Ford Motor Company November 2017 Sales Figures

Disappointing to see Lincoln down overall, but most of the loss is from sedans, which are all down for the month.

It'll be nice to have all new MKZ/MKC replacements soon. And hopefully the C refresh and Nautilus changeover will help too. I know we're a ways off from it happening, but I wonder if they will combine MKX and Nautilus numbers or if they'll report them separately?

Navigator sales starting to bump up with the new model starting to arrive at dealers.

Focus scored 13,226 sales last month, that's up almost 45% compared to November last year and quite astonishing. :)

Lincoln figures are down on tha back of softer car sales, MKC, MKX and Navigator sales are still quite good

considering that they are mostly '17 run out models.

Edited by jpd80

Ford isnt selling 13k Focussss to retail customers in a month. This is fleet dumping. I want to see retail vs fleet numbers for the Focus in November.

Its not entirely fleet sales, there's been at least a 5k rebate on them for the last few months. You can get a reasonably loaded SE for about 13k right now.

FWIW the problems have been mostly resolved since the end of 2016

Honestly, I don't believe it. Every time they released a revised clutch pack they failed after some mileage was put on them. And the TCM is the original design IIRC. The only thing I think is fixed without a doubt is the oil leak.

Its not entirely fleet sales, there's been at least a 5k rebate on them for the last few months. You can get a reasonably loaded SE for about 13k right now.

Correct, it's more like GM's Retail dumping where better trimmed vehicles aimed at retail buyers are then given generous incentives.

When Ford is offering up to $5K off an $18K MSRP car than you know that something is really up.

Rental fleet sales percentage across all Ford vehicles is around 10% so there ill be some sales bleed

to fleet but not the blood nose some suspect, it's all heavily discounted retail sales so make of that what

you will but when GM pushes retail sales using incentives, that somehow makes it far more acceptable...

Edited by jpd80

Honestly, I don't believe it. Every time they released a revised clutch pack they failed after some mileage was put on them. And the TCM is the original design IIRC. The only thing I think is fixed without a doubt is the oil leak.

We've all been through this subject enough times to know that the cars while better mannered are far from permanently fixed

All Ford has done is delayed those issues, delayed them long enough that problems don't occur inide the first three years.

Maybe these later cars can even get through to four years before the trans really starts playing up, long enough for a great

trade in deal on the next generation Focus...

Mustang sales have increased to 6,720 but I bet a lot of them are still run out 2017s

Edited by jpd80

We've all been through this subject enough times to know that the cars while better mannered are far from permanently fixed

All Ford has done is delayed those issues, delayed them long enough that problems don't occur inide the first three years.

Maybe these later cars can even get through to four years before the trans really starts playing up, long enough for a great

Mustang sales have increased to 6,720 but I bet a lot of them are still run out 2017s

I saw a 2018 Mustang convertible the other day. But yes, I agree, the vast majority of those sales are 2017s.

Great trade-in and MK3 Focus are not two things that go together.

• Like 1

2012 Focus. Power shift transmission with original clutch pack and seals. 76,000 miles and it drives fine (really, it does). Disclaimer: 90% of our driving is on the highway. Once the tranny is in 6th gear, it stays there for an extended period (we live in rural northern Michigan), I doubt I’d be saying the same thing if I lived in the city.

2012 Focus. Power shift transmission with original clutch pack and seals. 76,000 miles and it drives fine (really, it does). Disclaimer: 90% of our driving is on the highway. Once the tranny is in 6th gear, it stays there for an extended period (we live in rural northern Michigan), I doubt Id be saying the same thing if I lived in the city.

Yeah. My friends was fine until he hit 75k, then he lost his TCM. At 96k he needed replacement clutches. He drives from Toledo to Dearborn every day. Stranded him twice on the expressway.

Good luck to you, but I'd dump it first chance you get. Everybody I know of with a DCT has had problems, and working for Ford I know a lot.

Edited by Pioneer