Ford US ESP at Cost

This was moderator approved to post.

For 8 years I've built a relationship with a Ford dealer for ESPs. He had originally misquoted my ESP and honored it without even telling he misquoted by $400. He ended up taking a $300 loss on the deal.

So during these 8 years, I've been trying to refer people to him because it is very difficult to find a standup guy to honor an error (I didn't buy a vehicle from him so there was no backend money made).

Long story short, he sells to forum members Ford ESPs (genuine) at Dealer cost and I've had 500+ members buy from him across 49 states (I'm a moderator on 2 other forums).

I have zero affiliation with him and I do not make any money or get paid any other way.

Anyone in the US looking to buy a Ford ESP, please PM me and I will connect you with his contact info. Again, this is straight dealer cost, no profit to be made.

Edited by blwnsmoke
  • Like 6

This was moderator approved to post.

For 8 years I've built a relationship with a Ford dealer for ESPs. He had originally misquoted my ESP and honored it without even telling he misquoted by $400. He ended up taking a $300 loss on the deal.

So during these 8 years, I've been trying to refer people to him because it is very difficult to find a standup guy to honor an error (I didn't buy a vehicle from him so there was no backend money made).

Long story short, he sells to forum members Ford ESPs (genuine) at Dealer cost and I've had 500+ members buy from him across 49 states (I'm a moderator on 2 other forums).

I have zero affiliation with him and I do not make any money or get paid any other way.

Anyone in the US looking to buy a Ford ESP, please PM me and I will connect you with his contact info. Again, this is straight dealer cost, no profit to be made.

---------

Because of the success of this and the phenomenal deal I worked out, I decided to contact a Canadian dealer via email to see if they would be willing to work anything out. The 2 finance managers and GM met after my email and also contacted the US dealer that I've been dealing with and have agreed to discount them.

Any forum member in Canada can get a Ford ESP for $200 over cost. This is an exceptional deal for Canadians because of how much more money they are up in Canada. This arrangement just started a few days ago with them. If anyone is interested, again please PM me.

I do not want to mention either name or contact info in the forum as I do not want to have this considered advertising.

But feel free to ask any questions if you like.

Let me take a wild guess. This Dealer will sell the Ford ESP "At Cost" to residents of (49) States. By chance is that one hold out State, "Floridah"? AppleCare couldn't be purchased in FL either for years being the only State or Territory that was unable to purchase the extended Apple Plan (unless) it was for a Business or Educational Institution. Somehow they finally got Tallahassee to get on board. I purchased an ESP Premium Plan at a ridiculously low price from a MA Ford Dealership. He brought to my attention although Ford prohibits its Dealers to sell online Discounted ESP Plans to Florida residents due to some asinine State Insurance Regulation, there was a simply way to bypass this insanity. Once the VIN# and Mileage is verified by a recent Oil Change at a Ford Dealership, they write the ESP under the assumption you bought it directly at the MA Dealership while traveling through the State on Vacation which is perfectly legal. How is either Ford or the State of Florida able to verify whether or not you physically set foot into the Dealership to purchase the Plan?

Edited by akirby

Let me take a wild guess. This Dealer will sell the Ford ESP "At Cost" to residents of (49) States. By chance is that one hold out State, "Floridah"? AppleCare couldn't be purchased in FL either for years being the only State or Territory that was unable to purchase the extended Apple Plan (unless) it was for a Business or Educational Institution. Somehow they finally got Tallahassee to get on board. I purchased an ESP Premium Plan at a ridiculously low price from a MA Ford Dealership. He brought to my attention although Ford prohibits its Dealers to sell online Discounted ESP Plans to Florida residents due to some asinine State Insurance Regulation, there was a simply way to bypass this insanity. Once the VIN# and Mileage is verified by a recent Oil Change at a Ford Dealership, they write the ESP under the assumption you bought it directly at the MA Dealership while traveling through the State on Vacation which is perfectly legal. How is either Ford or the State of Florida able to verify whether or not you physically set foot into the Dealership to purchase the Plan?

He sells to Florida but it is at MSRP. You do however save the sales tax going through him.

That is not a work around.. they are still not supposed to sell to Florida residents buying outside of the state. Ford audits them and will reject it if they see a Florida based vehicle (based on address) buy an ESP that is not at MSRP.

This is all from what he told me.

You can not buy am ESP in the US without a valid US address. Yes, if visiting either country, they are valid. Ford put a stop to it several years ago.

When talking with the dealer in Canada, they were saying how prior to the stop, many in Canada near the border would buy them in states. Their is over a $1,000 difference in cost between US dealer cost and Canada dealer cost. Difference in cost is not only exchange rate but labor rates between the 2.

I can vouch for this - lowest prices available, with 0% financing on top if you want to spread it out.

I believe Ford has far and away the best manufacturer-backed extended warranty in the business, and I never hesitate to get the ESP on my vehicles. Highly recommended!

is it worth it on a lease though? When I finally do get my Ranger Im probably going to lease it with the intention on keeping it when the lease is up, but I want to lease in case by the time the lease is up a new one launches with a feature I want that wasnt previously available.

is it worth it on a lease though? When I finally do get my Ranger Im probably going to lease it with the intention on keeping it when the lease is up, but I want to lease in case by the time the lease is up a new one launches with a feature I want that wasnt previously available.

Wait until the end of the lease. You can buy it anytime before the 3/36K warranty expires. You should know by then whether you want to keep it.

However, if you're looking only to save money you're better off not buying one and self-insuring. The odds are never in your favor over the long run and over several vehicles. E.g. I have not purchased extended warranties. I've had several vehicles that we kept for 2 years past the B2B warranty and 3 that we kept 6-7 years. We've paid less than $500 in repairs on those vehicles, but we saved at least $8K (probably more) by not buying them. So we're at least $7500 ahead. Even if I had to spend $4K on a major repair I'm still ahead $3500.

The best reason to get one is if you can't afford an expensive repair. Finance the warranty with the vehicle so you're only paying a few dollars per month.

• Like 1

Personally if you were going to lease without buying, no. I always buy them but I keep my vehicles into the low to mid 100,000 mile mark. My 07 had 125k on it and I had paid $1,400 back then for it and got my money back 3 times on it. My 11 Explorer I paid $1,700 for and I got about $1,400 out of it back from warranty repairs including free rentals. I always get the 1st day rental because I need a car. So at $50 per day for a rental (SUV), it adds up quick.

My 15 I paid $2,200 for it, 8yr/100k. Not sure if I'll get my money back on that. As of now, I've had about $400 in rentals with only 33k on it. It was in the shop 3 times for very minor repairs but at a $50 deductible, I don't wait to build up a laundry list. Makes it very easy to drop off and drive away in an Explorer or Expedition.. had a mustang convertible twice.

• 3 weeks later...

As I Posted before, (won't mention Dealerships name) located in the Greenfield, MA area that will sell the Ford ESP Plan to Florida registered Vehicles and are Valid. Looked up my ESP in FL Dealer Oasis Report! The audit by Ford allows Dealerships (although discouraged) to sell ESP Plans to Florida residents (if) they just happen to be driving through the area an physically walk into the said Dealership to inquire about purchasing the Plan while traveling on Vacation. Is the Dealership required to take a Photo of the Vehicle and Tag Number with a Day & Time stamp to verify that the Car was physically at the Dealership? Too bad FL residents have to go to these lengths to get a deal on a ESP Plan while the rest of the 49 States (and) Territories can legally purchase on line at huge Discounts!

He sells to Florida but it is at MSRP. You do however save the sales tax going through him.

That is not a work around.. they are still not supposed to sell to Florida residents buying outside of the state. Ford audits them and will reject it if they see a Florida based vehicle (based on address) buy an ESP that is not at MSRP.

This is all from what he told me.

Until the out of State Dealer such as the one I have bought ESP Plans from in Western MA at huge discounts to my FL Registered Vehicles are required to take a Photo of the Car & Tag Number with a time & date stamp, proving you were on Vacation an Physically at their Store, the Audit means zero. I checked my ESP # on my FL Dealerships Oasis Report and its valid!

• Like 1

Until the out of State Dealer such as the one I have bought ESP Plans from in Western MA at huge discounts to my FL Registered Vehicles are required to take a Photo of the Car & Tag Number with a time & date stamp, proving you were on Vacation an Physically at their Store, the Audit means zero. I checked my ESP # on my FL Dealerships Oasis Report and its valid!

So I basically quoted your response and sent it to the dealership manager that I deal with in this post (known him for almost 9 years).

His response:

"To be perfectly blunt, that’s bullshit lol.

I learned the hard way when I lost about $1600 on sale the very first time you sent a Florida person to me.

If they ask me to do it I will have to kindly decline my friend."

So you might have been lucky and got snuck by, but it is NOT allowed.

So I basically quoted your response and sent it to the dealership manager that I deal with in this post (known him for almost 9 years).

His response:

"To be perfectly blunt, that’s bullshit lol.

I learned the hard way when I lost about $1600 on sale the very first time you sent a Florida person to me.

If they ask me to do it I will have to kindly decline my friend."

So you might have been lucky and got snuck by, but it is NOT allowed.

Well, until or if the Yahoo`s in Tallahassee ever change their asinine Consumer Protection Law requiring Florida Residents to pay full MSRP on ESP Plans, I will follow the same protocol. Why not require all Florida Residents to pay Full MSRP on the Vehicle itself while their at it? The Florida Consumer Affairs Insurance Division claims it is to protect "Seniors" from paying (OVER) MSRP for ESP Plans. What a hoot!

• 8 months later...

Yes it is, will PM you tonight. That seems to be typical of Canadian dealers for some reason.. far more then the US which is why I wanted to see if I could get this setup.

Haha yea, sadly that seems to be par for the course in Canada...Looking forward to seeing what what the difference in price will be!

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...