Lincoln Concierge - Clueless or Intentionally Vague?

HofstraJet

I contacted the Lincoln Concierge a few weeks ago to find out the status of my 18 Navi order. Was told it was processing and they would contact me when it updates. I then found the forum here where employees provide updates and I was informed last week that my vehicle has a VIN and is scheduled to be built week of Dec. 11. Yay.

Yesterday, the Concierge called me and said that my VIN was assigned, but that they have no idea when it would be built, they contacted my dealer and he doesn't show it on his incoming vehicle list (duh - it's not even built yet), and that even once it is delivered to the dealer, I should expect another few weeks before delivery so that the dealer can perform a "quality check".

Are they just managing expectations (under-promise and over-deliver) or are they really that clueless?

I contacted the Lincoln Concierge a few weeks ago to find out the status of my 18 Navi order. Was told it was processing and they would contact me when it updates. I then found the forum here where employees provide updates and I was informed last week that my vehicle has a VIN and is scheduled to be built week of Dec. 11. Yay.

Yesterday, the Concierge called me and said that my VIN was assigned, but that they have no idea when it would be built, they contacted my dealer and he doesn't show it on his incoming vehicle list (duh - it's not even built yet), and that even once it is delivered to the dealer, I should expect another few weeks before delivery so that the dealer can perform a "quality check".

Are they just managing expectations (under-promise and over-deliver) or are they really that clueless?

Wow, what is this quality check they doing? Lol their quality chreck takes longer to perform than the actual build time of the vehicle.

At the price youre paying for Navigator I would rather them send you a perfect truck that takes a little longer to get, than send you one with minor quibbles that irritate people.

I completely agree with this sentiment, not sure the dealer is the right place for quality control. By the time it arrives to their lot I would expect the product to be ready to go.
  • Like 1