to wait until the scheduling begins?

I'm not sure what you mean by your order showing up in the "system". The order would be in the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) as soon as your Dealer placed it. The 2019 production information timetable, listed above in this thread, shows that 2019MY Mustang scheduling will start on Thursday, April 19th with a Job #1 Date set for 06/13/2018.

Attached is a copy of the file which is pinned to the Ford Motor Company Discussion Forum which will help give you information on the ordering and scheduling process.

Blue Oval Forums_Ford Vehicle Ordering & Scheduling Process_2017-08.pdf

Edited by ice-capades
  • Like 2

I'm not sure what you mean by your order showing up in the "system". The order would be in the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) as soon as your Dealer placed it. The 2019 production information timetable, listed above in this thread, shows that 2019MY Mustang scheduling will start on Thursday, April 19th with a Job #1 Date set for 06/13/2018.

Attached is a copy of the file which is pinned to the Ford Motor Company Discussion Forum which will help give you information on the ordering and scheduling process.

When I said system I meant COTUS. When should I be able to view information on it?

When I said system I meant COTUS. When should I be able to view information on it?

As fuzzymoomoo stated, the COTUS system is unfinished and unreliable. It's basically a "Beta" program that never should have been included on a Ford public website. It works sometimes and for others it's totally unreliable. As a BOF member you have access to the best information available from members such as fuzzymoomoo and others that donate a lot of time assisting members like yourself.

There's not much that any of us can do until after April 19th when 2019 Mustang scheduling starts but scheduling for your order depends on whether your Dealer has 2019 Mustang scheduling allocation that week.

• Like 2