Custom Search

2019 Lincoln Aviator Introduced Here !

Welcome to Blue Oval Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Blue Oval Forums.  You must first register to create topics and post replies. Registration is a quick and easy process and only takes a minute.  Be apart of Blue Oval Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images
  • Use the Shout feature and more. . .
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2019 Fusion Production Information

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   fuzzymoomoo

fuzzymoomoo

Blue Oval Enthusiast

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,381 posts
  • Joined 18-February 14
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2008 Focus, 2018 Fusion

Posted 04 August 2018 - 10:11 AM

Ford will determine what vehicle content it will build and schedule because Ford knows better than its Dealers what the Market wants.  

I cant quite tell if youre being serious or really pouring on the sarcasm here
Officially a disgruntled Ford Employee

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   Rickoval

Rickoval

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 23-March 18
  • Current Vehicle:F-150

Posted 04 August 2018 - 10:20 AM

Okay... Here's some information that's sure to generate a "healthy" discussion regarding the new ordering process and restrictions for 2019MY Fusion ordering. As I mentioned is a previous post, Dealers in a number of Northeast Regions are restricted to ordering 2019MY Fusion Hybrid & 2019MY Fusion Energi models ONLY. The only way to get gas model 2019MY Fusions scheduled is via retail customer orders.

Attached are 3 documents released to Dealers as part of the wholesale allocation meetings and 2019MY Fusion order commitments, etc. now in place.

Along with the simplified, streamlined ordering process for the 2019MY Fusion, Ford representatives are notifying Dealers that this new ordering process will be initiated across all, or nearly all, model lines within the next 2 years!

As I've written many times about the problems getting vehicles scheduled for production due to the constantly changing commodity issues and Ford forcing Dealers to take higher content models, this new change has Ford adopting the longstanding import model. Ford will determine what vehicle content it will build and schedule because Ford knows better than its Dealers what the Market wants.  

Interesting.  We ordered a 2018 Fusion Energi in May.  In late June we were told it may not be made, in July we were told it wouldn't be made.  We had thought regional rep was finding open order availability elsewhere in the country, and getting that for us, then learned that he was simply trying to find matching order elsewhere (which was unlikely).

A 2019 order was put in for us, then the dealer put in a matching dealer order, because they were told that dealer orders were being made first, held, then released when ready to ship, then retail orders would be made.  Now this says that all dealer orders are being cancelled and have to be reordered.  

Our 2018 Energi would have had $11,007 in incentives upon delivery.  Zero information on 2019 incentives from dealer or his rep.  At this point, available stock elsewhere is very limited, so we're pretty hosed.  Very disappointed at how this is transpiring.  

#43 OFFLINE   ice-capades

ice-capades

Ford Dealer Advertising & Inventory Manager

• 2,771 posts
  • Joined 25-July 01
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2018 Mustang EcoBoost Fastback

Posted 04 August 2018 - 10:31 AM

I cant quite tell if youre being serious or really pouring on the sarcasm here

Probably a combination of both!

#44 OFFLINE   ice-capades

ice-capades

Ford Dealer Advertising & Inventory Manager

• 2,771 posts
  • Joined 25-July 01
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2018 Mustang EcoBoost Fastback

Posted 04 August 2018 - 10:35 AM

Interesting.  We ordered a 2018 Fusion Energi in May.  In late June we were told it may not be made, in July we were told it wouldn't be made.  We had thought regional rep was finding open order availability elsewhere in the country, and getting that for us, then learned that he was simply trying to find matching order elsewhere (which was unlikely).

A 2019 order was put in for us, then the dealer put in a matching dealer order, because they were told that dealer orders were being made first, held, then released when ready to ship, then retail orders would be made.  Now this says that all dealer orders are being cancelled and have to be reordered.  

Our 2018 Energi would have had $11,007 in incentives upon delivery.  Zero information on 2019 incentives from dealer or his rep.  At this point, available stock elsewhere is very limited, so we're pretty hosed.  Very disappointed at how this is transpiring.  

FYI... The Ford regional representative could only have tried to get allocation from another Dealer in the same region. Dearborn determines the total allocation available ant then breaks it down to Regional allocation which is then set at the Zone and Dealer level. 

#45 OFFLINE   Rickoval

Rickoval

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 23-March 18
  • Current Vehicle:F-150

Posted 04 August 2018 - 10:38 AM

I surmised that.  We were basically mislead and now are hosed.  Sold our 2nd vehicle (which this was replacing) within 8 days (having no idea what was going to transpire).  Since we ordered before the model year end, we were told we were fine - not...  

It amazes me that Ford had a valid customer order, which they could have made, and chose not to.  

Edited by Rickoval, 07 August 2018 - 01:20 PM.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service | DMCA ·