2019 Lincoln MKX renamed Nautilus

If that is there target market they are missing the boat on drivetrains. That age/education level is more and more going to be seeking at minimum plug in hybrids. Range Rover has their plug in hybrid options coming out next March. All the German luxury brands will have their options. The Volvo XC90 T8 is a hot seller with that demographic. Ford needs to up their game.

There sure is a lot of carrying on about the name change, but from my perspective I finally see some positive signs at Lincoln for once. The lineup is looking more relevant now, although there remains work to be done on the brands image. I do believe there should be no reference to any Ford terminology, such as Sync3, ecoboost, etc, in order to further distance themselves from the Ford brand.

I too fit the demographic they are targeting, but I have little interest in hybrids/pluggins at this point, although I believe they should begin to offer them in the immediate future in order to look more progressive on the technology front.

It seems like they are finally trending positively and the name changes are welcome as far as Im concerned. The MK name convention was crap. Lincoln is not BMW/Mercedes and they should be finding their own identity. My guess is the name change will not impact peoples buying decisions, but it will make the models more unique.

At least on Sync 3, CarPlay is only available while connected via USB. I don't know if it's a limitation of BT bandwidth, CarPlay, Sync, or something else. Given that CarPlay replaces some of Sync's services (like nav maps) with the iPhone's services, I'm thinking it's likely because BT doesn't have enough bandwidth to accommodate it.

I hate that Car Play overrides the car's nav system without even the option to choose. I don't like Apple maps either.

The typical buyer of a Lincoln is older than whom they are targeting. By the last post, my wife and I are smack in the middle of the age range Ford wants to sell to. I have the income and the resources to buy, but they make nothing that screams luxury, only rebadged Fords with different sheet metal and features blown out of proportion to the point of lying to the customer. I can't imagine anybody that doesn't receive A-plan on them thinking they are a good value.

Ford should have kept Land Rover and Jaguar. Lincoln will never mean luxury to most of my generation.

And the Nautilus name is stupid. Everybody at work wad laughing about it when we saw the email. It's not just me.

You hate the name and vehicle, we get it.

Every single article I read (at least 10 or so from a variety of sources - automotive and non-automotive) were very positive about the change to a proper name and liked it.

There sure is a lot of carrying on about the name change, but from my perspective I finally see some positive signs at Lincoln for once. The lineup is looking more relevant now, although there remains work to be done on the brands image. I do believe there should be no reference to any Ford terminology, such as Sync3, ecoboost, etc, in order to further distance themselves from the Ford brand.

I too fit the demographic they are targeting, but I have little interest in hybrids/pluggins at this point, although I believe they should begin to offer them in the immediate future in order to look more progressive on the technology front.

It seems like they are finally trending positively and the name changes are welcome as far as Im concerned. The MK name convention was crap. Lincoln is not BMW/Mercedes and they should be finding their own identity. My guess is the name change will not impact peoples buying decisions, but it will make the models more unique.

They no longer use EcoBoost branding (now just use "T" after the displacement). It would be nice to see them use something other than the SYNC3 name, though.

First of all, Lincoln's website is a mess. There is no future vehicle page for the new MKC, the link just brings you to a media release page; and there's no comprehensive gallery or detailing on the Black Label Nautilus, which begs the question- do non-Black Label Nautilus' (Nautilii?) get side badging or no?

post-39842-0-14877100-1511977697_thumb.png

post-39842-0-45716700-1511977716_thumb.png

also, those revel speaker grilles are NOT pleasant...

post-39842-0-77486300-1511977730_thumb.png

First of all, Lincoln's website is a mess. There is no future vehicle page for the new MKC, the link just brings you to a media release page; and there's no comprehensive gallery or detailing on the Black Label Nautilus, which begs the question- do non-Black Label Nautilus' (Nautilii?) get side badging or no?

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-11-29 at 12.34.52 PM.png

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-11-29 at 12.35.17 PM.png

also, those revel speaker grilles are NOT pleasant...

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-11-29 at 12.41.10 PM.png

Hm, there was a future page for MKC.

I too hate the way they redesigned the website. It's not intuitive at all, with various menus and items you want buried in strange places.

Ford's new website is the same.

And yes, there was rolling footage of non-BL models (I posted it), showing that they do have side badging, but the lettering is all chrome instead of black with chrome outlines.

I guess I could have looked it up myself but thanks for doing the work. We are 40 so right in the middle of what they are looking for but we thought most owners were the seasoned citizen age range... this makes me feel a little better lol

The typical buyer of a Lincoln is older than whom they are targeting. By the last post, my wife and I are smack in the middle of the age range Ford wants to sell to. I have the income and the resources to buy, but they make nothing that screams luxury, only rebadged Fords with different sheet metal and features blown out of proportion to the point of lying to the customer. I can't imagine anybody that doesn't receive A-plan on them thinking they are a good value.

Ford should have kept Land Rover and Jaguar. Lincoln will never mean luxury to most of my generation.

And the Nautilus name is stupid. Everybody at work wad laughing about it when we saw the email. It's not just me.

We looked at the land rover and jags but we need a 7 seater at least and the cost of the lad rover is way over what we got with the Navigator. We havent seen one in person so I cant comment on the luxury comparison yet but given that we are moving from a 2005 model Subaru it wont take much to impress us.

In the second video it appears as if car play is not available wireless but only while plugged in.

My friends Honda CRV works the same way, must be an Apple requirement

I had a BMW rental this summer (booked a Mustang Convertible and they were out) and it had wireless CarPlay.

Every single article I read (at least 10 or so from a variety of sources - automotive and non-automotive) were very positive about the change to a proper name and liked it.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/2019-lincoln-nautilus-suv-replaces-the-mkx-news

Read the comments. Everybody is glad the Mk-whatever is being ditched, but most readers don't like the name.

I propose the Navigator name be changed to Titanic. The MkC could be named The Minnow. The Continental should be changed to Queen Mary and the upcoming 3-row crossover should be named the Costa Concordia.

Edit: I forgot the Mkz. I would propose Corvette because that is a fast ship, but GM might not like it. How about Seawolf?

Edited by Pioneer

And what other luxury car makes aren't shared with lesser siblings?

Seems like your just bitching to bitch about things.

You're right. My mistake. No other vehicle in America compares. It just needs a name that doesn't conjure images of sea creatures and submarines. Edited by Pioneer

You're right. My mistake. No other vehicle in America compares. It just needs a name that doesn't conjure images of sea creatures and submarines.

And sarcasm isn't going to get you anywhere either.

Like I said, bitching to bitch...how is Nautiluss worse then then this shit:

RX350

Q5

GLC

XT5

and so on...

And sarcasm isn't going to get you anywhere either.

Like I said, bitching to bitch...how is Nautiluss worse then then this shit:

RX350

Q5

GLC

XT5

and so on...

I'm bitching because the name sucks. I begged for this thread to be moved to the proper forum. I don't go there for a reason. Don't like my opinion, fine. You can block me, ignore me, move the thread or ban me. Take your pick.

Lexus shares a lot of platforms with Toyota including all their best sellers.

It’s not the platform, it’s what you do with it.

Navigator is absolutely best in class - there is no argument there. Continental is very competitive as well. The new Aviator should be best in class when it arrives (with RWD).

I'm bitching because the name sucks. I begged for this thread to be moved to the proper forum. I don't go there for a reason. Don't like my opinion, fine. You can block me, ignore me, move the thread or ban me. Take your pick.

So don’t click on the topic. It’s clearly labeled Lincoln Nautilus. Unwad you panties.

And last time I checked, Lincoln was a brand of the Ford Motor Company regardless of the “Lincoln Motor Company” moniker.

• Like 1

Its nice that Lincoln finally has some commonality in the line with look, the biggest let down was powertrain, no 3.0L and no. Hybrid/Plugin that would signal Lincoln's change as well. Hopefully things like the navigator HUD and Night Vision will show up in the production version, they didn't give any indication on packages and such. I don't see what the big deal with the name is, it has a name and it isn't totally offensive. I do like the improvements to the back end; the line of light looks very clean. Is the Safety tech stuff going to be standard or optional, and are all models just using the same headlights now?

I also do wonder what the updates Edge will have, wonder if a NA V6 is removed from that as well. Would have been nice to see the 2.3L and 3.0L as the Lincoln Engines and 2.0L and 2.7L as the Ford Engines.

• Like 1